Farming "The Unusual Egg"

Locrinus

It's an mmorpg. In my opinion, not everything should be equally obtainable.

Should not everything be obtainable though because certain people will use unscrupulous tactics and continue to take it over and over again? Or should it not be unattainable to everybody because it takes sheer luck or a skill to obtain? Which is the distinction that is trying to be made here.

Of course some ignorant people will read that or other similar sentiments and say "So you feel entitled to it then?" on short no I/we don't. We just think that using aforementioned tactics should be stopped so everyone actually has a chance if they so choose.

Edited by Hyfy

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's moments like these I'm glad i'm on a PVP server.. (well apart from that I got the egg about an hour after the servers came back online after 1.2 was implemented.... when nobody knew about it)

I'm not entirely sure the egg 'needs' to be bop. I mean, the area you need to go to is not exactly reachable for low lvl chars and I'd like to get it for my alts eventually. they should make it bol, if anything... :(

they won't farm the egg forever. either people will somehow manage to get the egg before them, or people will stop buying it. (so in short blame the people on your server who pay them!)

Edited by amnie

Many of the core concepts in this game and society in general are sick. The emphasis on owning stuff is pretty warped and as you can see it fosters seriously bad behavior - in game and in the world.

That said, it should be one egg per character. They did it with crons, why not the egg?

After having a frustrating time trying to get the egg since the launch of 1.2, I strongly believe that Bioware needs to make the unusual egg, Bind on Pickup. For starters, the egg isn't even rare. It spawns every few hours. It isn't like some of the pets in WoW prior to Cataclysm where you had to kill mobs aimlessly because a pet had like a 0.1% chance to drop. The egg always appears in the nest and someone always gets it.

The main reason why I'd like the egg to be Bind on Pickup is because there's someone on my server who plays for 16+ hours a day and is constantly at the nest getting the egg. This player has even admitted to some kind of special way of obtaining the egg all the time. I'm not going to get into the deeper particulars of the matter as I don't want to publicly single out an individual or a guild.. but it's just really atrocious because nobody else on our server is getting a chance at the egg.

Please Bioware, make the egg Bind on Pickup so that the farming can stop.

After having a frustrating time trying to get the egg since the launch of 1.2, I strongly believe that Bioware needs to make the unusual egg, Bind on Pickup. For starters, the egg isn't even rare. It spawns every few hours. It isn't like some of the pets in WoW prior to Cataclysm where you had to kill mobs aimlessly because a pet had like a 0.1% chance to drop. The egg always appears in the nest and someone always gets it.

The main reason why I'd like the egg to be Bind on Pickup is because there's someone on my server who plays for 16+ hours a day and is constantly at the nest getting the egg. This player has even admitted to some kind of special way of obtaining the egg all the time. I'm not going to get into the deeper particulars of the matter as I don't want to publicly single out an individual or a guild.. but it's just really atrocious because nobody else on our server is getting a chance at the egg.

Please Bioware, make the egg Bind on Pickup so that the farming can stop.

while you at it why don't you tell bioware to remove the 5 mil credit restriction on the GTN on the ship. I am selling the eggs, so i can afford something i want. I am sick of doing daily's and yet i need to raise 5 mil credits to buy this Item that i should not have to buy. either buy the egg, deal with it, or don't get it. but complaining cause somebody beat you to is ridiculous.

All I know is we have one guy on our server who has obtained at least a dozen eggs so far, he's been to dozens of the spawns (usually showing up 3 min before), I don't know if he lives next to the server or has some kind of turbo mouse but he is able to click it instantly and usually has us by fractions of a second. He says straight out that he will not stop trying for the eggs and says he doesn't care what anyone else on the server thinks. Dozens of people have ticketed him for harassment and straight out ignore anyone from his guild. So far the egg has spawned 3 times today (referring to the bridge one) he has obtained all three. He has been doing this since the 13th. I only have mine because I picked it up in one of the first few spawns. He also constantly lies about things and demands that people go through him and his guild to get access to the eggs. As long as he is there people with high latency will be out of luck getting that egg. There is nothing equal about a lag-dependent click fest.

At any rate I would be happy if two things happened. These become BoP and unique and his account gets perma-banned from the game. I will be content with just the former.

Edited by cyanidematt

Yeah, getting peeved at this right now. I just want the pet, not to farm it. But this one particular dude keep snagging it at the last millisecond before I do, and it is the same guy who logs on minutes before it appears. Happened 3 times already. Probably has an autohotkey script too.

I'm going to stay up until 4am to see if I can catch it while he's asleep (hopefully). If he/she is, I'll see if I can appeal.

Edited by Lord_Epping

As someone who "farmed" and held down every egg spawn for over a week with a buddy. We farmed them for the guild every person in our guild has one now as well as alts and we over farmed and have them in the bank. We took a huge amount of **** for it but all from people who never went to the nest and camped it. We farmed 100+ eggs, during this time we gave out 8 to non guild people who were cool with us. We gave the actual pop out a few times as well. We took the time had a few different people farm on alts and now have our entire guild done with the eggs. We have moved onto the taunlet as a guild as well, we work as a unit to get things for our group. On our server it is a bunch of cry babies who don't camp causing drama because we only had to pay attention for about 13 of our 89 eggs. Low pop servers for the win. BOP means your gonna have to camp it on each different character so instead of the 12 people in your nests you now have hundreds, That will for sure fix your problems. BOL means that people will now farm it 8 times on an alt with a few hundred people in a nest. None of these change the issue really. The egg spawns exactly at 4 hours down to the second if your not spam clicking the spot with about a min prior to pop then your not doing it right. Oh and to the person with the bright idea that extending the time 4+ hours and random times, you sir have just promoted botting as well as now; you run to the bathroom or look away for a second you lose, with the rarer spawn conditions you look to not only increase the price of the egg but limit casual players from obtaining and move the egg only into farmers hands.

Also if you don't believe me I'll screenshot the 39 eggs in our bank for alts.

Edited by NotSevv

So after sitting in the same spot for 6 hours, minutes befor the egg respawns, i have seen the same person log in just to grab the egg, making me miss it twice, after staring at a screen for 6 hours, this enraged me, just pure absolute hate.

Now im cancelling my subscription, because i realized that while i was enjoying the lvling/story experience of this game, dealing with this type of mmo debauchery just drives me up the wall. Im not like this *** hat who is simply farming it, im simply trying to get one for myself, thats it, im not looking to financially benefit from it at all, yet somehow this peice of work keeps beating me to it. Maybe its server lag, maybe he has some macro set up, dont know, just know that this game has lost a customer over this because i dont want to have to waste days of my life to do somthing that should be so simple

So after sitting in the same spot for 6 hours, minutes befor the egg respawns, i have seen the same person log in just to grab the egg, making me miss it twice, after staring at a screen for 6 hours, this enraged me, just pure absolute hate.

Now im cancelling my subscription, because i realized that while i was enjoying the lvling/story experience of this game, dealing with this type of mmo debauchery just drives me up the wall. Im not like this *** hat who is simply farming it, im simply trying to get one for myself, thats it, im not looking to financially benefit from it at all, yet somehow this peice of work keeps beating me to it. Maybe its server lag, maybe he has some macro set up, dont know, just know that this game has lost a customer over this because i dont want to have to waste days of my life to do somthing that should be so simple

Your quitting over a vanity pet because you got out clicked, guess what if your gonna rage quit over something like this then camping it in the first month is your own damn fault.

No need to get that worked up over it. Just put it off for a while and give that guy the bird.

I'm kind of in the same boat, though after a few more doses of this, I'll just leave the eggsploitation to the professionals.

Your quitting over a vanity pet because you got out clicked, guess what if your gonna rage quit over something like this then camping it in the first month is your own damn fault.

Im not quiting over a vanity pet, im quiting because i realize this is the same stupid stuff im gonna deal with after every new content patch and i dont enjoy it. If the spawn timer is so accurate that farmers can constantly abuse it, then it isnt an enjoyable game mechanic. If i, or the other people waiting for the spawn could be rewarded randomly, then i wouldnt care who got it, but these guys can set timers, log in for 2 minutes, and abuse the system. There was i and another guy who sat there for both spawns, and both times we were beaten by this farmer., or "outclicked" as you put it. But like i said, i wasted six hours over a vanity pet, and realized the system was being abused, and realized i dont want to do this everytime somthing new comes out. Its not an enjoyable experience, so why should i waste the money and time, when i have numerous other games, that i could spend that time on and enjoy it? I hope that clears it up for you.

Also i canceled my subscription, like i said

Maybe you should quit every type of online gaming too.

CS:S you'll quit because someone shoots you with an awp.

SWTOR you quit because you can't get your hands on a vanity pet.

BF3 someone put a bomb on your helicopter.

Dude... Every online game as things like this in it. Learn to deal with it and enjoy the game for what it is, or quit and stick to playing card games like Poker.

Wait... Will you quit that too if someone ends up with a better hand than you?

Ha! Got the stupid egg. Same guy was there haunting me, but managed to catch him slow on the draw. I know it is a very minor accomplishment all things considered, and I still wonder why I invested so much time getting it, but whatever.

Still, I agree something is done to deter the farming of this item. Don't care about the wait so much as giving the egg-obsessed hoarders/profiteers less of an overwhelming advantage over those just seeking a new pet.

I am one of those people who gets the egg over everybody else. But I am doing it for the greater good! I am giving them to guildmates who can't log in and wait 1-4 hours for a stupid egg to spawn because they have a family or a job. I am only married and disabled witch gives me more play time!

So ya I am happy that they are NOT BoP or Unique! That way my guildies get them!

Just be patient you will get one eventually! It might not be this week or this month, but you will get one! :)

So my reason is just right? :p

Im not quiting over a vanity pet, im quiting because i realize this is the same stupid stuff im gonna deal with after every new content patch and i dont enjoy it. If the spawn timer is so accurate that farmers can constantly abuse it, then it isnt an enjoyable game mechanic. If i, or the other people waiting for the spawn could be rewarded randomly, then i wouldnt care who got it, but these guys can set timers, log in for 2 minutes, and abuse the system. There was i and another guy who sat there for both spawns, and both times we were beaten by this farmer., or "outclicked" as you put it. But like i said, i wasted six hours over a vanity pet, and realized the system was being abused, and realized i dont want to do this everytime somthing new comes out. Its not an enjoyable experience, so why should i waste the money and time, when i have numerous other games, that i could spend that time on and enjoy it? I hope that clears it up for you.

Also i canceled my subscription, like i said

No your quitting over a vanity pet, i'm sorry you didn't put an alt and not waste 6 hours but that is on you not everyone else. Q.Q moar

I don't blame people getting angry, I mean look at this picture a Guy posted in another thread. So much for it being fun, when people are just farming it to make money. It doesn't matter how many locations Georg Zoeller says there are when people are allowed to do this.

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd21/Zer0nine_09_02/Screenshot_2012-04-17_19_26_26_705872.jpg

So this is the "community" that needs saving by not adding a cross-server LFG tool...

Pretty much. Why would you want to let d-bags like that grief people from every server instead of just their own.

There are some people that are ***** no matter what it is. They think it's fun to deny other people a good time. The sad thing is that I can't even consider egg farming an example of that type of behavior. It doesn't bind, it's freely tradeable, and people will use it to make money. An egg will easily sell for 300-400k on the Fleet on my server, just for being in the right place and clicking.

Making the eggs BoP or BoL would reduce the morons farming it, but there will still be people there getting it just to deny it to other players.

That said: Thanks for the hint, Georg. I'm off to go hunting for spawn point #3

Hey,

There are more than two egg spawns on Alderaan. From what I can gather so far, the community has not found all of them yet.

I seem to remember it being noted, there were at least 2 more, by a yellow answer, when people were talking about the first one found. Personally I'm hunting for a mini Bantha.

Hes quitting because he doesnt enjoy the game. Reading comprehension. The developer put in a system that is not only not fun for people who "win"(did you really have FUN farming those eggs?), but a complete slap to anyone who has even a minor amount of latency.

Rewarding time investment is good, rewarding effort is good. But rewarding spam clicking, botting, and latency? That is VERY poor game design.

Bioware you should look into making stuff like this similar to a "public event" from Warhammer Online(I know youve got the source material for that handy :p), where everyone who is in the (small) area is automatically put into a loot roll for the item. You could even scale the number of egg "drops" up to how many people are there, so something like 1 for every 10 people, while keeping it either BoP or BoL(and probably putting in some way to prevent someone from getting all the eggs, like if you win one it auto passes the next to the next highest roller).

Edited by Achromatis

Why would anyone camp for this pet? It's not a limited time offer, right? You can wait a few weeks until the new factor wears off and get it then. What difference does it make? And why does everyone feel entitled to have 100% of everything RIGHT NOW? If everyone has it, it's not special anymore, and then nobody wants it.

IMO the spawn timer and spawn location should be random. This is the kind of thing you should stumble upon while questing or exploring, not sit there and farm for days at a time.