Kaggath Battlegrounds Semi-Finals: Republic Resistance vs Republic Reborn

Beniboybling

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not talking about posts you counted that were your own. Im saying that your comments throughout the thread indicated a bias toward a Resistance victory. It's difficult to believe that the Resistance victory that followed was merely coincidence.
You are so very much like your brother, I'm having flashbacks, its not pretty.

I will try to make a constructive argument for how to avoid these types of problems.

Arbiters should be barred from advocating either way. When the arbiter consistently argues for one side then ultimately judges for the same side, it will ALWAYS be difficult to believe they listened to both sides fairly.

Now, to shift everyones rage to me instead... :p

*AoE taunt*

I was moved. :(
I'm going to say it again, I ignored the leadership debate because it was a flame war. Multiple members stated it as such. Beni himself told me to ignore comments that could be considered rude, harassment, etc. I decided it was best to ignore that flame war because of the rude comments that didn't move the debate anywhere.

If people had asked me why I made the decisions I made instead of attacking me for them, this whole thing wouldn't have happened.

(Sorry for bringing you into this, Beni)

No worries, I stand by my decisions. In fact I regularly find myself skimming when people start flaming, nothing much is ever added when it gets to that point.

I will try to make a constructive argument for how to avoid these types of problems.

Arbiters should be barred from advocating either way. When the arbiter consistently argues for one side then ultimately judges for the same side, it will ALWAYS be difficult to believe they listened to both sides fairly.

Personally I don't remember Aurbere arguing heavily for one side... in fact, and perhaps intelligently, he often plays the role of observer during these debates, so I don't really see what your getting at.

This is strongly advised against so yah.

Edited by Beniboybling

Guys, I didn't lose because Aurbere had argued for Rayla the entire match, I lost because he didn't argue for me, there's a difference.

If you felt this strongly about it, you could have posted more instead of letting me face off against Beni and Rayla alone without any support barring someone who's posts ended up not being counted.

To be honest I'm surprised it was that close.

Yeah I disagree with this being you vs the world. My debate against Aurbere was me against others (you included). I had maybe three posts from Warren, and a handful of posts from Silenceo and Wolf.

That's it.

You had much more support than that. Just because it was mainly you doesn't mean you didn't have support. It should be mainly you, it's your faction, not someone else's. They have no obligation to post on behalf of you.

And as for all this rage, I find it a bit pathetic. Have none of you ever had a debate in school? You can't always win, even if you have the "right" answer. WIll bias come in? Inevetably. As my counter so beautifully pointed out, every arbiter has bias. We all have bias. Crying bias does no good, especially in a debate setting. At the very least know that if someone else was arbitrating the result could have been different. Sel, we all know that you favor, and view, OR characters in higher regard. Don't deny it- we all know. That's your bias. Wolf is a OT man. I prefer CW-OT myself. You can say your unbiased all day, but we all know.

Everyone just needs to cool down. Aurbere made his decision- it sucks to lose, but someone has to.

Yeah I disagree with this being you vs the world. My debate against Aurbere was me against others (you included). I had maybe three posts from Warren, and a handful of posts from Silenceo and Wolf.

That's it.

You had much more support than that. Just because it was mainly you doesn't mean you didn't have support. It should be mainly you, it's your faction, not someone else's. They have no obligation to post on behalf of you.

And as for all this rage, I find it a bit pathetic. Have none of you ever had a debate in school? You can't always win, even if you have the "right" answer. WIll bias come in? Inevetably. As my counter so beautifully pointed out, every arbiter has bias. We all have bias. Crying bias does no good, especially in a debate setting. At the very least know that if someone else was arbitrating the result could have been different. Sel, we all know that you favor, and view, OR characters in higher regard. Don't deny it- we all know. That's your bias. Wolf is a OT man. I prefer CW-OT myself. You can say your unbiased all day, but we all know.

Everyone just needs to cool down. Aurbere made his decision- it sucks to lose, but someone has to.

Not only have I successfully competed in debate, I have taught and judged debate. If a judge allows weaker arguments to prevail because of a bias then they shouldn't be judging. I'm telling you that I am qualified to identify a legitimate debate...and this wasn't one. The debate meant nothing to the end result. That is the entire problem.

Not only have I successfully competed in debate, I have taught and judged debate. If a judge allows weaker arguments to prevail because of a bias then they shouldn't be judging. I'm telling you that I am qualified to identify a legitimate debate...and this wasn't one. The debate meant nothing to the end result. That is the entire problem.
I don't think anyone is qualified to determine superior and inferior opinions with absolute accuracy. :confused:

Alright, well, I think we should just move on. Nothing good will come from continuing this line of discussion.

I just hope Sel doesn't take any of this to heart. :(

*The Fist fleet never made it to the battle field, an Inquisitor had sabotaged their nav computers, sending them into a black hole...*

:p

Seriously can't wait for this. :D

Guys, I didn't lose because Aurbere had argued for Rayla the entire match, I lost because he didn't argue for me, there's a difference.

If you felt this strongly about it, you could have posted more instead of letting me face off against Beni and Rayla alone without any support barring someone who's posts ended up not being counted.

To be honest I'm surprised it was that close.

*cough* who supported me? *cough* nobody every supports me *cough*

I think its a preference of Aurbere's not to get heavily involved in the debate, which has been before but there are benefits to distancing yourself from the discussion, and drawbacks from getting too heavily involved.

However I think in the end most of the arguments, at least that I could think of, were covered.

That's it.

The difference is you had the support of the Arbiter, and you also lost. Do you not think if you'd had support you wouldn't have won?

I'm not saying I expect everyone to do it for me, but if I went back and counted the points from Rayla and Beni for their faction, I'd see a minimum of a 50/50 split between the two of them. That's not a bad thing, but it's the reason I lost. It's pretty simple.

Neither of these factions are better than the other, Aurbere himself said he thinks that the Reborn was a better faction, so that's obviously not true. If you don't think Rayla's greatest advantage was the fact she had Beni arguing for her this entire time, I honestly don't know what to tell you.

Oh and for the record, my top 5 favorite characters are Dooku, Shaak Ti, Luminara Unduli, Yoda, and Traya. With close seconds being Obi-Wan Kenobi, Darth Maul, Warlord Zsinj, Mother talzin and Ventress.

I'm not biased towards the OR, (Seriously, I'm the person that's argued Talzin is Sidious level) and as I've said about 19 times now, my original faction was entirely TCW based and far superior to this one. I picked the Reborn because we had a stupidly large amount of Dark Side Factions, and honestly out of curiosity as to how people would handle Revan.

I'd also challenge that every Arbiter has bias. Beni's favorite character is Traya, I lost the first round of the original tournament. I supposedly have a huge bias for OR Era, I judged Kun as the loser of his battle, Everyone here hates Revan yet I somehow won a round. I don't think Aurbere was biased in this, but I do see why people think he was...

*cough* who supported me? *cough* nobody every supports me *cough*

I think its a preference of Aurbere's not to get heavily involved in the debate, which has been before but there are benefits to distancing yourself from the discussion, and drawbacks from getting too heavily involved.

However I think in the end most of the arguments, at least that I could think of, were covered.

Eh, no one was really going against you either.

I backed Karadron, but hardly as forcefully as I usually would. It's not that no one backed me, it was specifically you going against me... I accept that, I'll just have to find creative ways to take Revenge :jawa_evil:

I don't think anyone is qualified to determine superior and inferior opinions with absolute accuracy. :confused:

I didn't say anything about inferior opinions. I can accurately evaluate the quality of an argument. The fact that you don't seem to understand the difference between argument and opinion explains a lot.

Edited by RDeanOU

Aurbere, Wolf is not happy that the Senate Commandos and Infiltrators were not mentioned in the scenario/tally, in general he finds your lack of faith in these awesomesauce soldiers disturbing. :p

Eh, scenario is scenario.

I don't think that's how Aurbere actually thinks it'd happen... At least I hope it isn't. The Exile and Revan's tactics were literally the stark opposite of what they actually do.

Eh, no one was really going against you either.

I backed Karadron, but hardly as forcefully as I usually would. It's not that no one backed me, it was specifically you going against me... I accept that, I'll just have to find creative ways to take Revenge :jawa_evil:

There are literally not enough laugh memes on the internet to express my thoughts on that.

Never, in my entire career of these forums, have I ever experienced such overwhelming opposition in a debate. I mean, I was expecting a good level of opposition, but good god, I thought these people just wanted to dethrone me, it appears they wish me beheaded as well. :p Ah well, measures will be introduced to... suppress, the population. :jawa_evil:

It was fun though. I look forward to the next opportunity to cow my subjects :D