Allow rebinding of fire buttons

Rusah

First of all i love the new GSF, but unfortunately the same problems with the old space missions is making the new GSF just as unplayable for m.

I have had this issue with the space pve missions since coming here. But since the space missions up to now were minor it was not such a big deal. But now with GSF is is not a minor problem.

Like many i am a laptop user, so i have to have one finger controlling movement while forcing another back to use the fire buttons, this makes it too difficult to maneuver and fire at the same time.

To add onto this i cannot use my joystick either. I can use the logitech profiler to set keys on it to work as the mouse buttons but cannot mimic the mouse movements on the stick itself. While this allows me to aim and move at once, it does not leave a hand free for the other GSF abilities.

We can rebind the ability buttons and mst other things, please make it so we can rebind the fire buttons. Adding this in would allow people in my position to play as well as opening up customization for those that want it, and add in the bonus of people being able to play fully, whatever their setup is.

Luckily logitech have pads that can be mapped to mouse axis, and from binding mouse buttons to the joystick which worked in game, i am fairly confident that if i get a logitech with mouse mapping in the profiler i can transfer the controls to a pad.

But it seems a bit harsh that trackpad users have to spend extra cash on equipment to play any of the space elements without issues, when all that is needed to fix the issue is rebind on the firing keys. This is not a new issue either, but with the advent of GSF it is one i believe needs addressing.

Buy a Desktop/Mouse = Problem solved. Normal USB mice can be found at like a salvation army store for 2$. Stop being cheap and lazy.

Not a case of laziness or cheapness, id ask that people not judge what i am like as a person when they do not know me.

As for buying a desktop pc i don't have that kind of cash so that is not an option. I have things like bills and rent to pay. As for the mouse i have one but see below for why i cannot use it

I have a very small flat, i have to use my laptop placed on a wooden board on my matress as i do not have space for a computer table, or a normal table for that matter. While the board protects from the heat issue, it is not a level and sturdy placement, and as such is not good for a mouse. I should know i have tried it. A slightly curved matress and mouse movements do not go well together.

Try using a mouse on an uneven surface that shifts as you move, it is just as bad as the trackpad controls issue.

Edited by Rusah