1st Anniversary Fireworks are Coming!

CourtneyWoods

December 20th marks the 1st Anniversary of the official launch of Star Wars™: The Old Republic™! To thank our community for their continued support throughout this memorable first year, we’re happy to announce that all players with a valid Star Wars: The Old Republic account as of December 10th, 11:59PM CST will receive 25 complimentary stacks of faction-based fireworks! Fireworks will be delivered via in-game mail on December 11, 2012 to all qualifying players.

Read More

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice little gift.

Meager little gift.

It's a shame, it seems anything remotely cool or worthwhile stuff is going to be Cartel Shop material and the free gratitude rewards are going to be garbage.

Yeah I know, I just riled up the defense force.

Edited by Graydon

I want more normal sparkles, but big sparkles are never wrong. I hope we'll be able to buy some extra with credits somewhere, because otherwise I will be hording mine until next year's celebrations because they are too precious. lol

This is sweet!

I can't wait to get in a raid and destroy peoples frame rates with my pet out, glowing eyes, sparkle powder, party jawa, and now having some of these babys to fire off too! Muwahaha.

But seriously, this is a kool little gift. My question though is... is it 25 full stacks? As in 25 stacks of 99 (which would be AWESOME) or a stack of just 25.?

And is it per toon or per account?

I don't mean to sound ungrateful, I really don't, but I honestly would have much rather gotten nothing at all over fireworks. To me personally, fireworks have always been the most useless things in MMOs.

I'd honestly just like a heartfelt letter from Bioware thanking us for playing their game, they can keep the fireworks.

Meager little gift.

It's a shame, it seems anything remotely cool or worthwhile is Cartel Shop material and the free celebration rewards are garbage.

Yeah I know, I just riled up the defense force.

Oh I agree with you. I just said it in a neutral way :p

Edited by Eillack

I fail to see what to "celebrate".

Maybe Quickest MMORPG to Freemium in history?

Maybe Most Disappointing PvP in any MMORPG?

Maybe Most Trivial Game to Level-up in the history of MMORPGs?

Most Hyped MMORPG in history with the biggest let down factor?

The list goes on ...

Well I guess that is pretty cool, but I would rather have something useful...

Agreed. Interesting, short lived but pretty cool.

However, I think a little more thought should have been put into it.

More along the lines that if you had been here for 11 or 12 months the fireworks package was unlimited (with a 1 min cool down) and not just 25 uses.

Something a little more permanent to celebrate with.

I fail to see what to "celebrate".

Maybe Quickest MMORPG to Freemium in history?

Maybe Most Disappointing PvP in any MMORPG?

Maybe Most Trivial Game to Level-up in the history of MMORPGs?

Most Hyped MMORPG in history with the biggest let down factor?

The list goes on ...

It's ok go sit in the corner and someone will bring you some nice warm milk. Considering you are still subbed to the game you must enjoy it and would welcome the fireworks to show said joy.

I wonder how graphically intensive each rocket is... How far away can other players see it? It would be cool for a player run event to have maybe 100 players gather near the hills of Drumond Kaas and have 10-15 doods launch their fireworks and create a show from the distance.

...not very Sithy tho..