Will the players be able to park their ships on the strongholds?

Kantaso

I want holographic TVs on my bathroomssss. (when you have 3 female companions you will understand the need for more than one bathroom on your ship)

I figured you'd be the type to put either a holodancer or a real dancer in there. :p

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I figured you'd be the type to put either a holodancer or a real dancer in there. :p

I already have a dancer, she would pour sith acid on the meta-fold of my drive engine if she caught me watching any other dancer.... :D

Tv only to watch the Huttball tournament.

Of course not. that would have made sense. And making sense is something that is alien in this game.

And yet you say....

On top of that, it is also totally unbelievable to have a space ship there... since that is parked in the hangar up in the orbital station/spaceport so how could it possibly be parked outside on the pad of your stronghold...

So on the one hand you say it would be "unbelievable" to have space ship that otherwise parks in orbit hanging on the deck outside your condo, and then you say it "would have made sense. And making sense is something that is alien in this game."

Seems to me they are making complete sense while you are contradicting yourself.

Edited by MSchuyler

I want to highlight this post as everything DarthDymond said is correct. One quick clarification is that the option to travel directly to your ship is a subscriber only perk. Thanks!

-eric

Can we travel directly to our stronghold from our ship, though? How do we get home???

I want to highlight this post as everything DarthDymond said is correct. One quick clarification is that the option to travel directly to your ship is a subscriber only perk. Thanks!

-eric

As a subscriber, I feel that the nickle and diming there is unnecessary considering someone will be spending cartel coins on so much other stuff for the strong hold. It's amazing that it's seen as a great business model to nickle and dime that much in this game. I get that profitablity is key in every spot an "unlock" is added, but this game is the worst example of nickle and diming in the F2P market.

Can we travel directly to our stronghold from our ship, though? How do we get home???

You can insta-travel to your Stronghold from anywhere, it's an option just like queueing for a Flashpoint or Warzone (without a queue wait obviously).

One of the travel options when you leave your SH will be to travel back to wherever you left from (again like when you exit a FP/WZ).

• Dev Post
Oh, I think... I am going to faint.... a dev post on one of my topics.......:eek: :eek: :eek::D

Don't faint Kantaso, we're all friends here :rak_03:

You can insta-travel to your Stronghold from anywhere, it's an option just like queueing for a Flashpoint or Warzone (without a queue wait obviously).

One of the travel options when you leave your SH will be to travel back to wherever you left from (again like when you exit a FP/WZ).

This ^. Dymond has this thread on lockdown, like a bawss.

-eric

As a subscriber, I feel that the nickle and diming there is unnecessary considering someone will be spending cartel coins on so much other stuff for the strong hold.
There's an old saying goes "they won't buy the cow if they get the milk for free."

Their goal is not to let people play the game for free.

The goal is to get people to subscribe to the game.

You do that by making the subscription option the more attractive option.

It's easy to cry 'nickel and diming' when you're not the one fiscally responsible for the business.

There's an old saying goes "they won't buy the cow if they get the milk for free."

Their goal is not to let people play the game for free.

The goal is to get people to subscribe to the game.

You do that by making the subscription option the more attractive option.

It's easy to cry 'nickel and diming' when you're not the one fiscally responsible for the business.

So you really think this is the way to make the subscription option so attractive? People will have to pay cartel coins to unlock many other aspects of the stronghold. That micro-unlock model is more frustrating than attractive and has been slammed so many times since the inception of Free To Play in SWTOR. Considering the population decline, they should definitely revisit the nickle and diming. I am a subscriber and get all these "perks" but find it disconcerning that Free To Play have that many restrictions.

Edited by undiess

So you really think this is the way to make the subscription option so attractive? People will have to pay cartel coins to unlock many other aspects of the stronghold. That micro-unlock model is more frustrating than attractive and has been slammed so many times since the inception of Free To Play in SWTOR. Considering the population decline, they should definitely revisit the nickle and diming. I am a subscriber and get all these "perks" but find it disconcerning that Free To Play have that many restrictions.

It's a time saver/convenience feature...this is EXACTLY the type of thing that should be for subs.

Exactly what will people HAVE to pay cartel coins to unlock when it comes to the strongholds?

Also, you need to look up what nickel and diming actually means.

As a subscriber, I feel that the nickle and diming there is unnecessary considering someone will be spending cartel coins on so much other stuff for the strong hold. It's amazing that it's seen as a great business model to nickle and dime that much in this game. I get that profitablity is key in every spot an "unlock" is added, but this game is the worst example of nickle and diming in the F2P market.

Hardly. There are some odd choices for monetization but you clearly have NO idea how ridiculously monetized some other MMOs are, particularly Korean MMOs. Many other MMOs in the F2P market will blatantly sell power because they can.

There is a full RPG, with 8 stories, for ZERO cost, that can be played in SWTOR. Bioware has chosen to put cost on some of the convenience and QoL options. But as the worst example? Not really. Its not even close. You can't even qualify that statement. I admit I cannot pull out screen shots from some of the more monetized F2P MMOs, so I am going to have to ask you to take my word for it.

Edited by Arkerus

Exactly what will people HAVE to pay cartel coins to unlock when it comes to the strongholds?

Also, you need to look up what nickel and diming actually means.

"to expose to financial hardship by the accumulation of small expenses." -thefreedictionary.com

"the undesired price of upkeep for a certain item" -urbandictionary.com

"to treat (as a person or situation) by paying excessive attention to small amounts of money often with a detrimental effect" - merriam-webster.com

I don't think that anyone could fairly say that this is the worst game when it comes to monetization. I would, however, perhaps contend that it seems many folks that would be among the potential players for this game see this as one of the worst in the current US MMO market.

Or, more accurately, probably one of the most draconian when it comes to a few of the restrictions. Very general and speculative, naturally.

"to expose to financial hardship by the accumulation of small expenses." -thefreedictionary.com

"the undesired price of upkeep for a certain item" -urbandictionary.com

"to treat (as a person or situation) by paying excessive attention to small amounts of money often with a detrimental effect" - merriam-webster.com

And those apply to SW:TOR how exactly?

Are we being exposed to financial hardship by the accumulation of small expenses from the game?

Is there an undesired price of upkeep on certain items in the game?

Are they treating us by paying excessive attention to small amounts of money with a detrimental effect?

And I'm talking real money here, not in-game credits.

As far as I know, there is nothing that you HAVE to buy from the cartel market.

There's fancy stuff there for sure, but it can all be bought through the GTN as well for in-game credits.

I think the nearest you could come to claiming to be nickel and dimed is the monthly sub fee.

But have fun trying to push that line on the forum...

Oh and you avoided my question, so I'll post it again:

Edited by OddballEasyEight