DPS Leaderboard 2.0+

I was going to mention that my 2737 gunnery score earlier in the thread isn't up there but it's nothing new.

Instead I'm going to troll the merc/mando community by posting assault parses using just 5 attacks.

Hotwired - Commando - Assault 5/8/33 - 2702.9

http://www.torparse.com/a/248285/time/1369363543/1369363961/0/Damage+Dealt

It's about 100dps off sinking the highest Gunnery parse posted if an armour debuff is factored in.

I don't have a 72 MH which is important for ranged attacks (80% of the damage) and have 7x69 mods so I reckon its doable.

Edited by Gyronamics

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to mention that my 2737 gunnery score earlier in the thread isn't up there but it's nothing new.

Instead I'm going to troll the merc/mando community by posting assault parses using just 5 attacks.

Hotwired - Commando - Assault 5/8/33 - 2702.9

http://www.torparse.com/a/248285/time/1369363543/1369363961/0/Damage+Dealt

It's about 100dps off sinking the highest Gunnery parse posted if an armour debuff is factored in.

I don't have a 72 MH which is important for ranged attacks (80% of the damage) and have 7x69 mods so I reckon its doable.

I noticed abnormally high critical percentage from your bread and butter ability (CB). Based on your other abilities, I'd say your crit is between 29-31% (feel free to state what it is), which means CB received an extra 10% crit from RNG. According to my calculations, that abnormally high crit percentage 70% versus 60% resulted in around 200 more DPS. The interesting thing about classes where a single ability makes up the majority of their damage, means that RNG on that ability alone can have huge swings upon their overall DPS. Probably similar to what the Jug/Guard's were talking about with master strike.

Well, you did succeed... Problem is, the parses you did with all the abilities were lower than the one you did with these 5 abillities. I don't think you really intended to limit yourself, just so turns out those 5 abilities are all you really need. I tested assault last night, unbufffed and compared it to gunnery. I found the damage was more consistent with fewer abilities (the ones you used)... It was more... steady, so to speak. It also only slightly trailed gunnery. Definitely a viable spec, but I don't like it.

Edited by Arch_Angel_Gabe

Yes, stripping assault down and focusing on highly talented and buffed attacks only causes it to improve immensely.

My crit rate is 36.57 plus 30% double stacked set bonus.

It is not a significantly hot parse at 70% crit vs the tooltip value of 66,57% on that specific attack.

Difference of less than 5%

But yes, anything affecting the major attack on which everything revolves and which has exceptional critical stats will cause the whole parse to vary significantly.

Edited by Gyronamics

Yes, stripping assault down and focusing on highly talented and buffed attacks only causes it to improve immensely.

My crit rate is 36.57 plus 30% double stacked set bonus.

It is not a significantly hot parse at 70% crit vs the tooltip value of 66,57% on that specific attack.

Difference of less than 5%

But yes, anything affecting the major attack on which everything revolves and which has exceptional critical stats will cause the whole parse to vary significantly.

Wow, that is very high crit. It might cause me to re-think crit rating. I am guessing with base crit that high, that you are also stacking surge even at a slight expense to accuracy? (you missed a few attacks) Be interesting if you would post your stats. I never thought a 36% base crit would be all that great, especially with all the haters right now hating on crit. I know auto-crit classes have a reason to hate it, which is perfectly logical, but maybe I'll have to rethink this a bit.

No. You should be stacking power unless you're planning on following me and given the downsides of Assault I'm not advising that.

Assault has +30% crit damage on everything I'm using except ENet and default attack.

92.86% of my damage output is from attacks which crit for over 200% damage. My crit multi is at 72.3 which combined with +30% talent is 202.3% damage on crit.

Gunnery has +30% crit damage on Full Auto only which is about 30-35% of total damage, stacking for crit and surge will not be beneficial.

Accuracy is 99.33 by accident when I lost some stats in a new ear and I'm musing over increasing it again.

I still have my power mods in inventory for respeccing back to Gunnery because I know the limitations and it's unlikely Assault will see NiM with me.

Edited by Gyronamics

No. You should be stacking power unless you're planning on following me and given the downsides of Assault I'm not advising that.

Assault has +30% crit damage on everything I'm using except ENet and default attack.

92.86% of my damage output is from attacks which crit for over 200% damage. My crit multi is at 72.3 which combined with +30% talent is 202.3% damage on crit.

Gunnery has +30% crit damage on Full Auto only which is about 30-35% of total damage, stacking for crit and surge will not be beneficial.

Accuracy is 99.33 by accident when I lost some stats in a new ear and I'm musing over increasing it again.

I still have my power mods in inventory for respeccing back to Gunnery because I know the limitations and it's unlikely Assault will see NiM with me.

Thanks for the input. Good stuff here.

I got into an argument with a guild mate who basically said an assault VG couldn't break 2300. I came close, but I felt that I won the argument, because I am nowhere near BIS. I am certain a VG can hit 2500ish in Assault Spec if running BIS. Granted, other classes are doing more... But I did find that the VG can keep up on operations with other classes. I believe I made two mistakes, but they were minor.

Blackbox - Vanguard - Assault - 8/7/31 - 2286 Link

66 Barrel

66 Hilt

Bonus Damage = 1327

100%/110% Accuracy

22% Ranged Crit/28% Tech Crit

Aim 2948

DG Boundless Ages

EWH Boundless Ages

3 L55 Augs, 11L50 Augs

Edited by Arch_Angel_Gabe

yeah GCD and combat lag has gotten worse since last patch. There are other threads blaming it on the collections system etc. I wish they would fix it my dps parses have been taking big hits.

As a marauder, I've noticed 3 forms of this lag (while having 100ms latency or less)-

Carnage- skill activates, consumes GCD without actually doing anything resulting in a 3 sec GCD.

Annihilation- classic server lag feeling where skills stick and don't activate immediately, results in at leqst a 2 sec gcd.

Both specs-stutter lag where a GCD begins, then as the next skill is queued, the GCD resets, resulting in ~2 sec GCD.

These problems seem to be way worse with combat logging running, implying there's a problem woth combat logging and server. I haven't been able to parse on the dummy in any meaningful way the past week or two as these screw ups are totally random.

Could you guys post your latency as well?

Hmm i can say for pizza'dah'hutt merc guildie that his latency is.. amazing :) But seriously though ~50 MS for those in US west coast >_<

Edited by paowee

The diference between the classes are astonishing, it's ok that only one assassin answered, but really there are folks taking 3k+ of dps and the best aassassin can do is 1850 or so. Ridiculous. Everyone is crying out loud that assassin is op, so let me tell you a few things as an sin myself, we have very low dps, the lowest armor rating, we burst, YUPI, 4 secondslater you're worst than a tank, we depend on a skill that envolves the target is on his back, so the disapointment is that in a boss a tank jugg with deflection actually is a 10 times best dps than you are, marauders with monkey tree in pvp will always do more damage, operatives can easly kill ou in stun lock sins cannot, healers can heal themselves to full before i get out of stun lock, as for survivability, well mercs have their shields and can heal themselves, marauders have an abusive shield of invencibility witch the can easily use to get out of combat, jugs are indeed invencible, klling a sorc is a piece of work in pvp an interupable buble that stays longr than the time needed fo door to open. mercs ca be broken in pvp but are exelent on pve, so why was there a nerf so big on the sin?

Btw before all the hate comes I play with a sin indeed, but also a merc a sniper and a marauder.

Edited by Torcatoth

Still not there, Ark, but I'm starting to have slightly better luck in the opening 5 minutes at least. Only 22% on Ravage, too, so plenty of room for more procs.

Lift - Juggernaut - 4/36/6 Vengeance - 2824.92

Damn, thats some lucky start. Saber Throw crit, all 3 Ravage hits crit, Impale crit, Ravage proc with another 7k crit on the last hit, Vicious Throw proc and lastly another Impale crit. ~65% crit chance on your attacks (ignoring the bleeds)

Edited by Baliian

Still not there, Ark, but I'm starting to have slightly better luck in the opening 5 minutes at least. Only 22% on Ravage, too, so plenty of room for more procs.

Lift - Juggernaut - 4/36/6 Vengeance - 2824.92

I need to start parsing again with a different setup. I made the mistake of buying a damage proc relic because in theory it can out dps a click relic and... no such luck. I need to go back to my DG click relic in the meantime, and need 2 MORE relic tokens now /sigh

Damn, thats some lucky start. Saber Throw crit, all 3 Ravage hits crit, Impale crit, Ravage proc with another 7k crit on the last hit, Vicious Throw proc and lastly another Impale crit. ~65% crit chance on your attacks (ignoring the bleeds)

Yeah, V.Throw and Impale stayed kinda high over the whole parse, but you can see I only crit on 9 of my next 57 Ravage ticks. :mad: