New seeker droid setup!

morfius

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forgive me folks, but where can I read about these changes?

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

Game Update 2.2.3 Patch Notes

7/23/2013

Macrobinoculars and Seeker Droid

• When a buried treasure is found with the Seeker Droid, there is now a higher chance to find deployment boosts, reputation trophies, secure crates, or speeder parts.
  • The Seeker Droid no longer has a random chance to dig up items when the player is not near a buried treasure.
  • Junk items dug up by the Seeker Droid are now level 10 or below.
  • Gear can no longer be dug up by the Seeker Droid, with the exception of Dreadseed and Star Forager armor.
  • Special buried treasure (one per Seeker Droid digsite) now has a greater chance of being a rare speeder part.

It's REALLY stupid and it's not like the seeker droid was fun to begin with. The best I got in 50 or so digs was two gray items. And the funny thing about finds, regardless of how crappy they are, they now reset the indicator.

Pre-patch we were atleast able to make a few credits on al the useless digs. It's also discouraging to more or less never get a green dig. No one will keep probing when only 2 % of all digs are green.

Edited by MidichIorian

It's REALLY stupid and it's not like the seeker droid was fun to begin with..

Some people thought the seeker droid was almost fun, and BioWare doesn't want that...

I doubt we'll ever hear from them about this. And they'll never change it back...do they care? Probably not

I really wish someone from Bioware would explain their rationale on adding the level 10 grey items as 'treasure' because it really just seems like they are giving us the middle finger with those. It's like leaving a two cent tip at a restaurant. It's worse than nothing.

Evidently it is too much trouble to give us a 1 paragraph post explaining things. Bioware has acted like amateurs since this game launched. I dont know if management has been driving the poor customer service or what. This is the worst kind of social engineering. It will only drive people from the game.

I kind of see both sides of this. Getting rid of the mods and gear should help crafters and keep inventories somewhat manageable during a dig (as well as help fight credit inflation), but there is no way a lvl 10 gray should deplete a dig site--purples only.

They increased the chances of the big drops and eliminated the junk (which people complained about filling inventory) and this is bad?

I'm loving the changes, I had given gave up previously. In 2 hours of searching I found 2 speeder parts, 2 crafting crates, 1 piece of armor and maybe 1-2 pieces of junk...perfect. You even need a modicum of skill to find the treasure now. Well done Bioware.

Yeah, and my wife thought archaeology was boring in WoW -this was boring and they made it worse lol

I used to hate it back when I played the game, but the seeker droids actually make me yearn for it...

Also, posted in the bug reports section here, but I guess everything is working as intended.

I can't believe it. I finally finished my seeker droid heroic and started digging just a few days ago and did enjoy it in a way and now the fun is already over again. I liked all the mods I got because I could use them for my companions. I haven't found anything really special yet, but several times a couple of basic comms which I could use as well to get gear.

And now, as of today, I can make 10 credits selling my extraordinairy grey treasure. Why, oh why?

Seems like my sentiment. I got into seeker droid hunting ONE WEEK. It was a lot of fun, and now they ruined it already? DAMMIT.

"They don't want you to do it'" seems like only explanation. Apparently people were earning money from digging for hours, and that can't be, only source of money should be dalies and/or fp/ops/wz. Same thing happened to space missions, after nerfig it's rewards to oblivion they removed any reason to do them outside achievements/specific gear for fleet comms.

You still may do those things for specific rewards(speeder parts, legacy shells, space comms), but don't count on any rewards you used to get. And for seeker droid it means no rewards at all unless you actually manage to find something.

Yeah, they did nerf space missions too much. And now they want to nerf another pasttime. Why they spend so much time adding these things and then just mindlessly kill them in a single patch baffles me.

Yes, I found 5 speeder parts (of which one double), but no, I doubt I will complete any of the speeders since I wont dig anymore till I see the change reverted. What's bad with digging up some thrash and making some money, that's what HUNTING is about no? Now just no fun. Yup, a lot finds are 5 credit thrash. Yes, often you get close, then suddenly get 3 red negatives before they find it. Heck, the 'creature' is the best find since it actually GIVES you something.

If this was just to please artifice-crafters (although the one in my guild is pissed since he doesn't know where to get green 28 to RE now), remove THOSE items and replace them with the new. Just... not murder the entire seeker droid finding like this.

It was fun before, now it's not. No amount of speeder parts changes that. Most people will now just dig up the speeder, and move on. If that really is your intention, BioWare, I suppose you did right. But you ruined a perfectly good side-game in the process just to appease those people. Very dissapointed. VERY.

I am not very happy about this either... the sellable stuff actually made it worth to start digging "just because" and have some fun.

But the speeder-parts and the armor alone are not really enough incentive now. I LOVED having the seeker-droid return stuff I can use or sell, because it was something else to do without feeling like I just wasted the time because nothing intereted came from it anyway...

Please, Developers, look into this... the new setup is great if you are after the special stuff specifically, but if you just want to dig around for fun, the Seeker Droid is a non-entity now.

This new change totally killed it for me. I actually liked it, a I was making a few creds from selling stuff and getting alot of items for reverse engineering. The new setup, is so anoying as it makes you think that you are chasing ghosts and you get zero rewards! Oh well, I actually got 1 grey con item worth 10 creds, after 45 mins of frustrating digs.

After 2 hours of utterly frustrating digging attempts, I was ready to throw the PC through my window. Guess I'll have to take it out on the subscription page instead.....

I miss the old way, I enjoyed getting tons of grays i dont care people complained about it those grays the greens and blues was a fun way to keep busy while farming the armor and if you knew what you were doing you could make 100-200k a hour just for farming for armor now you cant do anything but get screwed out of creds

The change sort of killed the whole "you find Interesting Loot in clumps of other loot" as well, now just finding green pings is proving rather difficult. It definatly cuts down on the amount of loot by a huge amount, and yes, sticking it out for hours and selling all the junk did net you a fair amount of cash so that's probably why it's been gutted so badly.

But now, at least, I'm actually finding Speeder parts regularly instead of once every 5 depletion trips... worth it for me at least.

Seeker Droiding isn't really fun though if I'm honest, it's basically get your rewards then stop doing it... spend as long doing it as I have and finding trash Advanced 28's most of the time and you'd be sick of it too. At least the actually valuable stuff is easier now!

They increased the chances of the big drops and eliminated the junk (which people complained about filling inventory) and this is bad?

when you go through an entire blue level boost and the only thing you dig up is a zombie nerf there is something wrong. This was not just about speeder parts. they destroyed the system just to give you a few redundant speeder parts?

when you go through an entire blue level boost and the only thing you dig up is a zombie nerf there is something wrong. This was not just about speeder parts. they destroyed the system just to give you a few redundant speeder parts?

In their defence, Speeder Parts were obnoxiously random to find. I depleted hundreds of zones, completed multiple sets of armor and had more Advanced 28 Enhancements than should ever be found but had less than a dozen Speeder parts of any kind total, duplicates included. That kind of random rarity was ridiculous.

Just searching today I've already found essentially half-dozen to 8 Speeder Parts already, with a way larger frequency than ever before. As someone who completed their Dreadseed set long ago when it still depeleted the zone the Speeder Parts were the only thing of value left and were stupidly random to actually find them, so that change at least is good: no-one should have to spend as much time digging as I wasted.

Though changing it so green pings are so hard to find, and finding someone AT ALL gives red text? Really makes it more aggravating and if you can't find the right spot/s you're just pinging over empty circles for hours...

Edited by Transairion

I miss the old way, I enjoyed getting tons of grays i dont care people complained about it those grays the greens and blues was a fun way to keep busy while farming the armor and if you knew what you were doing you could make 100-200k a hour just for farming for armor now you cant do anything but get screwed out of creds

this is just how i feel. the greys, green/blue items, and enhancements/hilts were vendor fodder that made it worth it while i looked for dreadseed gear.

The mods/armoring I RE...so all those items were slimmed down to 2 slots. So it didnt take up room.

and if i got to full....send companion away for 5 sec to sell greys, repair droid to vendor, mail droid the mats to my crafters. and i continued to dig.

didnt care for the crates or speeder parts much. just sold those too..

they wont fix this though...look how long space missions have been neglected.:mad:

Kinda glad I put off ever getting started with this. Now it seems it's a complete waste of time.

The obvious problem with the way it was working is that it seems eminently bottable, and therefore an ideal vehicle for gold farmers to exploit 24/7 to farm credits in-game. Too bad that instead of fixing that problem they just decided to wreck a new mechanic they just got done spending tons of resources building and hyping.

Sadly, as has been said above, it's also obvious that they will not fix this any time soon. Like so many other things, it will just lay there broken on the floor, one more bypassed and ignored part of the game that could have been great.

Just another example of the incredible, repeated wasting of resources that the management team on this game continues to cause, and their complete inability to learn from their mistakes (or anyone else's).

Edited by Heezdedjim