Kaon: Last bosses kill order

There doesn't seem to be a wide consensus on what's the best approach. Some groups start with the middle one, others with the right one.

Couple of days ago, with my mara, I asked since the tank wasn't putting any marks. "Just bunch up on me, aoe heal and kill the one you hate the most first, lol" The healer backed them up by saying "sounds about right, lol" so we did.

I like to start with the beefy zombie on the right first, since being constantly stomped by it is kind of annyoing...

There was thread about this before and basically you are correct there is no consensus, there are reasonable points made for just about every possible kill order.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=528356

I don't think it much matters, as long as everyone in the group agrees on something. I just go with whatever is 1st suggested in the group.

I know one of them (the big one they have stupid names to remember) has a kind of soft enrage if you don't kill him fast enough which gives you debuff causing everyone to take 200% damage. We tend to let him do that to make the healing more interesting, otherwise I just end up DPSing half the time.

There was thread about this before and basically you are correct there is no consensus, there are reasonable points made for just about every possible kill order.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=528356

I don't think it much matters, as long as everyone in the group agrees on something. I just go with whatever is 1st suggested in the group.

oh, thanks. :)

so basically, the best approach is agreeing on the kill order, that's all

Commander Lk’Graagth (Middle) Is the only one which can be taunted at the start of the fight. For this reason he must be killed first. Once the Commander is out of the way, then its at the discression of the team. G'klarg (Left) does a pinning move, which keeps a player out of the fight which is why I usually take him out 2nd and Chak’Agakh (right) is just a straight tank n' spank.

My preferred way of doing it on my shadow tank is for me to hold the middle guy and everyone else to kill the big one. I also like if the rest of the group bunch up close to me so my aoe can catch all three mobs and/or any adds that show up, this also helps with the healer's aoe.

But since the group usually has several overgeared people, including my tank, the order doesn't really matter and they usually die pretty fast regardless.

I agree that as long as everyone focuses same kill order, any order is fine.

When I tank I set kill order as :

Big guy on right then the left and middle last. here's my reasoning.

The only one that can be taunted is the middle guy. I can keep him agro'd on me the whole fight by taunting him when it's up. This keeps him off the healer and everyone else. Since You can't taunt the right or left at all during the fight, they tend to bounce targets and hit the healer. I want them dead sooner to stop the healers and DPS from panicking thru the whole fight.

I basically tell eveyone to stack on the middle , so the right and left don't go running around. This allows healer to aoe heal and dps to spam AOE

When the left and right die the adds spawn, I AOE taunt the adds to the middle so the dps can AOE them down.

right or middle first as it doesn't matter. poorly geared tank and or healer benefits from the right first from my experiences as a healer getting pinned at the wrong time isn't good.

some additional advice

bunch up together on this fight. that means you range dps.

AOE them down together :)

Nah, I actually prefer to kill the big guy first because I find the pin annoying. A few times we get the tank on the middle one to interrupt and because he is tankable, I'll take one, and the other DPS take the other and we have a race to see who can win. Always stacked up on the bosses though, that's the only constant.

The easiest this fight can go (IMO) is attacking the Commander first as the other two chase a healer around who is smart enough to not stand still. It's a great room for kiting. If they target a DPS they can kite also, admittedly it does slow things down though. And once Commander's down it's just a tank and spank.

On the other hand if you're group can't handle a concept like 'kiting,' (you'd be surprised) this can be a mess.

Edited by Pubsam

Fatty on the right first.

If you kill the Commander first, the right guy will constantly pin a player until he is killed.

After that noone cares.

He doesn't constantly pin, he occasionally pins. And once Commander is down the pin is always on the tank!

I usually do it with the commander first, then the big guy, but it works either way. It really depends more on gear, if your tank or healer are not very well geared you will probably want to kill the guy that pins first so that you have as much up time as possible, otherwise I like to kill the commander first so that I can taunt and kill aoe both the bosses and the adds at the same time.

In a geared group it does not matter.

Under geared.

Commander (frees up the others so they can be tanked)

Big guy (pins occasionally)

Other one

Never ever had an issue with the big one causing massive damage by leaving him even with really under geared groups

I played Koan last night and something weird happend. I killed the commander like usual, but I wasn't allow to taunt the other two. They kept chasing the healer and dps the rest of the fight. We managed to kill them, but it was quite disconcerting. I have done the flashpoint like 20 times and I never had that problem before. Thoughts?

He doesn't constantly pin, he occasionally pins. And once Commander is down the pin is always on the tank!

Yes, he does pin constantly when the Commander is down.

Also that it's on the tank might be the case for you.

For me in my runs it's always a DPS or heal that gets pinned then, which is bad if you're not geared enough.

my usual kill order is: right, mid, left. reason: right and left are not tauntable, mid is. right (big guy) pins, he must go down first. as soon as mid goes down, i can then taunt left.

a funny thing happened the other day though, our healer died early in the fight, while we were about halfway into right mob (big guy), so it was just tank (me), and dps. we killed right, mid, left without a healer lol. we were alive, but barely. :p

Usually I am in a group that goes after the fat one on the right first ( the one who pins), then the one on the left, then the commander. That always seems to work.

The other night a lot of weirdness happened where the fatty would pin me (the DPS) and before I knew it the entire mob aggroed on me and I died instantly. I think the healer died first which is always a bad thing. I can't remember if the tank had survived to that point.

Two ways of doing that as it was already mentioned:

First one which I dont like - kill the right one first, the left one then Commander. I dont know what ppl find good about this tactic. Basically two first targets are untauntable and are chasing targets pointed by commander so You have to kite them if tehy're after You until they die.

Second one that is IMO proper way of doing that is to kill Commander first - You have to kite the other two if they are chasing You untill commander is dead (just like the other tactic) but as soon as Commander is killed the other two becomes tauntable and tankable and the fight is pure tank'n'spank from that point. So killing Commander first actually shortens the time in which other ppl actually have to do sth to avoid damage.

First one which I dont like - kill the right one first, the left one then Commander. I dont know what ppl find good about this tactic. Basically two first targets are untauntable and are chasing targets pointed by commander so You have to kite them if tehy're after You until they die.

If you're attempting to kite a boss just because you have aggro, you're doing it wrong. You're just making it harder to heal you and reducing the damage the rest of the group can deal to the target you're taking on a merry romp through the battlefield. The entire reason that this kill order is used, which has been described several times over, is because of Heavy Pin. By killing the big guy first, you reduce the amount of time that someone stays channel-stunned. This gives you more total uptime, albeit at the cost of the sword boss getting to beat on whoever he so chooses. It's not as if any of the bosses except for the main boss really deals that much damage. The sword boss is killed before the main boss because he's got less hp than the main guy and one of them has to die to make the remainder follow a normal aggro table.

The basic difference between the two strats is predicated upon a difference in how the various mechanics are valued: the right-left-middle strat considers the stun to be the more dangerous mechanic; the middle-right-left strat considers the lack of an aggro table on the other 2 bosses to be the more dangerous mechanic. Neither is more "correct" than the other, since, as has been evidenced time and time again, both strats have been demonstrated to be effective in roughly equal measure. The more important factor is that the group agree upon a specific kill order rather than having DPS split, prolonging both mechanics to the general dismay of the group.

As a healer. I wait for adds and then drop flyby in the middle of the group. Other than that I stand around and watch and toss a heal out once in awhile.

As DPS, I do it in whatever order the Tank tells me to do it in. Target, Fire, Saber. :p

Edited by mikebevo

Usually I am in a group that goes after the fat one on the right first ( the one who pins), then the one on the left, then the commander. That always seems to work.

The other night a lot of weirdness happened where the fatty would pin me (the DPS) and before I knew it the entire mob aggroed on me and I died instantly. I think the healer died first which is always a bad thing. I can't remember if the tank had survived to that point.

well these days with current gear and augments on every slot everything works ... you can even split the dps and kill them all at the same time ... but that's not the point. The most efficient way is to kill the mid one asap and have your tank actually tank the other two making the fight a simple and efficient tank and spank.

What i find strange about KUS though is how many ridiculously complicated tacts people tend to use on the turret "boss", where personally i find it so much more simple to do it the way it was designed to be done - just stand there and kill stuff :)