Denova Colonel Vorgath Probe Droid Bug

I didn't find any other threads here covering this issue, but did find another person having the exact same problem here: http://mmo-mechanics.com/swtor/forums/Thread-EC-Colonel-Vorgath-Hard-Mode?page=3

This issue happened to my group twice last night, each time causing such a considerable delay that we ran into the enrage timer and wiped both times.

So what happens, is after I press the red circle to turn it yellow, while the person with the defuse kit is defusing the bomb, I start the cast to pull the probe droid. the first 2 or 3 times this works fine, but on the 3rd or 4th time, I'll holo down into the minefield, can't move for a few seconds, and then without pulling a probe, just port back up top and another mob will fly down. The time it takes me to port down there, back up, kill the mob, then do it all over again is causing us to delay for way too long and hit the enrage, all the while our dps is sitting there twiddling their thumbs on the opposite side of the minefield.

Has anyone else run into this issue or have any idea what might be causing it? It is obviously quite frustrating.

EDIT: I should add that both times, the bomb was defused well before the cast was finished and I holo down there.

Edited by teknickal

It's a pretty common and known bug here. Sometimes we can still make it across the field, sometimes you can't. I don't know of any way to prevent it.

Thank you, I don't frequent these forums much, and the search turned up nothing relevant, so I didn't know if this was common.

As a main solver of this puzzle I've seen this bug more than 10 times. Don't know how to avoid this, but I've heard that solver shouldn't get aggro of anything except for spawning add at the tower. So no healing of other teammates and no attacks of trash should be done by solver. Can't say for sure if it workes, but you can try.

I'm always the solve for this puzzle. We were recording a strategy guide the other night and it happens in the video - we manage to recover but only with the use of a bloodthirst to save us some time.

It's a massive pain in the *** and we've seen it several times before and really can't explain the reason for it....

Regards,

Thermal

Elite Gaming Raid Guides

http://www.youtube.com/thermal8691

ive done the tower a few times but i noticed if u wait a soild 2 secs before you try moving your fine and make sure your dont use anything besides trying to run(no force speed) and also make sure there are no assassination droid around where u spawn down there i think if there explosion hits you it wil knock you out aswell