My concealment Op is so Op its not even fun to play

HexDecimalUK

Have you ever had a buddy you 1v1'd in a game, any game and its just like you try and give them a chance as best as possible but really your just toying with them, Thats how my Op is now, in terms of tactics against any class itas more one sided than a madness sorc vs a VG jug that didnt take the overwhelm or unstoppable skills, and damage wise every target might as well not be wearing gear at all. Since the patch iv solo'd multiple players using vanish/sap and flash bangs on nodes/doors, iv walked away from marauders, powertechs, even lightning sorcs with full health and at first i was feeling like my hard work mastering the class while it was "unviable" was being rewarded and that i was simply skilled but it was long after i really warmed up on the class before i just walked away from fights thinking what is wrong with this picture, Iv gotten good at a class for nothing because its so easy a monkey could play it now and own ppl with the simplist PVE playstyle and next month its getting changed so much that my entire playstyle that i worked for so long on is totally invalid. TY EAware for dumbing down yet another good game to appease the lowest common denominator.

Before the Op took hard work to play but no more than any other class, i played it more often than most of my level 55s and never felt like i was at any disadvantage now i dare not even touch my other classes because i know exactly whats coming for me, ME! or so to speak.

Now im seeing how they are going to rebalance them and its like, whats the point? how will the Op stand out from any other melee? it had a perfect trade off between casuing resolve and burst damage you hit them hard but white barred them as quick so you had to be cunning and use the environment to your advantage, pick your situations, and now its just a rinse and repeat free kill rotation that is as satisfying as going to tatooine and solo ganking a lvl 20 clicker. And before you come at me with cure acid, this and trinket the second stun that, the acid does not clense most of the time and by the time you do get back on your feet your almost dead and all they need to do is re apply the acid with back stab, chiv, lacerate, overload shot GG they dont even need stealth to do that as the role procs evasion which sheds any root or dot and blocks incoming ranged and melee attacks but if you think you can handle that and apear to be doing so, they can always vanaish and hit you with that 9K hidden strike/lacerate.

Anyway my point is they were fine how they were and if your really feel they wernt then maybe an auto crit should just be worked into the previous build to give them some consistency.

Anyway that's my thoughts on the subject, just wanted to toss that in on the pile as one of the few Players running a DPS Op pre-patch

Have you ever had a buddy you 1v1'd in a game, any game and its just like you try and give them a chance as best as possible but really your just toying with them, Thats how my Op is now, in terms of tactics against any class itas more one sided than a madness sorc vs a VG jug that didnt take the overwhelm or unstoppable skills, and damage wise every target might as well not be wearing gear at all. Since the patch iv solo'd multiple players using vanish/sap and flash bangs on nodes/doors, iv walked away from marauders, powertechs, even lightning sorcs with full health and at first i was feeling like my hard work mastering the class while it was "unviable" was being rewarded and that i was simply skilled but it was long after i really warmed up on the class before i just walked away from fights thinking what is wrong with this picture, Iv gotten good at a class for nothing because its so easy a monkey could play it now and own ppl with the simplist PVE playstyle and next month its getting changed so much that my entire playstyle that i worked for so long on is totally invalid. TY EAware for dumbing down yet another good game to appease the lowest common denominator.

Before the Op took hard work to play but no more than any other class, i played it more often than most of my level 55s and never felt like i was at any disadvantage now i dare not even touch my other classes because i know exactly whats coming for me, ME! or so to speak.

Now im seeing how they are going to rebalance them and its like, whats the point? how will the Op stand out from any other melee? it had a perfect trade off between casuing resolve and burst damage you hit them hard but white barred them as quick so you had to be cunning and use the environment to your advantage, pick your situations, and now its just a rinse and repeat free kill rotation that is as satisfying as going to tatooine and solo ganking a lvl 20 clicker. And before you come at me with cure acid, this and trinket the second stun that, the acid does not clense most of the time and by the time you do get back on your feet your almost dead and all they need to do is re apply the acid with back stab, chiv, lacerate, overload shot GG they dont even need stealth to do that as the role procs evasion which sheds any root or dot and blocks incoming ranged and melee attacks but if you think you can handle that and apear to be doing so, they can always vanaish and hit you with that 9K hidden strike/lacerate.

Anyway my point is they were fine how they were and if your really feel they wernt then maybe an auto crit should just be worked into the previous build to give them some consistency.

Anyway that's my thoughts on the subject, just wanted to toss that in on the pile as one of the few Players running a DPS Op pre-patch

I have had no trouble dealing with Scrappers before and after the patch if you knew how to handle them

They have always been an easy kill.

I disagree with you completely. Nothing has really changed for us Operatives with 2.6 and it looks like it will be worse in 2.7.

If you are a good player and know what you are doing, an operative is an easy kill assuming you have full health. You survive the initial burst and react.

If I catch you with no CD and low HP, you are dead. If your in PVE gear, your dead. Same as it was pre 2.6. Now your dead 1 shiv sooner.

If you noticed, all the QQ threads about Operatives have gone to the wayside after 2 weeks because everyone knows they overacted. And now with Hidden Strike knockdown being removed next patch, its one and only ICONIC move since launch is gone.

Tell me how our fellow Assassin class gets to keep its knockdown and have more survivability. The gap widens between the 2 stealth classes.

No way is concealment operative OP.

I have had no trouble dealing with Scrappers before and after the patch if you knew how to handle them

They have always been an easy kill.

And how DO you handle being stunned for half you health twice? i hear alot of people talking that they can deal with opsbut im yet to see and thats from the side holding the vibroknife. so please tell me what it is that everyone else iv 2-shanked isn't doing :rolleyes:.

I look at this way, do i walk away from marauders with 100% health on any other of my equally geared classes?

Edited by HexDecimalUK

And how DO you handle being stunned for half you health twice? i hear alot of people talking that they can deal with opsbut im yet to see and thats from the side holding the vibroknife. so please tell me what it is that everyone else iv 2-shanked isn't doing :rolleyes:.

I look at this way, do i walk away from marauders with 100% health on any other of my equally geared classes?

I kind of sit there and take it while the guy next to me crushes you into a sticky paste. You know, because you're a less lethal deception assassin that dies twice as fast.

Don't worry about those 8 vs. 8s and 4 vs. 4s. One day we will realize our dream of a 1 vs. 1 queue and concealment won't be rubbish anymore.

I kind of sit there and take it while the guy next to me crushes you into a sticky paste. You know, because you're a less lethal deception assassin that dies twice as fast.

Don't worry about those 8 vs. 8s and 4 vs. 4s. One day we will realize our dream of a 1 vs. 1 queue and concealment won't be rubbish anymore.

are you srsly telling me im the only one sapping your buddy before hitting you and flash banging him the second he breaks it? im sure the other 99% will catch on soon enough.

And btw, deception? rly? you mean to say the class that has to perform 3 global cool downs that dont even do damge (spike/voltaic slash twice) and then has to leave combat before he can repeat the shock/discharge that hit for what? 6K each? that class with the massive glowstick that anyone can see a mile away that has no unroot or defense against ranged attacks such as snipe/unload ect? that wears lighter armour actually. i suppose they could low slash, crushing darkness, maul, wrecklessness, discharge, shock, discharge but pulling that combo off is easiuer said than done in the middle of an 8vs8 respect to those who can!

Edited by HexDecimalUK

are you srsly telling me im the only one sapping your buddy before hitting you and flash banging him the second he breaks it? im sure the other 99% will catch on soon enough.

And btw, deception? rly? you mean to say the class that has to perform 3 global cool downs that dont even do damge (spike/voltaic slash twice) and then has to leave combat before he can repeat the shock/discharge that hit for what? 6K each? that class with the massive glowstick that anyone can see a mile away that has no unroot or defense against ranged attacks such as snipe/unload ect? that wears lighter armour actually. i suppose they could low slash, crushing darkness, maul, wrecklessness, discharge, shock, discharge but pulling that combo off is easiuer said than done in the middle of an 8vs8 respect to those who can!

No one is going to waste stun break on debilitate in serious PVP, man. All of your strategies here only work against PVE players in unranked who are only playing to get the daily.

Yes, deception, really. That class that can hit you with a massive duplicity powered maul twice in a row. That class that gets a melee critical boost from critical force attacks, which are all but guaranteed. Yes, that deception assassin that gets a gigantic damage reduction from blackout instead of a useless speed boost. That blackout that finishes cooling off automatically when he comes back from stealth to spike you again.

There's a reason why there's plenty of assassins in ranked arenas and no concealment operatives.

No one is going to waste stun break on debilitate in serious PVP, man. All of your strategies here only work against PVE players in unranked who are only playing to get the daily.

Yes, deception, really. That class that can hit you with a massive duplicity powered maul twice in a row. That class that gets a melee critical boost from critical force attacks, which are all but guaranteed. Yes, that deception assassin that gets a gigantic damage reduction from blackout instead of a useless speed boost. That blackout that finishes cooling off automatically when he comes back from stealth to spike you again.

There's a reason why there's plenty of assassins in ranked arenas and no concealment operatives.

i didnt say debilitate, do you even know what im talking about? do you play swtor?

Hex, I love your passion. Makes me want to log onto my Operative right now!

But this sums it up pretty neatly... Operatives will never be viable in ranked unless it gets survivability.

Hex, I love your passion. Makes me want to log onto my Operative right now!

But this sums it up pretty neatly... Operatives will never be viable in ranked unless it gets survivability.

im playing ranked atm, tbh i enjoy casting more but i see what you mean about squishy its like, i get my free kill then i am one lol but what of regs? different story altogether and i for one actually enjoy a good huttball or voidstar

And btw, deception? rly? you mean to say the class that has to perform 3 global cool downs that dont even do damge

If you feel that you have better burst on your Operative, you are doing something very wrong on your Assassin.

This ^

Edited by Seldan

My main is a marauder, and imo scouperative dps is now ridicilous! tbh i get destroyed by them now, before the patch i could sit through both the stun and watch my resolve being whited while he is hitting on me, sure i've lost 50 % of my health, but that was it. I would kill them before i lose another 10 %. Nowadays i have to instant break and stealth out if i am to have a chance, and even then it is hard as **** cause they continue to deal amazing dmg even after their initial burst, and even if they ****ed up a bit they can just vanish and start rotation over= i'm dead. When im on my assassin however i feel no fear for them, with shroud and teleport to protect me from the opening i own 99% of them even with 50% health left. And i know some other classes out there aren't as afraid as me, but my medium armored marauder without Cloak of pain activated is pretty much dead if i cant break and get away. I prefer being opened on by assassin, mostly because their opener doesnt hit like a truck and u only eat 1 maul before u can activate a DCD. <--- this must be why conc dps only get a root on the opener next patch.

So i have to agree with OP, once again i am pissing in my pants of being opened on by a good conc dps. But it doesnt stop there, usually there are 2 of u guys just so that i am dead before the 1.5 s * 2 stun is over :p and lets not forget objective play, even if u kill the enemy so many times u lost count there will always be a operative that has rolled 6 times in a row to get to the objective in time and save the day. luckily that ******** is being nerfed.

Tell me how our fellow Assassin class gets to keep its knockdown and have more survivability. The gap widens between the 2 stealth classes.

Assassins kill people, it's what they do. Operatives perform missions assigned to them, which may be as simple as surveillance.

So clearly an assassin should be better at killing people!

Sup Hex? :D

Personally, I really have more trouble with Ops on my Immortal tank than I had before. The very good Ops can get me down so fast, I can't even move, especially when I have two on me.

For playing concealment Op, well before 2.6 I didn't play it a single time and I'm still terribad at it lol.

But when I manage to do it right, people are really going down fast.

From a not concealment Op, I always had the feeling that they need more survivability instead of even more dps.

And you just wasted that gcd to fill his resolve bar but hey good job that mando will now eat your lunch while I Force bubble and giggle at you then Heal2Full by the way I still have my stun break for your next attempt. Good luck killing a sage healer with a friend. Sorry ops are only op against certain classes. Like every class in this game. All you get from me is a giggle on my sorc. The only way I have trouble is like all class when more then one jumps me. But still I have god mode and did ya hear its getting buffed too. Haha enjoy it till 2.7

regards a sage healer that has 0 trouble with ops

i didnt say debilitate, do you even know what im talking about? do you play swtor?

Breaking a Sleeping Dart/Flash Bang is even FAR more retarded lol..

I always laugh at people when they break my Mind Maze/Low Slash, it's too funny.

The only thing worth breaking in a 1v1 where you aren't defending a node is the 4 second hard stun.

That goes for both sides.

Bunch of duelling rookies here...

Edited by Evolixe

...and now its just a rinse and repeat free kill rotation that is as satisfying as going to tatooine and solo ganking a lvl 20 clicker. And before you come at me with cure acid, this and trinket the second stun that, the acid does not clense most of the time and by the time you do get back on your feet your almost dead and all they need to do is re apply the acid with back stab, chiv, lacerate, overload shot GG they dont even need stealth to do that as the role procs evasion which sheds any root or dot and blocks incoming ranged and melee attacks but if you think you can handle that and apear to be doing so, they can always vanaish and hit you with that 9K hidden strike/lacerate.

Bear with me a moment here. I've not PvP'd since August 23rd because I moved to the Philippines. However, for the last month I've been playing GW2 (Darkhaven Server) again because the latency wasn't so bad. I started playing WvW (regardless of what people may think, I'm enjoying it) and noticed that the latency was there, but not so bad. I decided to try it with SWTOR instead of just PvE.

So I dusted off my fully BiS Conq gear I had for my Sage Healer, and jumped in (After practicing my rotation and other keybinds to refresh myself) PvP. In my 3rd game, I found myself in N.C. at the south node healing my team mates. I had an Concealment Op come out and hit me. I hit my Force Barrier, ruining their own rotation, then resumed healing teammates. However, this OP wouldn't leave me alone. I blew him back, force sped for separation and LoS him so I could still heal. He came at me this time in full view, so I force slowed, hit my equivalent of Recklessness and Alacrity increase, a unloaded my rock collection after I loaded him up with some dots. Finished it off with Force Quake because he went into stealth and killed him (I had the marker ready to drop while my TK was firing and dropped it as he stealthed).

This OP found me a again; however, with the aid of a Deception Assassin and I was able to fend them off until help came for me. This happened 2 other times. I was killed 3 times in that battle, the last time was against that Assassin and OP.

My point, I'm rusty and need more WZ time to regain my edge; however, in my opinion the OP hits a bit harder but not so much I couldn't out heal their damage to me and heal my teammates. I just defended myself as I would before and survived to continue doing my job. For not PvPing for 6 months I was able to maintain nearly 400k in heals for the 4 games I engaged in. Not bad, but a lot of room for improvement.

Wooo wait a minute, so am i to believe that i in fact don't suck at my Op? because if im wrong in feeling completely OP on mine.... i don't think iv ever been complimented so aggressively:rolleyes:

No one's really looking to compliment you, as knowing a rotation in a certain spec isn't very impressive.

It's just that you're attempting to claim you can destroy anything as a Concealment op, when in reality, you have two scenarios that net you a kill:

1) You're fighting a noob that doesn't know how to fend for themselves.

2) You catch someone with their pants down (without CDs or stun break etc)

Plenty of those two exist in regs, while ranked, you cut one of those out completely and make it very unlikely for number 2 to occur.

You are not OP, don't worry. When you play in the ranked matches, you'll see it's still an uphill battle for a spec like yours.

No one's really looking to compliment you, as knowing a rotation in a certain spec isn't very impressive.

It's just that you're attempting to claim you can destroy anything as a Concealment op, when in reality, you have two scenarios that net you a kill:

1) You're fighting a noob that doesn't know how to fend for themselves.

2) You catch someone with their pants down (without CDs or stun break etc)

Plenty of those two exist in regs, while ranked, you cut one of those out completely and make it very unlikely for number 2 to occur.

You are not OP, don't worry. When you play in the ranked matches, you'll see it's still an uphill battle for a spec like yours.

with respect I'm not talking about ranked, just regs. and saying everyone i beat is noob is a pretty wide call-out what you're basically telling me is your just awesome and anyone not on your level who prefers warzones isn't entitled to have an opinion round here.

Edited by HexDecimalUK