The Current PvP Relic Bug

EricMusco

The only thing I'm disappointed with is the lack of emergency maintenance whenever something in pvp breaks but something extremely minor in pve breaks and they take the server down the next day. That is really the only thing that frustrates me.

I completely agree - the lack of any urgency with this is shocking.

I'm not going to intentionally gimp myself...so I guess I'm stupid to NOT use it. Sad...

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool. Can't beat em, join em. Good to know your position on it.

Apparently.

Typical reaction from BW, people will intentionally abuse it and continue to till BW takes action. Anyone that doesn't want to play with an exploited mechanic will have to bend over or not play.

Most players will always take the path of least resistance which is why they reroll OP classes, run cheese comps, require gear checks/vent for regs ect. When there is an exploit they will justify it to themselves and exploit away unless swift and decisive action is taken. Emergency patch, apologize to those using it as intended but for balance and fairness this is the step we choice. Show the community for once you actually listen and care.

Or ignore the issue, which encourages others to purchase said items to be on even ground. Then when they finally get around to fixing it people will QQ because they had to buy them because BW didnt take action and want a refund, this the circle of forum QQ continues.

Eric,

While the developers are looking in the relic code, please ask them to also look at how the Conquerer and Obroan power procs are stacking at the same time, when they should be on the same cooldown.

Doubt they even know about this

Even if they did, they've been keeping it hush hush till enough complains about it and soon exploited like this new godmode relic.

It is not a bannable offense and we do not intend to action folks who have used it. The reason is that although some may realize it is unintended and try to use it to their advantage until it is fixed. Some folks may simply have the relic and be using the item they bought, completely unaware that they are using a bugged item.

Because of that we are going to just leave it in place as is and then work to get it fixed ASAP.

-eric

It is not a bannable offense? READ YOUR OWN CODE OF CONDUCT.

Exploit any bug in the Service to gain unfair advantage in the game and/or communicate the existence of any such bug (either directly or through the public posting) to any other user of the Service.

Sure as hell seems against the TOS to me. Im sure with your "metrics" you can see who is exploiting the bug and who isn't. If they can't, what the hell use are they, and how can you justify balancing a game against Metrics that feed you exactly zero information?

It is not a bannable offense? READ YOUR OWN CODE OF CONDUCT.

Sure as hell seems against the TOS to me. Im sure with your "metrics" you can see who is exploiting the bug and who isn't. If they can't, what the hell use are they, and how can you justify balancing a game against Metrics that feed you exactly zero information?

Did you even read the post? Or just the first bit?

SOLUTION! Get rid of proc relics and bring back the old stat boosting relics! We don't need this RNG Proc chance BS in the first place...and clearly you can't make them work right and rebreak them after patches that have previously fixed them. Just go back to procless stat boosting relics! Edited by Saregon

Bioware,

Please fix this ASAP. Human nature being as wretched and disgusting as it is, people who figured this out are doubling down on stupid and running two of these.

The effects are absolutely game breaking bad in PVP, with immortal players guarding objectives.

Regs are an absolute sewer, and this weekend is going to be complete garbage for PVP gameplay.

Just remove them from the game, and put them back later when they are fixed.

Thanks

I wonder if somebody using this will end up in a match on JediConsular's stream tonight that the devs and MMORPG.com are a part of.

lol, better question is, will there be anybody NOT using it? It's unreal - it's God mode, for PvP and PvE.

Folks like healers and dpsers have no reason to equip the relic without its "special" effect. This is clearly exploiting and they are well aware of what they were doing.

I love it when people assume the bug awareness and motivations of people they've never met and know nothing about.

No reason for a damage mitigation relic being used by pvp players as an alternative for entirely inconsistent damage/healing proc relics of dubious benefit? Really?

It is not a bannable offense and we do not intend to action folks who have used it. The reason is that although some may realize it is unintended and try to use it to their advantage until it is fixed. Some folks may simply have the relic and be using the item they bought, completely unaware that they are using a bugged item.

Because of that we are going to just leave it in place as is and then work to get it fixed ASAP.

-eric

Leaving this item in game while devs try to fix it is a huge error in judgement. PVP at 55 is completely ruined by this item. It should have been immediately removed from the game. Why in the good lords name would you make the decision to leave such a blatantly OP exploit in the game? Oh, and no one using this is *unaware* That's a total cop out. If the item were not bugged it would be an underwhelming relic and no one but a tank highly focused on absorb would be using it.

Leaving this item in game while devs try to fix it is a huge error in judgement. PVP at 55 is completely ruined by this item. It should have been immediately removed from the game. Why in the good lords name would you make the decision to leave such a blatantly OP exploit in the game? Oh, and no one using this is *unaware* That's a total cop out. If the item were not bugged it would be an underwhelming relic and no one but a tank highly focused on absorb would be using it.

Concur... now all threads and comments will be ignored enjoy the weekend of PvP where you either waste coms to buy them to get on even footing or dont PvP. Great standard to set.

You state that healers and dps have no use for such a relic. I say: Tanks have no use for such a relic. At least in PvE content I wouldnt dare to switchout other relics for the relic which-we-shall-not-name.

Also learn to play against the broken effects. Trigger it early and swap targets. There are numerous ways to counter it. Enjoy it while it lasts. If you are against it, dont take it so serious and consider the coming days as a fun outtake.

Concur... now all threads and comments will be ignored enjoy the weekend of PvP where you either waste coms to buy them to get on even footing or dont PvP. Great standard to set.

If only there were a way to use the relic temporarily, for say up to 2 hours at a time. Then it would at least be fair until the fix is put in place. ;)

Hey everyone,

I wanted to let you know that we are definitely aware of the current bug with a certain PvP relic and it's unintended consequences. We are working to get a fix to this ASAP and will update you as I know more.

As a note, the current state of that relic is 100% not intended. That is the reason this post is being very generic as to what the relic is and what it does. I wanted to make sure we acknowledged it so that you guys knew we are working on it.

Due to the unintended effects of this issue, we will continue to remove posts about the relic in question. Thank you all for your understanding.

-eric

This bug is absolutely game breaking, and is currently being exploited in a number of settings. I love this game, and cannot understand how you can justify not disabling or autorefunding (for comms boxes or tokens) this relic now. It absolutely alienates your core subscribers, many of whom spend large amounts of additional money in the cartel market. I like to think that you and your fellow game developers (a) are fair, (b) care, and (b) are interested in running a fun and successful game. Please do not disappoint this subscriber any longer! Do the right thing!