Is Bloodthirst/Inspiration required for successful raiding?

Erm to be blunt, NO.

If you want to have the bloodthirst buff then take the class that provides that buff or do without it.

And if there's any chance of other classes getting bloodthirst, I'll want several things in return and I do mean several.

Maybe just keep dumbing down classes until we can roll everything with just bounty hunters.

Rating choice for thread and idea. 1 terrible.

This buff is literally the only reason to bring the class to a raid. While you are attempting to offer solutions to make groups more diverse I fear that in doing so you will actually limit the viability of this class, making groups more streamlined.

If you give bloodthirst to a sniper, for example, groups would be encouraged to double up on snipers and forgo marauders completely. Melee dps is naturally handicapped by splash damage mechanics; they need something to make them PvE viable.

Marauders are a top DPS class...

No, it's not required, it's a nice little boost on some burn phases but nothing that makes or breaks an encounter. I can see how having Marauders as your melees currently stacking them in one grp would be better overall then any other meleeclass though and agree with OP that it should put a debuff similar to combatrez on affected targets and possibly even given to another class (would also vote for Agents AC.)

For some people talking about general classbuffs; Since Legacy came out this srsly isn't an issue anymore. In my raid there is exactly 1 person that buffs and then we have all the buffs you could possibly have. I'm also quite happy about that change, we searched forever and ever for a good agent for the 5% crit buff before 1.2.

• 2 months later...
This buff is literally the only reason to bring the class to a raid. While you are attempting to offer solutions to make groups more diverse I fear that in doing so you will actually limit the viability of this class, making groups more streamlined.

If you give bloodthirst to a sniper, for example, groups would be encouraged to double up on snipers and forgo marauders completely. Melee dps is naturally handicapped by splash damage mechanics; they need something to make them PvE viable.

With all do respect, this is the dumbest thing I've ever heard about this class.

Firstly, this class is argueable the highest dps of all classes, and with there massive DoTs, they continuously do a large amount of damage even while running around.

Second, I've seen even undergeared sentinals out dps more geared classes.

Third, They leap to quickly renter combat, and with there defensive abilities, they can sustain alot more damage then everyone but offtanks. Time and time again i've watched them tank enranged bosses with CD's for almost 10 seconds. No other class can do that. Smart ones will spec to take less damage and faster interupts also.

Lastly, they heal themselves for a massive amount of life. Which negates many of the AoE boss abilities. They can quickly heal themselves back up to full.

They are probably the most overpowered class, between all the defensive CD's on short timers, healing, High DoT damage, and a raid wide buff. What more can you ask for. And i've watched ours have no issues dpsing Zorn in HM denova. Which everyone knows, groups hate melee for that fight.

With all do respect, this is the dumbest thing I've ever heard about this class.

Firstly, this class is argueable the highest dps of all classes, and with there massive DoTs, they continuously do a large amount of damage even while running around.

Second, I've seen even undergeared sentinals out dps more geared classes.

Third, They leap to quickly renter combat, and with there defensive abilities, they can sustain alot more damage then everyone but offtanks. Time and time again i've watched them tank enranged bosses with CD's for almost 10 seconds. No other class can do that. Smart ones will spec to take less damage and faster interupts also.

Lastly, they heal themselves for a massive amount of life. Which negates many of the AoE boss abilities. They can quickly heal themselves back up to full.

They are probably the most overpowered class, between all the defensive CD's on short timers, healing, High DoT damage, and a raid wide buff. What more can you ask for. And i've watched ours have no issues dpsing Zorn in HM denova. Which everyone knows, groups hate melee for that fight.

Not gona argue that they arent OP but I will disagree with your statement that an lesser geared marauder can out DPS an experienced sniper or mercenary with a proper stat spread and skill rotation. and for that matter there is a sorcerer in our guild right now who occasonally out DPSes our most geared marauder who is in full campaign gear.

they are certainly not required to clear operations content. My guild has downed Kephess on HM twice now without any marauders. However they definitely make life MUCH easier with bloodthirst for DPS bursts and predation on the minefield boss and when kephess yanks everyone into his purple circle.

and yes this was a massive necropost :p

15% damage boost for 15 seconds every 5 minutes = 0.75% dps boost. Not really that significant for overall dps. For burn phases, generally there is more than 1, so you still can't rely on bloodthirst to get you through it. Nice to have, but not really required. Edited by Somokon

We bring them to 16mans, but the 8man team we used to first beat EC HM didnt have a Marauder with us. Neither did our first 16man HM Toth and Zorn kill.

They're deifnitely very very useful. Great survivability from AOEs as well as their defensive cooldowns. Coupled with their raid-wide cooldowns, theyre great.

Still that doesn't make them necessary, just more useful than say an Operative dps :)

We definitely missed our Sentinel last night on HM Denova. We got to the tank bosses and kept wondering why we were coming up 5% short when we normally only hit enrage at the last 1% when only 1 tank is still alive. We had to work really hard to squeeze out that extra DPS and it required a lot of RNG(lucky crits and procs). What a damned inconvenience. There needs to be more raid wide effects for other classes, period. I know they aren't a DPS only classes, but assassins and shadows are where I would put it. They're already the least desired DPS class in raiding. Light armor, extremely squishy, mediocre DPS, no real group viability other than trash mezzing(which you can live without quite easily). A raid wide DPS or defense buff would go a long ways towards making them viable. Putting something on Gunslingers, maybe no 10% flat damage increase, but something like 50% raid armor pen, would be a good idea too.