Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ - Road Map 2017

EricMusco

If they were to add components to PvE activities, they'd have to:

1. Tie them to weeklies/dailies to prevent farming

2. Buff the CXP for warzones to make up for it

3. Give something to NiM raiders to compensate

Personally I'd like UC's hidden from newbies as much as possible. The later they learn about the UC grind the better, since it takes a while to get enough and it's a waste to use them if most of your gear isn't BiS. The amount of vendors could also overwhelm some newbies.

If I were to add them to PvE, it would be through Operations since players have to go to the supply section to claim operation gear anyway. So when they go there, and they see the UC vendors they won't have to ask "where do I get UC's" since they'll have some with them already.

12 UC's for an operation weekly, 4 UC's for an SM operation boss, 8 UC's for a HM operation boss, 16 UC's for a NiM operation boss. And buff PvP/GSF CXP by about 30%. Maybe give UC's according to actual difficulty so people don't just farm KP/EV again.

You want to prevent farming components by doing PvE and therefore tie them to weeklies/dailies?

You mean the same unlimited farming that PvP offers shouldn't be allowed for PvE?

Then you totally missed the point of everyone who asked for components for PvE.

It's about giving a fully comparable but pure PvE alternative to the warzone grind.

If you limit PvE components to weeklies and dailies pure PvEers will still feel forced to PvP after they are done with their daily (at least if they want to have bis gear).

Remember: Nim ops are not a comparable alternative to the PvP grind and besides hoping for some lucky crate drop there is nothing else you can do to work towards a 248 gear piece.

But I remember you once mentioned that you like players getting draged into PvP cause this is one of the contents you personally want to see very alive.

To bad for players like me that hardmode flashpoints are not a content you want to see alive cause otherwise you would maybe start to understand and at least try to judge things from another point of view.

There are different types of players. Some prefer PvP, some prefer PvE and some like both.

Imagine a player that only likes PvE and that also likes to have the best gear possible for him cause he enjoys seeing his char progressing and growing stronger.

He has 3 choices now:

1. hoping for luck to get a useful piece out of a crate

2. doing nim operations

3. just joining an unranked warzone and easily grind for components to actively work towards a gear piece of his choice

1. He gave up on hoping for a lucky crate drop since they are rare and even if he gets one it will most likely be a duplicate (he has no need for a 3rd implant or another clickable relic and all the other duplicates he got so far were enough to fill the rest of his armor with at least the usable mods in them.)

2. He doesn't have the time to actively particpate in a nim raiding group. His real life would make it hard to meet the raid appointments regulary and moreover he doesn't want to give up the freedom to log in when ever he wants and has the time to do so. He also isn't really interested in hours-long whipe session without any guarantee to really progress because he knows there is a much easier way which is number 3.

3. He only has to join an unranked warzone and no matter if he wins or loses and no matter if he is a good or a bad player, he guaranteed will get a currency that allows him to buy the gear pieces he wants. He can do this whenever he has the time to play...it's just a click on the queue button...no matter if he only has 1 hour time to play for the day. And those matches are super quick compared to a full length raid evening (max 15 mins) which allows him to be much more flexible in terms of time management. He also doesn't have to be part of progression team/ guild for that...no it doesn't take more than 5 minutes and he will find himself in a random group ready to farm some components. Can it be easier and more comfortable? No!

Ok he doesn't like PvP and never did (and he once was happy that the game never forced or teased him to PvP) but since there is not really an alternative for him to get the better gear he wants, he decides to swallow the bitter pill even if this is slowly sucking out the fun of the game for him. It' just too easy to ignore it.

Oh and pls don't tell that player that he doesn't need bis gear. He is not dumb and knows this.

Nevertheless gear progression is an important and driving aspect of fun for many players (not for all, I know, but for a lot) and this is why these players will always try to get the best gear possible for them...even if that means they have to play content they actually don't want to play.

Players slowly loosing the enjoyment of the game and the game loosing players cause of that + PvPers geting tired of all the PvEers joining matches only for components and PvEers spending their time in a content they don't even like...well I wouldn't call that a win-win situation.

That is why I'm asking for components for hardmode flashpoints or even for PvE group activities in general.

Edited by Avianatorsparkma

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is really getting pointless.

Some posts earlier I clearly stated that I always do participate actively in every warzone match I join.

I also mentioned that I'm playing a healer and that I'm obviously doing very good judging by my MVP count and other players compliments. But still I'm getting insulted beeing a d*ck just because I dared to mention that unranked warzones can be easily semi-afked to just farm components...which is the truth.

So yes I am reading what I am writing but obviously you are not...thank you!

So I'm actively contributing to every warzone match I join because I do want to chase that carrot (components) so badly. I am just saying that I hate it and if I have to grind for my PvE gear I would prefer doing this grind in PvE instead of PvP.

Btw I am already in almost full 248s...I got four 248 pieces out of a crate, all the other pieces I farmed with PvP.

I only need 1 implant and 1 relic for full bis and you are telling me I can use flashpoints to farm these pieces?

Do you read what you write?

The next time you are going to shower me with insults + wrong statements and the next time you write such a hate driven post based on your false assumptions, please take the time to read what I posted before.

Oh and unranked warzones don't need more effort than a hardmode flashpoint.

Probably you are comparing Black Talon with some of the hardest matches you ever had.

Well I am comparing all the walk in the park wins I had to hm fps like Battle of Rishi (endboss) or Lost Island in a random group with unexperienced and low leveled players in their questing gear.

Both (hm fps and unranked warzones) can require a lot of effort but unranked warzone will reward you anyway even if you fail or refuse to put any effort into it.

Hm fps for sure are worth dropping components, the only reason they don't, is obviously that the devs didn't even consider that this whole component system will make a lot of PvEers feel forced to PvP (once again) and unhappy about the situation.

So thank you once again for your insults and for unleashing all your hate on me based on your false assumptions.

And just one more thing: I am playing for some years now and would consider myself a very good player.

I did successful progression raiding in other mmos before and I have what it takes to do nim operations.

I just don't want to book up my game time with raiding appointments and just want to log in and off when I want to.

Doing unranked warzones totally allows this kind of playstyle and components for hm fps would do the same.

Nim operations for sure are no comparable alternative to easy accessible and timewise flexible unranked warzones.

Tha's why I'm doing the PvP grind which I hate so much and that's why I am hoping for a comparable PvE alternative to it (like components for hm flashpoints).

Okay, literally all you'd said in the post was "I can easily almost afk in warzones and still get rewarded". If you didn't want others to assume the worst out of that statement, you could have worded it better.

And I'm not comparing Esseles/BT to Warzones. I've literally done every HM FP available in the game, including Lost Island, several times. They quite simply don't qualify as being among hardest content in the game, they are in fact the third or fourth easiest bits of group content in the game.

Warzones are rewarded with UCs because PvP in itself is an entirely different beast than PvE. There are infinitely more variables for PvE; being put in a team of melee with no healers vs a team of merc DPS and sorc heals is literally "Nightmare Mode" in PvP. Having half your team composed of AFKera is also a nightmare. That's why PvP has guaranteed UC rewards. Because the game mode itself is of unpredictable, variable difficulty, and can be quite a bit more challenging than any 4-person group activities in this game. Each game requires a winner and a loser, and if the loser doesn't get at least a baseline of rewards, wventually there won't be anyone left to win against.

If you expect guaranteed rewards, DO THE HARDER CONTENT. If you only do HM FPs, you'll never ever require any gear better than 230 anyways, so why should Operation gear and PvP gear drop for someone who doesn't do operations and hates PvP? It doesn't make any sense, you hate PvP, you don't do operations, but you continue to chase a carrot that's strictly meant for them? Why not chase it through GC? Why not just not chase it? Why chase gear specific to the two game modes you dislike participating in?

You didn't find PvPers complaining that we couldn't get the highest tier PvE gear from PvP back in 4.0, because we understood that PvP needs to reward PvP gear or fluff only. Why on earth should the reverse apply any differently?

• Dev Post

Hey all,

Either today or tomorrow, look for a post from Musco about our class balance plans for Game Update 5.3 and the rest of the summer. As I stated in the Roadmap, we will be having discussions with you about specific features and this week's hot topic will be changes to various Disciplines.

--Keith-

Hey all,

Either today or tomorrow, look for a post from Musco about our class balance plans for Game Update 5.3 and the rest of the summer. As I stated in the Roadmap, we will be having discussions with you about specific features and this week's hot topic will be changes to various Disciplines.

--Keith-

WTB Sorc Lightning / Sage Telekinetics buff, please.

Edited by BenKatarn

Hey all,

--Keith-

Buff vanguard do!

What do you mean that's not specific enough?!

MORE?!

Wait until the post comes out to make suggestions and give feedback? What kind of logic is that?! Why would you want me to do something so sensible?!

It makes me a better person? Ugh. Fine.

Hey all,

--Keith-

I hope those class balance fixes address longstanding issues with certain specs that some go back serveral expansions particaurly when we changed from Skill Trees to Disciplines. Partciaurly interest is MM, PTs (Pyro and Tank particularly), Sorc DPS, Madness and Hatred of note. I hope these are addressed and it's not just a typical BW reactionary nerf to the current meta that won't address the core issues. Just my 2 cents. I want to believe.

Hey all,

As I stated in the Roadmap, we will be having discussions with you about specific features and this week's hot topic will be changes to various Disciplines.

--Keith-

I love this. A weekly hot topic is a great idea! :)

Keith I'm curious. Not sure if you have thought about it or it was brought up but when the perk is available to increase your mount speed beyond 110% is this also going to affect the Rocket Boost legacy perk as well or will that remain at 110%?

Okay, literally all you'd said in the post was "I can easily almost afk in warzones and still get rewarded". If you didn't want others to assume the worst out of that statement, you could have worded it better.

I did. I explicitly mentioned that I am actively participating in every unranked warzone I join. And I stated that I am not even bad at healing in unranked warzones cause I get a lot of MVPs and compliments from others.

I'm stating this for the 3rd time now. So before you accidentally unleash your hate on someone the next time, pls have a look at his previous comments or simply just don't base your post on assumptions.

Oh and you really should learn to communicate without insulting. Calling others a d*ck doesn't make you look like a serious discussion partner and it doesn't give your posts any more meaning at all.

And I'm not comparing Esseles/BT to Warzones. I've literally done every HM FP available in the game, including Lost Island, several times. They quite simply don't qualify as being among hardest content in the game, they are in fact the third or fourth easiest bits of group content in the game.

Well that is nothing else than your personal point of view. In my books unranked warzones are a joke comparable to tactical flashpoints. For me unranked warzones for sure don't qualify to be considered among the hardest content in the game. Ranked arenas are a different thing but unranked warzones can be played by anyone no matter if skilled or not, no matter if geared or not, no matter if experienced or not. They don't require much...actually they only require you to press the queue button to get rewarded. Sure there are players that put a lot of effort even into unranked warzones but that is not even necessary to grab the rewards.

Please don't get me wrong. I'm not saying PvP is dumb. I have great respect for successful ranked players.

And I definitely consider ranked PvP as one of the absolute hardest contents in this game.

But unranked warzones are a joke compared to this because any braindead can use them to succesfully farm components.

Sure... players like you probably give 120% even in unranked matches but that doesn't make it a hard content in general.

No matter how much effort you personally put into unranked warzones...if players putting 0 efforts into unranked warzones also get rewarded guaranteed, it actually is one of the easiest contents in the game.

And even afking players will win a good amount of matches...isn't that hilarious?

Warzones are rewarded with UCs because PvP in itself is an entirely different beast than PvE. There are infinitely more variables for PvE; being put in a team of melee with no healers vs a team of merc DPS and sorc heals is literally "Nightmare Mode" in PvP. Having half your team composed of AFKera is also a nightmare. That's why PvP has guaranteed UC rewards. Because the game mode itself is of unpredictable, variable difficulty, and can be quite a bit more challenging than any 4-person group activities in this game. Each game requires a winner and a loser, and if the loser doesn't get at least a baseline of rewards, wventually there won't be anyone left to win against.

UCs are rewarded for PvP cause otherwise PvPers would only have to rely on having luck with drops out of command crates. That's it! The "so called" reasons you mentioned, are just a nice try to gloryfy PvP and to bash PvE and some of them can also be applied to hardmode flashpoints.

Having a random group with an unexperienced level 50 tank in dps gear and 2 dps that break any cc, pull everything in sight, ignore boss mechanics and never heard of kill order or interupt will turn a lot of hm fps into "Nightmare Mode" and most likely such a group won't be able to successfully finish the fp at all if it's one of the harder ones.

If you expect guaranteed rewards, DO THE HARDER CONTENT. If you only do HM FPs, you'll never ever require any gear better than 230 anyways, so why should Operation gear and PvP gear drop for someone who doesn't do operations and hates PvP? It doesn't make any sense, you hate PvP, you don't do operations, but you continue to chase a carrot that's strictly meant for them? Why not chase it through GC? Why not just not chase it? Why chase gear specific to the two game modes you dislike participating in?

Oh that is funny. You are trying to tell me that I have to do THE HARDER CONTENT to get better gear, while the truth is that all I actually have to do is spending my time braindead in unranked warzones.

Oh and you obviously missed the fact that there is no more operation gear and no more PvP gear.

Never before in the history of this game PvP was rewarded with gear beeing bis for PvE.

Never before in the history of this game PvP had anything to offer that a pure PvEer would be interested in (well besides that companion alert thingy and we all know people didn't like it).

So the carrot that you claim to be for PvPers only actually is as tempting for PvEers as it is for PvPers.

PvP no longer is rewarded with bis gear only for PvP...no now it is rewarded with bis gear for PvE as well.

Oh and pls try to actually read my previous post cause I already answered all your other questions.

You didn't find PvPers complaining that we couldn't get the highest tier PvE gear from PvP back in 4.0, because we understood that PvP needs to reward PvP gear or fluff only. Why on earth should the reverse apply any differently?

You got it...that was back in 4.0.

Back in those days I also never complained that I couldn't get any PvP gear from doing PvE.

I didn't need PvP gear cause I don't like PvP and PvP had absolutely nothing to offer that I was interested in. I could happily ignore the whole PvP part of this game.

And you said that you understood that PvP needs to reward PvP gear or fluff only...well, nowadays PvP also rewards bis PvE gear and that is a big change.

Since there is no PvP gear and no PvE gear anymore but only one universal gear for both, PvP no longer rewards only PvP gear and fluff. Now PvP also rewards bis PvE gear.

And suddenly I find myself wondering why it is so much easier for me to obtain bis PvE gear by doing unranked warzones than it is by doing any PvE activity.

I don't want to take anything away from PvP Players. I'm just asking to add something for PvE players to give us back the freedom to play the content we like to play without being tempted by bis PvE gear that is so much easier and more comfortable to obtain by simply spamming unranked warzones

I really don't understand why some PvPers seem to have a problem with components for flashpoints etc.. Obviously they want PvEers to be draged into PvP no matter if these PvEers absolutely hate it (maybe just for the sake of faster queue pops).

But these PvPers are shooting themselves in the foot cause they will have to deal with lots of players in their teams that actually don't want to be there and only bear that whole PvP grind to work towards their PvE gear.

Once again: win-win huh?

Edited by Avianatorsparkma

Hey everyone,

Musco delivered the first discussion topic! You can check the thread here.

-Keith--

sincerly, since the "relative" delay of the roadmap, it seems that you are focused and efficient on the communication with the community and all the loyal subscribers here.

thank you, it's a good step and i hope it will continue, in order to make this game better.

Edited by Thaladan

Hey everyone,

-Keith--

Keith please bring back Force Lightning to Sith Assassins and its Jedi counterpart to Jedi Shadows, it was such an iconic ability for both main classes that should never have been removed. The Sith Inquisitor storyline has a Sith Assassin using Force Lightning frequently throughout the cutscenes so I wouldn't know why they wouldn't have that ability in their skillset. Yes I understand that those 2 classes had to be made more mobile, but instead of removing Force Lightning and its Jedi counterpart you could have added a new utility one could choose that allowed Sith Assassins and Jedi Shadows to cast the ability while moving, much like Blade Dance was made mobile.

• Dev Post
Keith I'm curious. Not sure if you have thought about it or it was brought up but when the perk is available to increase your mount speed beyond 110% is this also going to affect the Rocket Boost legacy perk as well or will that remain at 110%?
I was curious, too, so I checked on this and found Rocket Boots work on a different system, and won't benefit from the boost. Basically, the boots ignore areas where we typically cannot use a mount, so for now, we decided not to extend the speed increase to this perk.

Thanks for asking. If it makes sense to change this in the future we'll let everyone know.

---Keith

I was curious, too, so I checked on this and found Rocket Boots work on a different system, and won't benefit from the boost. Basically, the boots ignore areas where we typically cannot use a mount, so for now, we decided not to extend the speed increase to this perk.

Thanks for asking. If it makes sense to change this in the future we'll let everyone know.

---Keith

Awesome, thank you. Good to know.

Hey everyone,

-Keith--

Despite the inevitable bikeshedding that's about to ensue, I just wanted to thank you again for the ongoing communication improvements :)

---Keith

Please change this in the future. Players are used to having the same speed on mounts and rocket boots, especially in group content (flashpoints, operations). Right now, when moving between trash groups, it doesn't matter much whether you use a mount or rocket boots, so you are free to use either but players prefer rocket boots because they're instant and they're small; they don't block half the screen.

Yes, this will allow players to clear that content faster; specifically, there is the issue where the gap between players with/without rocket boots will become wider. Though I don't see that as reason enough to not add 130% rocket boots.

I understand that you can't change this immediately, but I'm hoping you can add Tier IV and Tier V unlocks for rocket boots in the future.

Edited by Jerba

---Keith

Makes perfect sense.

By the way..... good to see you "lurking & stalking" us after Austin normal business hours. :D

It's very refreshing after literally years of "no gold posts after hours" unless a server crashed and sank into the sea" :p

Edited by Andryah

Makes perfect sense.

By the way..... good to see you "lurking & stalking" us after Austin normal business hours. :D

It's very refreshing after literally years of "no gold posts after hours" unless a server crashed and sank into the sea" :p

Same. I was really surprised when I saw Keith posting last weekend; Musco has never done this. It really shows me how much he cares about the game, and makes me much more confident for the game's future. :)

---Keith

Keith, don't tell my girlfriend this but I think I'm falling in love with you after seeing the frequency of your after-hours posts. :p

---Keith

What about changes around increasing the time rocket boots work for or reducing the cool down or even making them permanently on like a mount?

Nothing is more annoying that "Oh great, I've got to walk/run again until CD is over".

---Keith

My partner started new toons on another server and had noticed the rocket boost doesn't open even if you have a legacy. She had to get CS to fix this for her. Is this some bug?