Spoilers- IA story endings

Stncold

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't remember having any options to flirt with hunter at all on my female agent. I went full light side while I was playing her and got the ending to defect which is cool because after everything the empire did to her, I hope I can bring them down from the inside.

Most of the flirt options that I remember are during Act 3, and they were in pretty much every conversation I had with Hunter at that point. My agent was also full light side. They had a great love/ hate thing going. Oh how I wished I could've joined the conspirators, and flown off with Hunter instead of killing her. *QQs forever*

Wait, Hunter was a woman? Is that only in certan paths, or did I somehow miss a universal reveal?

I'm going to have to roll another IA.

Wow.

Yes, it's universal, so you must have missed it. It's revealed after you defeat Hunter, in that convo you have right before she dies. There might be a conversation option that skips the reveal, though? Perhaps the DS option misses it?

Wait, Hunter was a woman? Is that only in certan paths, or did I somehow miss a universal reveal?

I'm going to have to roll another IA.

Wow.

I agree, I want to start another one now!

I loved my story. I'm all independent and won my freedom, yet still loyal to the empire (hey, I'm Chiss!). I suppose that's the batman ending? Anyways, it would be neat to see what "it could have been".

I'm still in chapter 2. So far, I went full dark side. I joined Jadus and became his Hand, spared Watcher X and killed pretty much everyone else (including Chase). I intend to kill the rest of the SIS and whoever may cross me in the future.

The only question is what are the possible endings for me?

I understand that if I give the black codex to the sith, I become the leader of the Sith Intelligence, but what if I don't give them the black codex?

I'm still in chapter 2. So far, I went full dark side. I joined Jadus and became his Hand, spared Watcher X and killed pretty much everyone else (including Chase). I intend to kill the rest of the SIS and whoever may cross me in the future.

The only question is what are the possible endings for me?

I understand that if I give the black codex to the sith, I become the leader of the Sith Intelligence, but what if I don't give them the black codex?

Well then.. you won't become leader of SI. You can either destroy it and become rogue, keep it and become rogue, or give it to the Minister of Intelligence and have Imperial Intelligence resurrected.

Edited by DirtyStain

I absoluteley hate my ending.

How the hell do you get the "neutral" ending?

I'm really extremely disastisfied with my free agent ending. I dont want intelligence to be disolved, I want them to carry on being awesome without sith interference. Instead I'm forced to either be a puppet in the new sith intelligence, or not part of the empire, acting as a free agent.

I'm totally disapointed and disgusted with those two choices.

Edited by CanisAquilus

I absoluteley hate my ending.

How the hell do you get the "neutral" ending?

I'm really extremely disastisfied with my free agent ending. I dont want intelligence to be disolved, I want them to carry on being awesome without sith interference. Instead I'm forced to either be a puppet in the new sith intelligence, or not part of the empire, acting as a free agent.

I'm totally disapointed and disgusted with those two choices.

All you had to do is give the Minister the codex.

So....

I'm in chapter three but not far along yet, but I have to blow Hunter's head off once I get that far. If I just kill him/her before she reveals her 'secret' do we not find out that he is a she? I normally go light but I decided long ago that anyone using that accursed codeword was going to die so wasn't going to get into any more dialog with this puke than necessary.

You have options when you finally defeat Hunter where Hunter says something like, "I have something to tell you before I die." Option one is to hear what Hunter has to say thus revealing that Hunter is infact female. Option two is light side probably also reveals it, but I didn't choose it. Option three is shut up and die (which is what I choose) and you don't find out as the corpse is still the same.

My attitude was the same as yours, anyone that used the code word died, but I was playing a much more netural Sniper where I would only kill the military targets and let civillians go. So, got enough dark and light to stay at neutral overall, right now sitting at like 200 Light on the scale.

All you had to do is give the Minister the codex.

Unforunately not. When I give the minister the codex, he still says something about me going dark, and able to erase my own identity, and how that thats all he can offer me.

I have a choice between staying on with the new sith intelligence, or leaving. Both these choices are in my humble opinion, terrible. What was cool about intelligence was that the empire was more than just Sith politicking.

Now I'm forced to choose between more sith bullcrap, and being batman.

Edited by CanisAquilus

Actually, the ending that you flag as "Neutral- leaning Light Side", I just got exactly at Dark IV.

I went full Dark side except for two things: I defied/defeated Darth Jadus, and later I destroyed the codex to keep it away from the Sith. You get 50 Dark points and have to fight the two Sith. I kind of wish I'd kept the codex now, but I didn't think there'd be any other option that kept it out of Sith hands reliably.

Edited by Thug-Ra

Wont matter what you choose, Imperial Intelligence HQ will still stand in Kaas city, along with Imperial Intelligence officers everywhere and the fact that NPCs will still call you things like "agent", "officer" and "operative".

I practically told the entire Empire to go **** themselves, but still they treat me as one of theirs.

And you have to kill the only Sith who ever appeared as sane and intelligent, Darth Malgus. He understands the values of alien allies, so your racist *** have to KILL him???? Where are the options to join him in "the new Empire"?????

You have options when you finally defeat Hunter where Hunter says something like, "I have something to tell you before I die." Option one is to hear what Hunter has to say thus revealing that Hunter is infact female. Option two is light side probably also reveals it, but I didn't choose it. Option three is shut up and die (which is what I choose) and you don't find out as the corpse is still the same.

My attitude was the same as yours, anyone that used the code word died, but I was playing a much more netural Sniper where I would only kill the military targets and let civillians go. So, got enough dark and light to stay at neutral overall, right now sitting at like 200 Light on the scale.

Thanks for that information. Looks like I'll have to let some dialog play out before I exact my vengeance to get more background.

I reached the very last conversation at the end of the whole storyline last night and if a single word could sum up the emotions I'm going through now it would be "disappointment". Not because I don't like the story, on the contrary, but rather because the ending I'm now being offered goes against everything my Agent is, against the way I envisioned her when I rolled the character a few weeks ago. The main annoyance I have with the ending is I don't know why Minister of Intelligence is now telling her she will end up being a Batman because she pissed off the Sith - if anything she has served them and the Empire faithfully throughout the whole story! But apparently some invisible slider has arbitrarily decided she pissed the Sith off once or twice too often at some point of the storyline. When or where, or in which circumstances - I don't know.

And that's what is really making me genuinely upset: I don't know why now in order to "finish" the story my Agent has to become Batman which would go completely against her character. It just makes the whole ending so tremendously disappointing, especially since the only way I could try to change it would be, well, besides doing the last mission again which I will try later, to reroll the whole character and do the whole thing all over again just to get the ending that fits her best. And I'm actually considering it!

Maybe I'm just overreacting a bit, I don't know. Well yeah... meh. *grmbl*

Am I the only one who wishes I could've joined the conspirators, and flown off into the sunset with Hunter to squish the Sith and Jedi? lol.

I ended up with the LS ending as a free agent. I was full LS, so I think the only other option for me was to join up with the SIS (or to not give anything to the Minister). If I ever play another agent, I'm going to play it neutral and try for the blackmail ending. It would be nice to have the upper hand over the Council like that.

Nope. My character totally wanted to do that. She offered to several times, but kept being turned down. Le'sigh. In my mind, she is totally working on keeping the legacy alive and sees herself as doing precisely what her ex-foe wanted.

I absolutely loved my ending. I ended up destroying the black codex and not giving it to anyone. Intelligence is dissolved and the Minister of Intelligence mentioned something about him being hanged.

I hated how the Sith had control over me and the fact that the Minister didn't tell me about the brainwashing and approved it. So they all get what they deserve.

So now I'm a free agent. Ready to cleanse the galaxy of republic scum without any Sith strings attached!

There was an option to join the SIS? I went with the LS choices every time they were available. I'm 90% sure sparing Kothe was never an option (got locked in the room with turrets). After I heard about the SIS I wanted nothing less than to actually defect from the Empire and join them... This is seriously upsetting. TT

Edited by Leharic

There was an option to join the SIS? I went with the LS choices every time they were available. I'm 90% sure sparing Kothe was never an option (got locked in the room with turrets). After I heard about the SIS I wanted nothing less than to actually defect from the Empire and join them... This is seriously upsetting. TT

It's definitely an option. If you didn't get the option to spare him, it's because you told him to surrender rather than just letting him go.

After playing my Trooper and then my agent I kind of called that when one of the NPC's I saw was named Dorne. Not that he had much to do with anything but just figured you would have the option.

Just finished last night.

Got the 'batman' ending which is the only one I could stomach after all that happened to Kylania. The torture scene near the end of Corellia almost made me just log off and go play some Minecraft or Skyrim, but I ended up completing it. I really resent Keeper (Watcher 2) for forcing me to get tortured for the possibility it might help, she's been kind of a pain since I first met her with the 'alien' comment I'm a bit tired of as a female Chiss, but this took the cake. Luckily, there was no ill effects of the torture and she looks as great as ever, but wow was that disturbing! When Doc Lokin told me there was no permanent damage I was amazed considering. Good thing this an MMO I guess.:p

I erased my data with the black codex after lying to the dark council boneheads and heading back to the Tenebrous. I then went onto my ship, told the crew that we were free and then Keeper called before my ship flies off into the distance. I got a lot of affection there, even though Vector and Kaliyo were already maxxed out anyway.

I attacked Hunter, let her reveal she's a she then blew her head off. After all the suffering she put Kylania through, I'd have preferred a much nastier punishment, but at least I killed the last user of the brainwashing. When I told her that :"Being brainwashed and tortured isn't my idea of fun." Her reply that I enjoyed the whole thing would have earned those darkside points even if I hadn't already planned to destroy her a long time ago. I had to let Chance die for using the code word, and I enjoyed killing Ardun Kothe, who's awfully hypocritical for a jedi, he earned some DS points using that damn codeword for sure. I also liked how he sounded panicked when he read that dull mantra:"There is no death, there is the force." as the turrets burned him down. Trying to convince ourselves, are we?

I thought things were looking up on Voss. I as usual chose the lightside option at the healing wellspring, and the dialog for this event actually made me feel at peace since it heals our fractured mind and foreshadowed my desire to be free from all the string being pulled on me. Then we hit Corellia for that torture and it was back to the horrors of act II all over again. :mad:

Overall a great story, but I could have done without being so abused all the time. We get brainwashed, tortured (and that torture scene was disturbing due to the horrible bone crunching sounds and the screaming, I have no idea how we had nothing broken or missing after that), abused, and treated like a puppet. Overcoming all this adversity while still being in excellent mental and physical shape proves how powerful and resourceful we really are, but after watching my Warrior and Inquisitor friend's quests and endings, we have a far less banal story, but they get a lot less of this abuse.

Since we have so many endings though, I wonder how they reconcile some of them without some really incongruous retconning. Some not so much, but the others don't mesh well.

Edited by IronSalamander

I reached the very last conversation at the end of the whole storyline last night and if a single word could sum up the emotions I'm going through now it would be "disappointment". Not because I don't like the story, on the contrary, but rather because the ending I'm now being offered goes against everything my Agent is, against the way I envisioned her when I rolled the character a few weeks ago. The main annoyance I have with the ending is I don't know why Minister of Intelligence is now telling her she will end up being a Batman because she pissed off the Sith - if anything she has served them and the Empire faithfully throughout the whole story! But apparently some invisible slider has arbitrarily decided she pissed the Sith off once or twice too often at some point of the storyline. When or where, or in which circumstances - I don't know.

And that's what is really making me genuinely upset: I don't know why now in order to "finish" the story my Agent has to become Batman which would go completely against her character. It just makes the whole ending so tremendously disappointing, especially since the only way I could try to change it would be, well, besides doing the last mission again which I will try later, to reroll the whole character and do the whole thing all over again just to get the ending that fits her best. And I'm actually considering it!

I feel the EXACT same way. I'm going to try doing what a poster suggested earlier.

By destroying the codex, or choosing the lightside option and tricking the sith rather than killing them and keeping it for myself, to see if they give any way for me to stay on with intelligence.

If none of the options work I'm putting in a support ticket. **** rerolling.

Edited by CanisAquilus

My exact sentiments.

I dislike the Sith and really wanted to stick it to them, but I always saw myself as a loyal reformer as opposed to batman. It just doesn't make sense for me to work in the shadows as a rogue agent....for the empire of all factions.

Though to be fair I don't think I would be entirely happy with any of the endings, but I do echo the person who said there should have been an option to join the conspirators - I actually wholeheartedly sympathise with their cause.

I'm light side 5, and got the free agent ending. In my mind, this is the perfect ending - way back on Voss, when asked what I wanted, I said I wanted to be free. And now I am. Woot.

I'm actually amazed at how many endings there are. I thought there was just gonna be two - if you did or did not give the data to the sith.

For the most part this happened to me as well.

I think if you go light side, the decision point between endings 2 and 3 from the OP is what you say to Ardun Kothe. I gave him the Black Codex, and he asked me if I ever thought about joining the Republic. I answered that I was loyal to the Empire, and he mentioned how if the Republic starts using underhanded tactics, he and I were essentially in the same boat on opposite sides.

Back on Dromund Kaas, I lied about what happened to the codex, and the Minister said that Intelligence is still dissolved and he hopes to retire instead of being hanged. On my ship, Keeper's holocall made no mention of Sith Intelligence and asked what I'd be doing. I simply answered the standard, "Fixing things as they come along."

I do think that it's subjective to consider yourself either a free agent fixer, or Batman. I didn't feel like a vigilante, more like an honorably discharged specialist that will be called upon again.

Edited by Yodascooby

Well then.. you won't become leader of SI. You can either destroy it and become rogue, keep it and become rogue, or give it to the Minister of Intelligence and have Imperial Intelligence resurrected.

Wait a minute,

So you're saying there is an option to bring back the real Imperial Intelligence and not just the presumably puppet and inefficient Sith Intelligence? And you get it by handing the codex to the Minister as Jadus' Hand? I'm regretting going batman now...