The SWTOR pen & paper RPG Rules Set

AlrikFassbauer

Hello,

I'd really like to see the SWTOR RPG rules set to be published one day - in a form so that I can do pen & paper role-playing with the SWTOR RPG rules set.

An PDF document would be sufficient.

To me, it is - for example - still not clear how levelling up works. I just see an increase of things on my character sheet before and after the levelling - but how are the points distributed ? Or does everything go into the main stat alone ?

But - even more importantly : Dice rolls. How does attacking and defending work internally ? How high must my dice throw be so that I can evade an melee attack ? For example.

Or, how is the dice roll for damage `? How much is mitigated through armor ?

The only dice rolls that are relatively transparent are those for

- Dialogs

- Loot distribution

but I still don't quite know what kinds of dice are used. 100-sided dice ? 200 ?

What do secondary stats do to other fields of my character - defense, for example.

And how does my main stat help the character in defense, too ?

How does Presence work ? Does it have an effect on NPCs, too ? (It doesn't but playing pen & paper, it would be nice if it did, simply because it's the only available equivalent to Charisma).

How would a character with high Willpower fare in an environment where Cunning is needed ? (Let's take for example an Underworld environment. A Shadow needs to meet Crime Bosses - he must be quick in his thoughts and be quick in evaluating the situation in let's say a room filled with many, very different, people. Like Luke standing before Jabba. Willpower alone won't help him much there. Plus, Willpower alone won't help him getting information from information brokers - except with Force Persuasion (which does exist in SWTOR - albeit merely as a Dialog Option).

And what dice are rolled for the outcome of Crew Missions ? How high must be the Dice Roll so that one Crew Member comes back with let's say Agrinium ? Or a Krayt Pearl ?

These are the things I'd really like to know.

Alrik

There have been a few Pen & Paper games already. Wizards of the Coast put one out in 2000 and last year a new game was released by Fantasy Flight Games.

The Wizards of the Coast game used the D20 system. I don't know how the new game works. Take a look. Highly unlikely there will ever be a pen and paper game based off this game's mechanics or rules..

Edited by CKHelseth

Many of the classes in SWTOR exist in the Wizards of the Coast game and can be readily converted to that game.

Jedi Guardian = Jedi Guardian in the PnP game

Jedi Sentinel = Jedi Guardian with the two weapon feat

Jedi Shadow = Jedi Consular with exotic weapon feat (DB lightsaber) and Hide and Force Stealth as free class skills; switch to Jedi Investigator around level 10-15

Jedi Sage = Jedi Consular switch to Jedi Master or Instructor at some point

Smugglers (both) = Fringers (with two weapon feat for Gunslingers and Hide for Scoundrels)

Troopers (both) = Soldiers

Sith Warriors = Start as Sith Marauder then switch at level 10 to Sith Lord or Sith Warrior

Bounty Hunters = Soldiers with Bounty Hunter Prestige Class

Agents = Can start with a variety of class like Noble, Soldier, Fringer based on character concept.

Sith Inquisitors = Start as Sith Acolyte then switch to Sith Lord

Edited by Master-Nala

Thank you, but I'm not interested in the classes, I'm interested in the rules. If I had meant otherwise, I would have said so.

And I already played pen & paper Star Wars with the D6 system by West End Games (WEG) in the 90s, albeit only for a short time (sadly our group dissolved at one point, and I was occupied with something else around that time, and couldn't drive the 20 or 30 Kilometres to the place anymore).

Edited by AlrikFassbauer