Why I cant do Ops

Duran'del here:

Today, I tried doing a PuG SnV run so I could hear up. I had a few guildies(Most of them prefer to do scheduled ops) and we headed in. However, on Dash'roode, The person with the shield didnt move, so we wiped. Several playrrs started complaining that "It was too hard" and "Its too complicated." One even complained that "we were doing zero damage to it". Players started quitting. I eventually left because it was going to be too hard to find more people and gave up.

Ilways have bad luck raiding. I probably should just give up doing it and deal with having campaign- and entry-level-gear forever.

wait, were you leading the Ops group? if so, was it 8 or 16 man? Also, if you were the Ops Leader, it would have been your responsability to ask your members if they knew the encounter and to give specific roles to experienced players such as the one on shield duty during Dash'Roode.

However, i will say this : it was a PuG run, scenarios like the one you described are often encountered by players.

This is why some players who lead ops groups are often " gear-nazis " - they want to make sure every ops member knows what to do so that the group as a whole can have a good time. I for one support this way of thinking. And this is where Guilds come in : for players who have less experience, guild runs are the best way to learn how to " run " Operations.

Tl:dR - **** happens, don't despair,be happy:D

wait, were you leading the Ops group? if so, was it 8 or 16 man? Also, if you were the Ops Leader, it would have been your responsability to ask your members if they knew the encounter and to give specific roles to experienced players such as the one on shield duty during Dash'Roode.

However, i will say this : it was a PuG run, scenarios like the one you described are often encountered by players.

This is why some players who lead ops groups are often " gear-nazis " - they want to make sure every ops member knows what to do so that the group as a whole can have a good time. I for one support this way of thinking. And this is where Guilds come in : for players who have less experience, guild runs are the best way to learn how to " run " Operations.

Tl:dR - **** happens, don't despair,be happy:D

I was ops leader. 8-man PuG run. I had a guild mate who did the op before, and I thought he'd explain it.

My guild does scheduled runs and people have to sign up. I can't access it, so that's out of the question :(

As I said before, I should just stop doing ops because I can't ever do them. The main reason I want to do them is to not feel useless to the guild. I am thinking of quitting it(I always think about leaving a child when I'm depressed), but my older brother(this is his account) is in it.

lol well if it is your borther's account, you might want to talk to him about it first :p

concerning how your guild operates. I don't know how many members it has but why not throw the idea of a second ops group? The same thing happened to my guild : people wanted to raid and after a guild meeting we finaly created a second ops group, completely independant from the first one that has it own progression.

lol well if it is your borther's account, you might want to talk to him about it first :p

concerning how your guild operates. I don't know how many members it has but why not throw the idea of a second ops group? The same thing happened to my guild : people wanted to raid and after a guild meeting we finaly created a second ops group, completely independant from the first one that has it own progression.

We share the account :p

I think the guild already has raiding groups: 3 of them, actually.

I have a tendency to miss meetings so I might bring that up in guild chat.

We share the account :p

I think the guild already has raiding groups: 3 of them, actually.

I have a tendency to miss meetings so I might bring that up in guild chat.

If you don't mind me asking, why do you share the account? I mean you could get your own and go preferred with unlocks. Wouldn't that be easier?

If you don't mind me asking, why do you share the account? I mean you could get your own and go preferred with unlocks. Wouldn't that be easier?

Its more of a matter of convience. I do have a second account(Prefered w/ unlocks). If we have one account, it takes less time to log in compared to switching accounts. I'm also quite used to sharing stuff with him(Xbox, Computer, etc.). It doesn't bother me, really.

Edited by TheSupaCoopa

Its more of a matter of convience. I do have a second account(Prefered w/ unlocks). If we have one account, it takes less time to log in compared to switching accounts. I'm also quite used to sharing stuff with him(Xbox, Computer, etc.). It doesn't bother me, really.

No worries. My brother and I share my psn account so I understand.

Well, sounds like it comes down to the fact that you were in a pug group and didn't take the time to make sure everyone knew the fight. Part of your responsibility as the Ops leader. Pug groups will get frustrated easily, and often times it's worth a brief explanation of the fight even if no one speaks up when you ask if everyone knows the mechanics. Even when you ask, and you give an overview it never fails to amaze that you wipe and get an "Oh, I didn't see that part of the explanation," or a "yeah, I just forgot about that." Live, learn, and do it to it.

Well, sounds like it comes down to the fact that you were in a pug group and didn't take the time to make sure everyone knew the fight. Part of your responsibility as the Ops leader. Pug groups will get frustrated easily, and often times it's worth a brief explanation of the fight even if no one speaks up when you ask if everyone knows the mechanics. Even when you ask, and you give an overview it never fails to amaze that you wipe and get an "Oh, I didn't see that part of the explanation," or a "yeah, I just forgot about that." Live, learn, and do it to it.

One of my guild mates knew the fight, and I thought he'd explain it. He offered to do it in TS, but no one had it.

One of my guild mates knew the fight, and I thought he'd explain it. He offered to do it in TS, but no one had it.

Indeed, but you're the raid leader so it falls to you. Whoever is running the raid either makes the explanations or says, "One sec guys, So and So is going to cover the fight quickly". Not coming down on you, just saying that as the leader you have to take charge and make sure that every knows what's up. You see now how much more important it is in a pug run; guildmates will generally stick it out through wipes, pugs do not have the same consistency =p

Definitely if you are the raid leader it falls on you. If you're buddy offered to explain in ts and noone didn't come on ts that doesn't mean you don't try to explain through text. I know it can be a hassle, but if you want a run to succeed it needs to be explained. Personally I am shocked that noone offered to explain. Usually you get a few experienced players that jump in to help when things aren't going well. Good luck with your future endeavors though!

8 men pug tend to fail compared to 16 men due to ppl annoyed by wipes for mere elite comms..and it's more important to stick to duties and roles..in 16 men pugs you can have like 10 ppl acting like headless chickens and still having the job done

I find fights like the last boss in DP to be much harder with 16 players. Too many people can derp kill themselves.

Not sure about your server, but there are constant 16m weekly pugs (and some full clears too) running for TFB and S&V in particular where even the derpiest can get carried through. If you're dps or heals especially, and want to experience the ops I recommend jumping in someone elses' group. Learn the fights, get some boss achievements, and then you'll be better prepared to run your own ops.

Not sure about your server, but there are constant 16m weekly pugs (and some full clears too) running for TFB and S&V in particular where even the derpiest can get carried through. If you're dps or heals especially, and want to experience the ops I recommend jumping in someone elses' group. Learn the fights, get some boss achievements, and then you'll be better prepared to run your own ops.

I'm on Begeren Colony.

Duran'del here:

I tries to do TC and Xeno SM(16-man). I got both done, but out of the 4 Arkanian Pieces that dropped ( Chest, Boots, Pants, and Chest), I only got the legs. I had politely asked that if any ark pieces, minus helmet, dropped, that I could have them. No one replied(In fact, I probably was ignored) and I walked out of both ops with only one piece of loot.

I don't ever want to raid again. I can't understand why BW didn't make it so an ark kit dropped for each group member(but it wouldn't be the same type of piece). Quite frankly, its semotivating and depressing to people to head into an op and walk out with no gear, just wasted time.

Are you being serious? You don't get any loot so you think raiding is pointless? Boo hoo. Run a TFB or an SnV 16m SM and need on what you actually need. Chances are that if you are running with a semi-decent group of players from a Pug run that no one will honest to god need Arkanian Gear. BASIC commendations give 69s. You shouldn't even be bothering to progress into 69s in the first place. Throw yourself in whatever you can get and use your elite commendations from the Ops you do run to pick up a set of 72s.

Your own failure to run groups isn't anyone's fault but your own. And if your server can't form pugs to run SM content, you might be on the wrong server.

Duran'del here:

I tries to do TC and Xeno SM(16-man). I got both done, but out of the 4 Arkanian Pieces that dropped ( Chest, Boots, Pants, and Chest), I only got the legs. I had politely asked that if any ark pieces, minus helmet, dropped, that I could have them. No one replied(In fact, I probably was ignored) and I walked out of both ops with only one piece of loot.

You were very lucky to get anything in a 16 man Xeno run! And a common rule you'll see in ops for gear is a maximum of one set piece (Arkanian etc) per person for the entire operation, and that's only if you win the roll on one. A pug group certainly doesn't care if you want the gear, other people want to win the roll too and they probably need the pieces as much as you do.

If we could all walk out of an operation with a full set of gear, there wouldn't be any point in us doing that content again, would there? Gearing up is a process, run lots of ops, earn lots of comms and you'll get there. But remember that nobody owes you anything, and everyone else in the ops group is just as important as you are.

Are you being serious? You don't get any loot so you think raiding is pointless? Boo hoo. Run a TFB or an SnV 16m SM and need on what you actually need. Chances are that if you are running with a semi-decent group of players from a Pug run that no one will honest to god need Arkanian Gear. BASIC commendations give 69s. You shouldn't even be bothering to progress into 69s in the first place. Throw yourself in whatever you can get and use your elite commendations from the Ops you do run to pick up a set of 72s.

Your own failure to run groups isn't anyone's fault but your own. And if your server can't form pugs to run SM content, you might be on the wrong server.

That was kinda rude. I did need on all of the Ark drops. I also do have 4 pieces of verpine gear, an Ark implant(Vigilant HM farming FTW), and campaign implants(Will upgrade these).

Its not that I can't form SM PuGs(I said I did Xeno and TC), Its just I can't handle to the responsibility(Or maybe its a humility thing) of being a leader. I don't want to be one of those over geared turds you'd find in the group finder, but I do 55 HMs. I wanted ark gear because its got the set bonus(A boon for commando healers), and I'm not sure 61s are good enough for 55 SM ops.

You were very lucky to get anything in a 16 man Xeno run! And a common rule you'll see in ops for gear is a maximum of one set piece (Arkanian etc) per person for the entire operation, and that's only if you win the roll on one. A pug group certainly doesn't care if you want the gear, other people want to win the roll too and they probably need the pieces as much as you do.

If we could all walk out of an operation with a full set of gear, there wouldn't be any point in us doing that content again, would there? Gearing up is a process, run lots of ops, earn lots of comms and you'll get there. But remember that nobody owes you anything, and everyone else in the ops group is just as important as you are.

Actually, I didn't get anything from the Xeno run(Except some comms and 6 helixes).

This has basically become a thread for you to whine OP. I'm going to make this simple:

If you want to run raids, know the fights and explain them. Understand what basic loot rules are. I get the feeling that you'd set it to master looter and take every item that dropped if you could. As mentioned above, that is not how a raid works. It's progression, you get your gear over time.

Your posts come across as complaining over nothing, or worse still complaining over long-standing basic tenets of the game and raiding. Read more, complain less; you'll have a lot more fun. I'm not trying to be harsh here, but you really need to open your eyes to how you're handling things in these Ops you've been getting into and trying to run.