Artifice - Where to Find a White Lightsaber Crystal (And other rares)

WraithAscendant

StephenReid

Unfortunately the actions of the player in question were intentional and deliberate. As well as the item being removed, further action was taken on this player's account. This was not an 'easy exploit', and not something the average player might 'stumble upon'.

Beyond that, we will not be commenting further - either on the player's method of obtaining the crystal or actions on their account.

Right now, it is not possible to legitimately obtain a White Lightsaber Crystal in the game through any gameplay method. In the future, it will be possible to legitimately obtain. When that day comes, we'll let you know so you can go about obtaining the crystal for your characters.

Again, we apologize for not commenting sooner as our investigation was ongoing.

So here it is. White crystal is not ingame at all currently. It seems catch somehow hacked i belive into game database or got soem GM help. Ether way sadly we have to settle with magenta for now :/

Close this thread?

NO! This is not JUST for white! Go read OP please *facepalm*

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn :( been following this thread for a while and was very optimistic.

Dont worry, i bet this time 2moro we will be all chasing around voss looking for a click-able blade of white grass because a dead jawas head was pointing towards it. :)

Dont worry, i bet this time 2moro we will be all chasing around voss looking for a click-able blade of white grass because a dead jawas head was pointing towards it. :)

Hey I enjoy any small puzzle. Its why games like portal and the like keep me busy if im not on here.

Hello all - you've obviously already seen my other post regarding the appearance of the White Lightsaber Crystal.

I'm sorry the end result of this 'red herring' has disappointed a lot of people; all we can do is apologize here and set the record straight.

I talked to the development team regarding this and I wanted to reassure all of you who are looking for this crystal that it will be available in the game eventually. At this time we can't give you any more information on when that will happen or how the crystal will ultimately be obtained, but rest assured when it's able to be found, we'll let you know (but depending on the method of obtaining it, we might not give you a road map!).

To WraithAscendant: thanks for starting and maintaining this thread, as a lot of people have gotten enjoyment out of it! I appreciate you updated the original post - you might also want to change the thread title. :) (If you have issues with that, let us know.)

Hello all - you've obviously already seen my other post regarding the appearance of the White Lightsaber Crystal.

I'm sorry the end result of this 'red herring' has disappointed a lot of people; all we can do is apologize here and set the record straight.

I talked to the development team regarding this and I wanted to reassure all of you who are looking for this crystal that it will be available in the game eventually. At this time we can't give you any more information on when that will happen or how the crystal will ultimately be obtained, but rest assured when it's able to be found, we'll let you know (but depending on the method of obtaining it, we might not give you a road map!).

To WraithAscendant: thanks for starting and maintaining this thread, as a lot of people have gotten enjoyment out of it! I appreciate you updated the original post - you might also want to change the thread title. :) (If you have issues with that, let us know.)

Thank you so much for the reply in both threads. One awesome thing I think even the devs could take from these threads is the things people come up with. A lot of the stuff we tried was probably never thought of by bioware, but would be awesome little puzzles. Would be awesome if the Devs combed through these types of threads and found some cool ideas for puzzles later on in the game.

Yea good job Wraith for keeping this post going.So well that a Dev just called u out on it :)

I suggest changing the thread title to Queen of Sands Hunt.Unless the devs want to step in and say that boss isnt implimented completely ingame yet either

I say we start a new thread for that so it doesn't get lost in this thread about crystals. Wraith, any chance you would like to do that? You are obviously much better at organizing threads than many of us here.

I say we start a new thread for that so it doesn't get lost in this thread about crystals. Wraith, any chance you would like to do that? You are obviously much better at organizing threads than many of us here.

Agreed. This thread is already due for a remake since it hit 1k+.

Maybe name it 'The hunt for rares in the galaxy!'

This will including anything rare that we can search for :)

It would have killed them to just tell us that it wasn't available yet? They knew there was a massive interest in the white crystal, but rather than address that before things got out of hand, they let hundreds, perhaps thousands of players waste weeks searching every planet and eventually ended up with someone obtaining it through illegitimate means and had to do/say something?

I find myself regretting that six month subscription now. I can tolerate, or work around, the problems, but this was just mean-spirited, sadistic and malicious. Or incredibly stupid. Either way, it doesn't inspire confidence in me, nor encourage me to resubscribe when that initial subscription lapses.

Agreed. This thread is already due for a remake since it hit 1k+.

Maybe name it 'The hunt for rares in the galaxy!'

This will including anything rare that we can search for :)

I like your thinking! That could even get itself stickied permanently

It would have killed them to just tell us that it wasn't available yet? They knew there was a massive interest in the white crystal, but rather than address that before things got out of hand, they let hundreds, perhaps thousands of players waste weeks searching every planet and eventually ended up with someone obtaining it through illegitimate means and had to do/say something?

I find myself regretting that six month subscription now. I can tolerate, or work around, the problems, but this was just mean-spirited, sadistic and malicious. Or incredibly stupid. Either way, it doesn't inspire confidence in me, nor encourage me to resubscribe when that initial subscription lapses.

It broke over a weekend. They do not post much if at all over weekends.. not only that, but you are never allowed to talk about something that is being investigated. Even to ease the fans. The only way allowable is from the men at the top and they were busy investigating.

Thanks for the reply, it means alot to have some official standing on this rather than have others flaunt about with illegitimate gains. As you said, I have had enough Red herring for the year (might go make some steak). As for the Title, yes I HAVE had issues changing that. I had tried to change it to "Artifice - Rare Crystal locations and Guides" But it does not seem to take effect. Would you be so kind as to fix that, and maybe a sticky?

So guys I spent maybe 2hrs reading the entire thread lol. It was enjoyable IMO and sad that it ended the way it did. One thing that I HOPE the devs read is this:

I was on prophecy of the five last night, when sum1 asked about the white crystal. I responded saying that it was from the alderran world boss (but then removed). Catch then responded in general chat that I was wrong and he then LINKED the actual crystal in general chat. Since he linked it, it had to b an in game item. Knowing this devs, catch hacked to obtain the crystal link.

Thank you so much for the reply in both threads. One awesome thing I think even the devs could take from these threads is the things people come up with. A lot of the stuff we tried was probably never thought of by bioware, but would be awesome little puzzles. Would be awesome if the Devs combed through these types of threads and found some cool ideas for puzzles later on in the game.

No promises... but we're always watching! :)

I suggest changing the thread title to Queen of Sands Hunt.Unless the devs want to step in and say that boss isnt implimented completely ingame yet either

Here I go, killing your buzz again....

'Queen of Sands' is indeed not in-game... yet. I would venture a guess that you discovered that boss through a datamining site. As a general hint, do not assume everything you read on those sites is currently in-game, especially if there do not seem to be any quests linked to the item.

Again, confirmed by development - 'Queen of Sands' will make an appearance eventually, but we cannot confirm exactly when or how at this point.

No promises... but we're always watching! :)

Here I go, killing your buzz again....

'Queen of Sands' is indeed not in-game... yet. I would venture a guess that you discovered that boss through a datamining site. As a general hint, do not assume everything you read on those sites is currently in-game, especially if there do not seem to be any quests linked to the item.

Again, confirmed by development - 'Queen of Sands' will make an appearance eventually, but we cannot confirm exactly when or how at this point.

Buzzkill!

In all seriousness though, thank you for telling us this as well. It will save many pointless hour of searching for no reason. Only one thing to ask now. What other mysteries are in game as of now or have we figured them all out ;)

Yes its a buzzkill.But nonetheless i appreciate u replying to my post and confirming that it is not ingame yet.I know it will spare some the time of searching for yet again something that isnt ingame yet.

On another note.Some people might say that TOR lacks endgame content.But imo,puzzles like these,and like the +10 datacron and Magenta crystal ARE endgame content.And as far as i know,a type of endgame content no other MMO has.Feeling like a treasure hunter is exciting and a rare adrenaline rush.Keep the puzzles coming

StephenReid, while you are commenting, can you confirm or deny that reverse engineering items that require alien data cubes or biometric crystal alloys for the cybertech earpieces can generate better versions of the item?

You mention datamining sites. These items have better versions on those sites. I CAN reverse engineer them, but I've never learned a better recipe. I've used 12 biometric alloys so far on BoP earpieces with no luck.

Am I wasting my mats? I would really like someone to answer this....

It broke over a weekend. They do not post much if at all over weekends.. not only that, but you are never allowed to talk about something that is being investigated. Even to ease the fans. The only way allowable is from the men at the top and they were busy investigating.

Game's been live for seven weeks. The drama festival over the last day is just the tail end of this situation. If they could discern the legitimacy of that one incident within 24 hours, they were easily capable of figuring it out at any point within the last seven weeks and simply saying so. They didn't do that. They waited until it blew up in their faces, then addressed the problem. They created the situation by not telling anyone that there was no white crystal in the game yet, they compounded the situation by allowing speculation, interest and frenzy to grow about it... and here we are, almost two months later, just now learning what they should have told us in the first week that this thread sat on the first page of the Crew Skills forum, bumped over and over again by players desperate to find that one thing that they wanted most, that lovely, perfect white crystal.

I'm just not cool with that, and I'm not buying the "they were investigating" or "they couldn't mention it yet" reasoning. They knew how hotly many of us were anticipating a white crystal, they had plenty of time to say something before it came to this and they just didn't. Not acceptable.