On the pts imp side. need more to test arenas!

reaverknight

rofl I guess u can just troll the forums instead

Ok ill put my Cpt Serious hat on.. While I was trolling a bit, I am actually quite serious about that question.

What is there to "test"? Are any of us on BW payroll? Why are consumers soo fixated on testing a company's product?

Before BW releases any patch, it has gone through more than enough testing, at least in their eyes. Unless you are a blogger or guide writer, PTS is a waste of time after the first few days, when all the warts are exposed and has little or nothing to do with actual game testing.

Just ask people to log so you can play more arenas. Simple and straight to the point..

The major problems with the current PTS build have already been found, and feedback has already been given. Its not like bioware will listen to any of it tho; there is very little point to the PTS other than to demo new content.x

This. There is no point in wasting time in PTS now until there is a new build with changes based on feedback.

Really?

1) Everyone here will be using it - we already paid for it.

2) So that people here can know WTH they are talking about WRT PvP class balance.

LOL. So you think its is a good thing to pay someone to test if their **** works? LOL

Player activity, which could be called "testing", is far more valuable in Live than on the PTS anyway. Most people on the PTS are on for self-ambition. There are plenty of balance issues already in Live, what makes you think its any different on the PTS, when no real changes have been made in that arena? Yes pun intended...

The major problems with the current PTS build have already been found, and feedback has already been given. Its not like bioware will listen to any of it tho; there is very little point to the PTS other than to demo new content.x

yup because they make very little changes from PTS to here. LOOK on the pvp forums and you can see the big problems already

Ok ill put my Cpt Serious hat on.. While I was trolling a bit, I am actually quite serious about that question.

What is there to "test"? Are any of us on BW payroll? Why are consumers soo fixated on testing a company's product?

Before BW releases any patch, it has gone through more than enough testing, at least in their eyes. Unless you are a blogger or guide writer, PTS is a waste of time after the first few days, when all the warts are exposed and has little or nothing to do with actual game testing.

Just ask people to log so you can play more arenas. Simple and straight to the point..

Nah man, when im asking people to test its not for bioware. Ive been playin mmo's for over a decade, in other words long enough to know they will listen to little if anything we post. The testing I refer to is for personal testing. checking out the arenas, getting a feel for their dynamics and so on. As far as getting paid to test they have people they pay to test already and their qualifications go beyond being able to play the game. not to say theyre great or anything just more qualified than most of us.

LOL. So you think its is a good thing to pay someone to test if their **** works?

Oh, no. I'm not doing for Bioware.

I see the point of PTS as a test as much for BW as for ourselves - so we can test what we like, what we should do, what to roll, what to spec. Get some experience before we get ranked.

There are plenty of balance issues already in Live, what makes you think its any different on the PTS,

I don't need to think. I play there as it is.

Oh, no. I'm not doing for Bioware.

I see the point of PTS as a test as much for BW as for ourselves - so we can test what we like, what we should do, what to roll, what to spec. Get some experience before we get ranked.

I don't need to think. I play there as it is.

Well this is my point. Making a call to players to come "test" is absurd.. It is merely practice for ones with self-ambition and has nothing to do with **** mechanics or things being broke. Plus, you can practice arenas in Live now, besides terrain differences that probably don't matter anyway, you can DM now in 8v8.

Just ask all the healers I been trolling in lowbie.

Plus, you can practice arenas in Live now, besides terrain differences that probably don't matter anyway, you can DM now in 8v8.

That's not nearly the same.

Terrain does matter, spawn order does matter, playing the acid does matter, being a real match instead of "OK guys, so... let's go? [bang] Hey, I thought we weren't going yet!" does matter.

That's not nearly the same.

Terrain does matter, spawn order does matter, playing the acid does matter, being a real match instead of "OK guys, so... let's go? [bang] Hey, I thought we weren't going yet!" does matter.

That stuff is minor, but the point remains, you want more practice. Not to "test" things. Its glorified practice for those that feel they need an advantage before things go Live. I rerolled a Mara as soon as they announced Arenas. I didn't need to practice on the PTS to know that they were required in that setting. Live 8v8 is a much better situation for training anyway, especially for DPS. With all the cross healing, you can grow ur chops in a situation that is much harder to navigate. Just forgo all objectives and concentrate on you own personal zerg or Heeps.

Edited by L-RANDLE

Live 8v8 is a much better situation for training anyway, especially for DPS. With all the cross healing, you can grow ur chops in a situation that is much harder to navigate. Just forgo all objectives and concentrate on you own personal zerg or Heeps.

There is one "small" difference.

You don't die in WZ. Not normally. Unless you're heals or capping a node, and in pug regs even if, you'll often find no one actively trying to kill you. Pew-pew, orbitals and smashes around the node so it can't be grabbed, but rarely clear intent to kill.

In Arenas, it's kill and/or be killed.

The defense component is completely different. As a WZ tank, I can largely disregard my survival, just stealing damage away from the team, leaping in everyone's face and generally being as big a pain in the butt as I can be, so they fluff their DPS on me instead of someone important. As a WZ DPS, the extent to which I care about my survival is entirely proportional to the door timer ticks plus the time to run to my node, and sometimes I'll suicide by pub just as a shortcut to the spawn point. As a WZ healer, I still have to play objectives first, just remember to throw around some HoT probes and occasionally focus heal someone that really needs it. A long (or not so long) stun, that's all a warzone death is.

It's really a very different game. As a healed tank, players will often ignore you in favor of someone else once they see your hp isn't going down. As a DPS you can often go the whole WZ without dying not because your heals and tanks were good or you were so careful, but simply because you couldn't be leaped, were in an inconvenient position to reach on foot and didn't make yourself a target through ninja capping.

In an Arena, you won't be fear focused for standing near a node. You won't be revenge focused for breaking someone's cap last second. You will be focused for being the easiest to kill, not for being the most important. Using LoS and heal-guard management to cut down on incoming damage or keep it from being lethal becomes incredibly important. It's the defense game that wins arenas more so than the focus game.

Edited by B-Dick

There is one "small" difference.

You don't die in WZ. Not normally. Unless you're heals or capping a node, and in pug regs even if, you'll often find no one actively trying to kill you. Pew-pew, orbitals and smashes around the node so it can't be grabbed, but rarely clear intent to kill.

In Arenas, it's kill and/or be killed.

The defense component is completely different. As a WZ tank, I can largely disregard my survival, just stealing damage away from the team, leaping in everyone's face and generally being as big a pain in the butt as I can be, so they fluff their DPS on me instead of someone important. As a WZ DPS, the extent to which I care about my survival is entirely proportional to the door timer ticks plus the time to run to my node, and sometimes I'll suicide by pub just as a shortcut to the spawn point. As a WZ healer, I still have to play objectives first, just remember to throw around some HoT probes and occasionally focus heal someone that really needs it. A long (or not so long) stun, that's all a warzone death is.

It's really a very different game. As a healed tank, players will often ignore you in favor of someone else once they see your hp isn't going down. As a DPS you can often go the whole WZ without dying not because your heals and tanks were good or you were so careful, but simply because you couldn't be leaped, were in an inconvenient position to reach on foot and didn't make yourself a target through ninja capping.

In an Arena, you won't be fear focused for standing near a node. You won't be revenge focused for breaking someone's cap last second. You will be focused for being the easiest to kill, not for being the most important. Using LoS and heal-guard management to cut down on incoming damage or keep it from being lethal becomes incredibly important. It's the defense game that wins arenas more so than the focus game.

Which is why, as an individual player, training in live is better because NO one really is in the focus game in regs. Arenas have never been about defense, its about winning your assigned matchup, in a timely fashion or locking down your opponent in your assigned matchup. Much like the Rakata guard bosses on EV..

This means your own personal zerg is more important and heals training can be as simple as dropping guard and using LoS more. Face it, healers don't actually need to LoS in Live, but what is stopping you from practicing this?

Which is why, as an individual player, training in live is better because NO one really is in the focus game in regs. Arenas have never been about defense, its about winning your assigned matchup...

It's very different. I can't spare the time to explain it all over again. Do you actively play Arenas?

In 8v8, focus comes and goes, it's not full-time. Maintaining focus uptime is something ranked teams work on. Surviving focus in ranked is very difficult, there can be as many as 5 DPS on you, and a lot of the time a properly focused target just dies. It's not fatal when it happens, you just rez.

In 4v4 arenas, focus is a given. You will be focused. It's very easy for a 4-group in TDM to pick a target to burn and stick with it. And you have to be ready to survive it, however you can, whatever the cost.

It is a game of defense. You have to be at higher average hp and better turtled when the acid comes. You want a kill to get you to that point better, but it's optional. Pssive defense (composition, guard), active defense (ccs, interrupts), reactive defense (taunts, cooldowns, heals), whatever it takes to survive in better shape.

Face it, healers don't actually need to LoS in Live, but what is stopping you from practicing this?

You might as well practice in operations. Hey, at least you'll get that loot to sell, and your DPS or healing rotation is about the same, isn't it?