Pirouette

Ramalina

I present a

Perhaps one more because scouts shouldn't get to have all the

After some consideration, and with a bit of inspiration from a comment Drakkolich made during his GSF birthday event this spring, I decided that instead of complaining (or at the very least, in addition to complaining) about the lack of GSF development I should do something about it.

Like for example decide to try making a GSF tutorial level. It's a rather largish project for, "in my spare time," but the mesh objects are the easy part and after 2 months of being on the low priority ToDo list I've finally gotten around to rendering and uploading for display a couple of WIP mesh animations.

I'm hoping to have things moving in-engine by Nov or Dec, and possibly things resembling UIs and/or weapon fire by March or so. Subject to several months of schedule creep for things like being distracted by passing butterflies.

With great luck, I might even have something that's actually useful as a tutorial before the SWTOR servers shut down.

Edited by Ramalina

So I've organized things into a youtube

, where I'll try to post a WIP tidbit every one to two weeks or so as things progress. Subject to interruptions for things like holidays or just plain forgetting to update.

@ Drakkolich: The comment was when someone asked you about having a 70th birthday GSF event. The general consensus was that shooting you down 70 times would take an awfully long time, but you did say something along the lines of, "I hope they still have GSF when I'm 70."

I think that GSF is a (very unfinished) gem of a game, and that it would be pretty cool to still have it around in some form that far in the future. I also think that BW or its successors are very unlikely to make that happen.

Full disclosure, this is not really a clone of GSF any more than the part-frog dinosaurs in Jurassic Park were clones.

For a bunch of mostly technical reasons I can't truly clone GSF (which is actually very good for me in terms of intellectual property issues), and being very much an engineer in some ways, there's no hope that any GSF analogue that I make will be free of "improvements." Case in point, I already have the Tier 4 strike mesh almost complete. However, I am aiming for a pretty much 1:1 mapping of gameplay feel and piloting skill.

At any rate, this is probably the last post I'll do about it here pending actual playable tutorial content in a state I'm willing to release. To follow how things are going between now and then just check up on the youtube channel once a month or so.

I present a

Like for example decide to try making a GSF tutorial level. It's a rather largish project for, "in my spare time," but the mesh objects are the easy part and after 2 months of being on the low priority ToDo list I've finally gotten around to rendering and uploading for display a couple of WIP mesh animations.

With great luck, I might even have something that's actually useful as a tutorial before the SWTOR servers shut down.

WTB Tattoo Artist =) I want this on my buttcheek :D

understand people, this guy is not EA :o if it is anyone's full time job to fix / expand on things like this in swtor, what the hell do they do all day long xD