Questions about Slicing and Armstech

DarthVoi

1) What materials does Slicing get you, anyway? heard it's primarily a money-making profession but doesn't actually make or collect anything for other professions?

2) Torhead suggests that Armstech make barrel, weapons, and augmentations, is it a good profession? Once I get orange weapon only the barrel is worthwhile, no? The augment requires you to have an augmented gear (crit) first, not sure how often that'd be.

Slicing gets you Prototype & Artifact quality Augment components, as well as some recipes and ALL CRAFTING MISSIONS (very, very important!)

My Number One job for SCORPIO, my only companion with a Slicing Crit Bonus, is to farm Moderate missions for crits that score Crafting Missions. For Grade 6 Artifact quality ingredients, it is the EASIEST way to grind for those!

Armstech ALSO makes off-hand items for some classes - vibroknives and shotguns - and some unique weapons for companions - ... what's-it that Qyzen and Vector use?

Slicing gets you Prototype & Artifact quality Augment components, as well as some recipes and ALL CRAFTING MISSIONS (very, very important!)

My Number One job for SCORPIO, my only companion with a Slicing Crit Bonus, is to farm Moderate missions for crits that score Crafting Missions. For Grade 6 Artifact quality ingredients, it is the EASIEST way to grind for those!

Armstech ALSO makes off-hand items for some classes - vibroknives and shotguns - and some unique weapons for companions - ... what's-it that Qyzen and Vector use?

Yes, now that you can RE vibroknives, armstech has some usefulness. Before that, it was quite useless.