The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

I've been known to use the /belch emote for the same situation.

Also, "/Me farts in your general direction!"

If I'm on a character of one faction, and find a player from the opposite faction out in the wild trying to kill something for a quest, I'll help them kill it.

Then I'll use a class emote belonging to their class (if I have it) or just /salute (if I don't). I think THAT qualifies as weird.

Sometimes, I'll even go into /say and say, "Well met, (character name)." It's amazing how few characters know about how /say works cross-faction...

If I'm on a character of one faction, and find a player from the opposite faction out in the wild trying to kill something for a quest, I'll help them kill it.

Then I'll use a class emote belonging to their class (if I have it) or just /salute (if I don't). I think THAT qualifies as weird.

Sometimes, I'll even go into /say and say, "Well met, (character name)." It's amazing how few characters know about how /say works cross-faction...

Sometimes if I find an enemy player fighting friendly mobs, I'll start healing the mobs. It makes me laugh, but I always feel bad about it later. Not so bad I don't do it again, though.

Hey all.

Was running Zerka Core Labs HM the other night as Sage Healer. Didn't start off good with one of the DPS leaving group as soon as we all get to start of FP. No big deal i think. The Tank decides we are just gonna run it with three, he is a Vanguard btw. Not really an issu until i inspect the other DPS, a commando, who is a fresh 55 with around 21k health, not a big deal to me, Hey everyone was there at one point. Anyway run the first part to first boss easily enough. 1st attempt at the boss, we get wiped. Figuring its only because we have three. Tank adds us to the GF and a sentinal pops in to join us. 2nd attempt we clear it, barely. It was at this point i realise the tank is not even close to the boss. he is standing on the side spamming his full auto and AOE. When the droid electifies the water everybody generally groups up for some AOE heals. Not the tank. Likes to go to the opposite side, not get healed and fight the adds that spawn. :eek: Neadless to say he dies after asking him to group up for the heals, no answer. Battle rez and finish the boss and move on.

Second boss wipe the first attemp as tank and commando DPS get blasted by a rocket. While making way to 2nd attemp get a message in chat asking "Are you heling?" Answer with "Uhh ya". Second attempt. Tank jumps in grabs aggro then backs out and start the old spam full auto and AOE again. commando blasted by rocket. Battle rez still on CD. Tank hit with rocket killed and we wipe again. Next i see in chat "WHY DO I KEEP DYING." I appologize to the sent and commando but inform them i need to leave and leave the instance.

Sometimes if I find an enemy player fighting friendly mobs, I'll start healing the mobs. It makes me laugh, but I always feel bad about it later. Not so bad I don't do it again, though.

Be careful of that on a PvE server --it can be construed as griefing in the right situation, and at least "report-able," if not necessarily "action-able."

Hey at least you're honest enough to admit that it is kind of a dick move, too (Because let's face it, it totally is :))

Hey all.

Was running Zerka Core Labs HM the other night as Sage Healer. Didn't start off good with one of the DPS leaving group as soon as we all get to start of FP. No big deal i think. The Tank decides we are just gonna run it with three, he is a Vanguard btw. Not really an issu until i inspect the other DPS, a commando, who is a fresh 55 with around 21k health, not a big deal to me, Hey everyone was there at one point. Anyway run the first part to first boss easily enough. 1st attempt at the boss, we get wiped. Figuring its only because we have three. Tank adds us to the GF and a sentinal pops in to join us. 2nd attempt we clear it, barely. It was at this point i realise the tank is not even close to the boss. he is standing on the side spamming his full auto and AOE. When the droid electifies the water everybody generally groups up for some AOE heals. Not the tank. Likes to go to the opposite side, not get healed and fight the adds that spawn. :eek: Neadless to say he dies after asking him to group up for the heals, no answer. Battle rez and finish the boss and move on.

Second boss wipe the first attemp as tank and commando DPS get blasted by a rocket. While making way to 2nd attemp get a message in chat asking "Are you heling?" Answer with "Uhh ya". Second attempt. Tank jumps in grabs aggro then backs out and start the old spam full auto and AOE again. commando blasted by rocket. Battle rez still on CD. Tank hit with rocket killed and we wipe again. Next i see in chat "WHY DO I KEEP DYING." I appologize to the sent and commando but inform them i need to leave and leave the instance.

Think it would have been best in this situation to explain in group chat what needed to happen on the fight. Regardless of the tank clearly not being the best, that rocket attack targets a player at random and there's nothing the tank can do about it. I do think they finally for the most part fixed the issue where it was hitting players even when they moved out of the red circle, but it's still a squirrely situation, and I've had groups wipe or nearly wipe who haven't had much trouble on the bot or Rasmus.

Also, the add bots on the Eradicator droid won't attack unless you attack them. I've had groups finish the boss with a them just chilling there doing nothing. Most groups do kill them off, but they will just stand there if you don't touch them.

I don't have any problem whatsoever with people having it, or acquiring it in whichever manner.

It's the way a lot of people use the damned things in FPs that annoys the living Hell out of me lately. Not all of us have those, not all of us want those, and I'm bloody well not going to tolerate being *****ed at for "holding the group up" because I don't have them.

That's happened only once so far --completed the FP successfully, said "TY for group all, cheers," zoned out, added the spoiled little rich-boy whiner to /ignore.

I can tell you're a subscriber, or you wouldn't be able to post here. That means you get a monthly stipend of cartel coins.

Rocket boots are one of the top 5 most useful things you can spend cartel coins on. Instead of railing against "spoiled little rich-boy whiners" (I honestly don't get why you think they were spoiled or rich), why not just pick yourself up the ability and find out why everyone thinks it's so gosh-darn useful? They really aren't that expensive (less than your monthly stipend of cartel coins!) and they apply to all characters in your legacy. It's sort of funny in a tragic way to hear about how much you hate them, considering how very useful they really are.

To each their own, of course! Love that indoor jogging. Love it!

I can tell you're a subscriber, or you wouldn't be able to post here. That means you get a monthly stipend of cartel coins.

Rocket boots are one of the top 5 most useful things you can spend cartel coins on. Instead of railing against "spoiled little rich-boy whiners" (I honestly don't get why you think they were spoiled or rich), why not just pick yourself up the ability and find out why everyone thinks it's so gosh-darn useful? They really aren't that expensive (less than your monthly stipend of cartel coins!) and they apply to all characters in your legacy. It's sort of funny in a tragic way to hear about how much you hate them, considering how very useful they really are.

To each their own, of course! Love that indoor jogging. Love it!

I get so mad when I'm running back from a raid wipe and my boots are down.

Rocket boost is awesome.

Stealth out when the last mob is low on health, fire up the rockets, pull aggro on next grup while the derpies and healer are busy looting. :D

and blame the healer if you die while they are still 100 meters away?

Do not think I shared this one yet but it made me chuckle;

HM Cad, marauder Dps, Merc healer, Merc Dps and myself on my tank. The Merc healer calls for a gaurd, I throw it on the Merc Dps. This is rare that I even gaurd when I tank on my Sin but I make exceptions for certain bosses and/or classes/players. Healer whines a bit and throws out some Dps during thrash to pull threat onto himself. I do not take the bait really, I run HM Ops with a 3.3k aim Merc and he can pull aggro easy and this Merc dps was near that much aim.

Get to the Wookie boss and I drop my phase walk on the plane nearby, the Merc duo gets on I use force pull and duck behind the plane. Only to see the marauder (a guildie of the healer) charge onto the Wookie. So I taunt but the Wookie does not want to come so I decide.... "F this jerk wants to be impatient he can tank" I drop combat walk around and actually sit down to watch. Marauder dies and goes all "*** tank why you no tank" to which I replied with something along the lines of "The phase walk is on the plane, the other Dps is on the plAne, and the healer your guildie is on the damned plane. You decided not to wait so I thought that meant you wanted to tank" all the while typing that out I had picked up the boss off the other two and we downed him. The Merc Dps actually whispered me laughing when he saw me sit down to enjoy the show, smart guy too he stopped DPS'ing the Wookie too lol.

Was I wrong to drop combat and watch? Probably.

Did that marauder learn a lesson? God I hope so.

I always do a chat warning about not pulling ahead of me in HM FPs, I have done them dozens of times and know little tricks to clear the thrash without issues and for the bosses. If they continue I often just let them tank till they die, a repair bill is quite good lesson IMO ^.^

Rocket boost is awesome.

Stealth out when the last mob is low on health, fire up the rockets, pull aggro on next grup while the derpies and healer are busy looting. :D

And get added to every /ignore list on the server. You go, you stealth-drop hero-going guy, you!

Don't forget, it's always the healer's fault, especially if the healer is a Merc/Mando.

[...] Instead of railing against "spoiled little rich-boy whiners" (I honestly don't get why you think they were spoiled or rich) [...]

It's the way they act about it, not that they have it.

Also, people with them always seem to run way ahead and pull before everybody else has caught up. I'm not the only one who doesn't have --or want-- them, and it's generally A Bad Idea to pull aggro in 55 [HARD] instances without the healer being in range to, you know, heal you through that level of beating.

[...] why not just pick yourself up the ability and find out why everyone thinks it's so gosh-darn useful? They really aren't that expensive (less than your monthly stipend of cartel coins!) and they apply to all characters in your legacy. It's sort of funny in a tragic way to hear about how much you hate them, considering how very useful they really are. [...]

They're not that cheap either. I use my CC stipend --when I use it at all-- to flip Packs on the GTN for creds. Why is it so wrong that, aside from the odd Pack-flipping, I find anything to do with the cash-shop repellent and want as little as possible to do with it?

Don't you get it?

If everyone keeps buying these "must-have" items through that *********** cash-shop, then do you seriously believe that, eventually, EA won't start sneaking in obvious-advantage item, on the (apparently quite correct) assumption that all these good little sheep will line right up, credit cards in hand to get them?

I cannot, in good conscience, contribute to this, even if I get my coins "free."

Why?

Because when all is said and done, I like this game --warts, utterly clueless/completely incapable of thinking outside the box devs, crap entitled-kiddie-community and all-- and want it to succeed, but I want it to do so for the right reasons.

Good cash-shop life-support slowly but surely going pay-to-win is not the right reason for an MMO's success.

Edited by midianlord

Also, people with them always seem to run way ahead and pull before everybody else has caught up. I'm not the only one who doesn't have --or want-- them, and it's generally A Bad Idea to pull aggro in 55 [HARD] instances without the healer being in range to, you know, heal you through that level of beating.

They're not that cheap either. I use my CC stipend --when I use it at all-- to flip Packs on the GTN for creds. Why is it so wrong that, aside from the odd Pack-flipping, I find anything to do with the cash-shop repellent and want as little as possible to do with it?

Don't you get it?

If everyone keeps buying these "must-have" items through that *********** cash-shop, then do you seriously believe that, eventually, EA won't start sneaking in obvious-advantage item, on the (apparently quite correct) assumption that all these good little sheep will line right up, credit cards in hand to get them?

I cannot, in good conscience, contribute to this, even if I get my coins "free."

Why?

Because when all is said and done, I like this game --warts, utterly clueless/completely incapable of thinking outside the box devs, crap entitled-kiddie-community and all-- and want it to succeed, but I want it to do so for the right reasons.

Good cash-shop life-support slowly but surely going pay-to-win is not the right reason for an MMO's success.

So you choose to flip packs instead of buying the rocket boost. That's your choice. The boost makes everything go quicker in and out of flashpoints, so why not get them? It has nothing to do with being spoiled. I used my allotted coins to get it at "no cost" and you could do the same.

You do realize that the rocket boost has been available since Patch 1.2 (Well before the Cartel Market release), right?

Your "Pay to win" argument is invalid.

You do realize that the rocket boost has been available since Patch 1.2 (Well before the Cartel Market release), right?

Your "Pay to win" argument is invalid.

You know, I was wondering the same thing lol. I've had rocket boost for a long time and don't remember paying Cartel Coins for them.

Seriously, as far as getting around in FPs/Ops where speeders mostly cannot be used, Rocket Boost is the BEST. THING. EVAR!! On my Sage, Shadow and Sorc, I basically use Rocket Boost and then force speed and then rocket boost again to get around.

Especially if you don't have Force Speed (every class except Consulars), a Roll (which only applies to 1 AC both sides) or Hydraulic Overrides which is actually not very fast at all, or Sent/Mara speed boost and wears out way to quick.

Don't you get it?

Why?

You don't even buy them through the cash shop; you buy them through your legacy panel. You are cutting off your nose to spite your face, here.

Also, using the reasoning that "most people who have them do this awful thing" is fallacious, as most players of SWTOR have them, you are focusing only on the derpmeisters. All those people who don't use them in FPs probably have them, too, they just aren't using them at that moment.

Also, it seems that you don't want to support the cash shop ... so you buy gambling packs ... instead of purchasing a useful QOL ability from your legacy panel? Again, your logic is fallacious.

Edited by Fidelicatessen

Just discovered this thread.

While back during the Gree Event, was in a Xeno group and while waiting around for everyone to get there I tend to look at the gear of people in the group. Got to this Sage and noticed they had more strength than willpower. Looking at the gear they had a solid mix of might armorings and willpower mods. During the fight noticed him right next to me (me on a shadow) and they were constantly hitting Xeno and the adds with their saber as opposed to using any ranged attacks.

You know, I was wondering the same thing lol. I've had rocket boost for a long time and don't remember paying Cartel Coins for them.

Seriously, as far as getting around in FPs/Ops where speeders mostly cannot be used, Rocket Boost is the BEST. THING. EVAR!! On my Sage, Shadow and Sorc, I basically use Rocket Boost and then force speed and then rocket boost again to get around.

Especially if you don't have Force Speed (every class except Consulars), a Roll (which only applies to 1 AC both sides) or Hydraulic Overrides which is actually not very fast at all, or Sent/Mara speed boost and wears out way to quick.

... that might be because Hydraulic Overrides only affect in-combat speed, not out of combat. It basicly adds sprint speed to combat.

Also, it seems that you don't want to support the cash shop ... so you buy gambling packs ... instead of purchasing a useful QOL ability from your legacy panel? Again, your logic is fallacious.

How am I "buying" gambling bags?

Unless you count my subscription paying for them? (Which it does, I guess; But you could say that it's "included" courtesy of the subscriber-stipend.)

But then...we both know that that's not the way you meant that, now is it:

I do not, never have, and never will spend so much as an extra penny of real money on this game or its obnoxious, crafter-destroying, community-intellect-insulting *********** cancer of a cash-shop outside of what my standard subscription-fee already gets me.

I already "bought" that when I subbed-up, plus an extra CC 50/month for being a final-stage Beta tester.

E:

Oh, and a QoL thing for me that's more important than Rocket-Boost is more creds without having to turn this video-game into a second job --I have one of those already, can't say I like it well enough to want more-- so, yeah:

Feel free to leave the fallacy of false-consensus/self-confirmation at home next time, please.

Edited by midianlord

Guildmates, healer and damage dealer, wanted a quick flashpoint so I helped them out. Random damage dealer we got was appropriately geared and well behaved. He/she let me pull, killed the appropriate enemies, respected CC, hit need when he needed and greed when he didn't. When asked if he wanted to kill the bonus boss, he politely said 'yes please." So we killed it.

Pleasant experience considering my Weekly 55 flashpoint mission had been 1/3 since like July. Guess they're not all that bad. Too bad there isn't a way to make players or their un-friended alts from your friends list, or some kind of 'preferred player' list jump to the top of the queue. It would reward good behavior instead of just punishing bad like with ignore (which I only use in extreme situations like credit spammers).

Edited by bdatt

[...] Guess they're not all that bad. Too bad there isn't a way to make players or their un-friended alts from your friends list, or some kind of 'preferred player' list jump to the top of the queue. It would reward good behavior instead of just punishing bad like with ignore (which I only use in extreme situations like credit spammers).

There are still some of us out there.

Depressingly rare it seems, but we do exist.

All the more depressing because I see many more derp-Slingers recently than I used to, giving my beloved AC a bad name. I guess all the smash/sweep window-lickers are re-rolling to the perceived flavour of the month because Snipingers are supposedly "ZOMG OP!!111oneone!" and they want to have some variety in their easy-mode. (Only to find that Snipinger =/= easy-mode, at all.)

I mean, I expect this kind of behaviour from smash/sweepers, and am very rarely...umm..."disappointed" --let's face facts, this is a class/spec designed for idiots, so why are you surprised that you see/deal with so many idiots playing it?-- but to see a 'Slinger doing it...

...This genuinely makes me haz a sad :(

Why is it that I have never seen a smasher not pull before the tank?

Edited by midianlord

OK, here is a weird one...

Worst... Sentinel... Ever...

Entered GF, Battle of Ilum, the Sent in the group insists on attacking EVERYTHING in the FP (says its for XP), but, here's the weird part, he doesn't actually KILL ANYTHING!!! I would say he's trying to "tank" but that would mean he's doing it for a purpose. Here, he's clearly not. He'll jump on a strong or elite, wail away 2-3 times, then jump to a weak, to a different weak, to a different strong. He doesn't kill anything nor can maintain aggro (again, he's not a tank). Eventually, me (rdps) and the healer eventually kill the mobs but he's never around long enough to make a decent contribution. I think we set some sort of world record for longest flash point. This continues the entire time.

Here is where it gets ridiculous. At the last boss during the conversation, he starts spamming "SPACE BAR PLEASE, I DON'T HAVE ALL DAY!!!" Definitely /ignored this guy....

and blame the healer if you die while they are still 100 meters away?

1) Mobs in flashpoints are extremely rarely placed that far apart.

2) I wouldn't rush if I knew I couldn't stand the beating.

Try to troll better next time, mmkay? :)

And get added to every /ignore list on the server. You go, you stealth-drop hero-going guy, you!

Don't forget, it's always the healer's fault, especially if the healer is a Merc/Mando.

It's always the healer's fault only if you're an idiot, yes. Thank you for your valuable input.