They changed my gears color!

OpTiMaTeZ

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it helps anything at all

I worked hard to get the Voss mystic set - and when I ended up matching colors with other pieces of gear, it always turned blue!

Miralukan body type 3 - it drove me nuts that any pants I put on turned blue (consular campaign pants specifically) when the chest piece was white. The same for gloves, helmet, and the such. I was hoping they would all turn white, but they were blue.

I noticed this months ago. I would like it if this was corrected at the same time as fixing the chest piece.

Shouldn't have washed it with the new jeans.

Two things.

1) this quoted comment nailed it. good stuff.

2) Good response by the community team, this is the kind of issue they can monitor the forums to find, and get direct feedback to the devs. Certainly not a gamebreaking or high importance fix, but good to know they are paying attention. Kudos.

And as an aside, add color change to each armor piece, either as something players can do or an armortech/slicer or something to that effect. Give us access to the color wheel.

Trust me...color change is Bioware's friend.

+1

The real question should be when?

Can I just say that I REALY like this new deco?

I was wearing the Voss Mystic Robe as a placeholder because I couldn't find the custom Consular gear I wanted,(Either the Ultratech chest piece, or a custom version of the "Prototype Tholcorp Clusterweave Coat"), but this new Voss coloration is great. If only I could put the hood down manually then it'd be perfect.

White/Blue is probably my favorite color combo.

Can I just say that I REALY like this new deco?

I was wearing the Voss Mystic Robe as a placeholder because I couldn't find the custom Consular gear I wanted,(Either the Ultratech chest piece, or a custom version of the "Prototype Tholcorp Clusterweave Coat"), but this new Voss coloration is great. If only I could put the hood down manually then it'd be perfect.

White/Blue is probably my favorite color combo.

Hopefully in the future they'll make it so that we can change the colours on pieces of armour. (Everyone's going to say "oh, you GW2 fangirl" - actually a dye system is something I've always wanted since playing the first Guild Wars. I simple believe it's a simple and effective way of having greater character customisation and player choice. I'm always disappointed when I find a game that doesn't allow colour changes like that.)

Ever since the Voss set first came out and color matching was introduced the chest piece was always white and the color matched pieces were blue, if this was an oversight on their part then they should have mentioned it in the release notes. Most people, including myself bought the Voss chestpiece due to it being white, and I actually liked the fact it color matched blue so my fugly BH pants went blue and were not putrid green. Since, we will probably never get an answer I will just have to find another set I like, or wait till they release a "soon to be coming" dye system for a bazillion cartel coins, of course the popular colors like black and white will be the most expensive.

Please, I beg of you ladies and gentlemen.

Can we at least make an attempt to transition from this endless negativity and downward speculation and at least give these folks a chance?

I understand the expectation is that once something is coded, unless someone touches that code, nothing related to that element should ever change again, but that isn't how a complex development beast like this works. Something seemingly unrelated done over there can have weird effects over here, and if the developers in question don't have that particular thing in mind, say one of them having that Voss Mystic chest piece and realizing, "Hey, that's wrong", and someone in the office doesn't come over and say, "Hey, what's with the new blue thing?", then these developers are counting on us to fill out bug reports and bring it to someone's attention.

Not everything is some stupid decision made just to piss off the players. I really hope we can finally get to some level of understanding about this eventually.

The "they just do this and don't ask anyone", and "now we'll have to use cartel coins to use a dye system", and "we'll never get an answer" stuff just doesn't belong. It just doesn't belong.

To Joveth... thanks for the update. As always, it's much appreciated.

Hi folks, as an update to this, we have confirmed that this is indeed a bug and we are working on getting a resolution to this as soon as possible. Thank you!

Because it was the last post on a page and nobody reads those...Here is the final word.

Star Trek Online did this very same thing. Changed the Cloaking graphics from a realistic cloaking effect and turned it to purple. Ticked me off so much I stopped playing that game.

2 post later...

Never had this issue with any other MMO I have ever played.

You have confused me.

Edited by FontusSW

Why are you confused? You don;t know the difference between a piece of armor and a graphic special effect? If need be, I can send you a private message and give you definitions.

No i was confused because you said Star Trek Online did this very same thing, and then said you never had this issue with any other MMO you have ever played.

I should have rather asked,

If you never had this issue with any other MMO you have played, how can you say that you experienced the very same thing in Star Trek Online?

Maybe i misunderstood (in that case my bad) but it reads like you were contradicting yourself.

Edited by FontusSW

No i was confused because you said Star Trek Online did this very same thing, and then said you never had this issue with any other MMO you have ever played.

I should have rather asked,

If you never had this issue with any other MMO you have played, how can you say that you experienced the very same thing in Star Trek Online?

Maybe i misunderstood (in that case my bad) but it reads like you were contradicting yourself.

Meh, there was some slight contradiction there, but my point was more focused on clothing rather than a special effect. It was a bad comparison on my part more than a contradiction.

It would be nice if a dev commented and let us know what the deal is, because im not wearing blue around all the time. Do i need to find a new gear set or wait for dye?

Are they going to offer a dye system? I thought that was not possible for them to code?

Maybe they will add a dye ablity, though when you try to use it, the item turns the wrong color ! ;)

Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez

Hi folks, as an update to this, we have confirmed that this is indeed a bug and we are working on getting a resolution to this as soon as possible. Thank you!

In case you guys missed it

Edited by Evensong