Cowboy hats and Twileks

Falke

So I recently found myself tempted to make a smuggler and a Twilek. And for some reason thought: Hey I could do both at the same time. I'm talking about making a character that is both not what you were thinking, get your mind out of the gutter sheesh.

Anyway there's only one real reason I have for wanting to play a Smuggler and that is this hat!

But Twileks have head tentacle-thingies (which appearantly everyone in the Star War univese finds attractive but nevermind). So my real question before I even get a level done ehre, can I get one of those extremely awesome hats while playing a Twilek or will my floppy ears be in the way? If I can have the hat, how bad it the clipping? A screenshot would be the best late christmas present for me here :)

ive seen jedi companions with cloaked hood with little holes for they horns to pop out. i just hope bw makes hats so it changes where our Lekku's change position to fit in the hat like they come down the front of our shoulders or someting .. but as there are alor of clothes meshing together and not fitting properly in this game it saddens me.

i recently got a long jacket yet my pistols poke out the sides half in half out and it looks ghastly as a screenshot of it. which i can't be bothered to upload cos i hate the look :p

they still need alot of basic fixes in the game.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
i wish they would fix this and the hoods. the game has been out long enough now for this to have been fixed.

Let me guess - not in 1.2 patchnotes, same as hiding companion's headslot option, huh?

Twileks are stuck with hiding their hats or wearing glasses\bands\eyepatches. Players at least have option to hide this...Poor Zenith and Vette lovers...

Lots of issues with headgear. The hats themselves look bad even on humans on second look - the ugly snood that goes around the head, presumably to hide the fact that hair in this game is actually a helmet that's on permanently except when you override it with a helmet , just looks bad. I mean, really ugly. Up close it's like grandma's shawl wrapped around your head with the hat on top.

The hat itself with the characters original hair would be awesome, but the hat with the snood... I have the level 46 version without the face mask and I still have to hide my head slot and just use it as armor and stat boost.

With this race, you apparently have an entirely different head shape that causes the clipping.

You can add to my disgust this along with capes, swords, vehicles that continue to have simple overlay problems in terms of animations/placement being ignored since beta.

Yet they found time to add play as your toilet cleaning, janitor starship droid quest-line into the game.

Because everyone wanted to be star wars the janitor.

Saw the "This is how it will look" reply and laughed for a good minute. That is hilarious! You'd think when the Twi'lek puts on a hat he or she would do something with their Lekku first, or maybe poke a hole through the top. Something! Bioware should have considered that maybe, though really its not the first time a piece of gear looked ridiculous on a character, several other games have the same problem.

You can add to my disgust this along with capes, swords, vehicles that continue to have simple overlay problems in terms of animations/placement being ignored since beta.

Yet they found time to add play as your toilet cleaning, janitor starship droid quest-line into the game.

Because everyone wanted to be star wars the janitor.

you know that's an april fools joke, right?

lol... last year they talked about a "wookie setting" that would make ur UI fuzzy and translate the game into wookie

• 3 months later...

I'm not sure at what point this was added, but I see now that my twi'lek gunslinger can wear cowboy hats again! I'm thrilled, because seriously, those hats are one of the things that made me want to be a gunslinger. :o

Where can I find a hat though that also comes with the covered bandit-like face? Right now the only hat I've come across has just the hat part.

The covered face is scoundrel set, Tionese/Columi/Rakata sets, not Campaign/Black Hole. (At least for PVE, not sure how it is for PVP, but it should be the same). I don`t think there are any orange pieces, out there, with that look, that didn`t come from a Tier 1 PVE or PVP set.

And YAY! They fixed my hats, I`m so happy about that. Twi`leks and big smuggler hats look awesome.

Edited by Aranellis