The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Uhm, marauders don't have taunts. So the rest of the failure in that story is pretty much yours. You went in with 3 DPS, and a DPS (you) tanked. It isn't surprising.

You should have replaced either him or the operative with an actual tank, or even just used a tank pet.

Oh, my mistake. I guess I thought that the Juggernaut's taunt was a Warrior ability, not a Juggernaut one. Good thing I didn't actually tell him to use it during the heroic, just his interrupt. It would've been embarrassing for him to have been actually right about something. :o

Still, even considering his lack of a taunt, his inability to keep any sort of aggro was annoying. I'm perfectly used to enemies attacking me as a ranged DPS, regardless of how good the tank is. It happens. And it'd have been unreasonable of me to demand that the Marauder keep all the enemies on him, obviously. I knew very well that he wasn't a tank (although I guess I slightly overestimated just how not-tanky he was). But what ended up happening that virtually all of the enemies attacked me virtually all of the time, even when I was furiously using my aggro dump, even when he pulled, even even even.

If he was just incompetent, that'd be one thing. But he was incompetent, impatient, and thought he was carrying the group and knew how to play better than anybody else. That was what really got me. I'm fine with getting attacked all the time even as ranged DPS if we don't have a tank in the group. I'm fine with wiping because group members are still learning. What I'm not fine with is people in the group ignoring suggestions that would make both of those things much less problematic, and I'm certainly not fine with people saying those things are irrelevant and throwing them back in my face.

And yes, if I had been group leader, I certainly would've used my own tank companion instead of incompetent DPS. I did later on in the heroic when the Marauder ditched us and things worked perfectly well. This isn't exactly my first rodeo. Unfortunately, I wasn't the group leader, and I figured that ditching the group and trying to form a new one would take even longer.

In all fairness, he sometimes recognizes this and switches to dps, but his target selection is bizarre. He'll attack an enemy that nobody's going after, instantly drawing aggro and making the poor Sorcerer's job infinitely more difficult, while not actually doing a whole lot of damage because, again, his gear sucks. He spends something like a third of every fight in stealth, trying to drop aggro, but I guess he doesn't get why he's drawing aggro, because as soon as he stealths he immediately goes back to attacking his lone enemy target and once again has his own personal Tusken to fight. Hooray.

Any enemy that is left alone will go after the healer. The healer draws aggro from every enemy in the fight (50% of his heals divided evenly among the enemies). So leaving an enemy alone would make the sorceror's job more difficult as well because he would be attacked. He might not have done a lot of damage but he was helping more than hurting.

Had my first party member in Czerka Core Meltdown HM in levelling greens, the highest piece they were wearing was iirc 143 but that was a standout from my inspection. After several wipes heals noticed this and regretfully vote kicked. What is the recommended gear level for these instances again?

However the wipes didn't end there. Two more, one on Duneclaw and one on the jungle boss. Another DPS dropped after the second, making me think I had not tanked properly. On the following pull I just popped the spore pods as they came up irrespective of the length on the debuff and it went down. Still, I'm annoyed it took so long so I will triple check I understand the mechanics. But, weekly done before patch comes down (agani).

You don't need to carry around tank heal and 2 dps "standard" build for any H4. I've even soloed that one easily on my commando dps with elara dorn (pub gets the same, altough killing 50 is the bonus, and bloodgouge the main objective on their side).

The actual "best" group in term of speed are 4 dps who know their crap, one with offheal ability, and one with ability to take some damage ideally (so a mara or a merc are great)

3 dps and a healer work fine, either each take their mob (h4 are typically 2 strongs 2 elites to 4 elites) or burn them off on focus fire, making sure you spread out threat a bit.

A funny story I have about such a group tough, happenned to me lately on Hoth. It was my 2nd play through the planet on the pub side, on my scoundrel that respec between heal and dps depending how I feel. Now I soloed every H4 with Risha or HK51 before her, and never fetched a group for any (I like some challenge) in heal spec.

However, my first play through the planet was on a shadow tank, that quested with a friends scoundrel sawbones, and I quite remember taking some nasty hits in the H4 Terror Brigade.

So i decide to search for teammates, and join a team that also wanted to do some other H4 on the planet. Ow well alright then. We do the Prisoner one, goes decently enough altough healer is struggling a bit so I respec to heals myself. Finish H4, one of the 3 drops, so I'm off with a commando level 38 and sent level 45 to Terror Brigade.

No one answers for the last group spot, so I roll out risha due to her being decently geared, and I'm confident in my healing to keep 3 dps up.

Now in the previous H4, I did notice the commando was not doing much damage. However, a 45 sent, i was rather sure that would be rapping the place.

Well no. We do few first thrash pack, first amusing thing, commando starts running as soon as he aggros something. But Forest Gump style run. I'd have put Bon Jovi's Runaway in the background, and we got a winner youtube video.

At least he's not aggroing other group doing so, however he fails at kiting too and still takes damage. Issue is he's running away from me as well. So here's the commando, then that tiny wannabe wampa mob in the first few pull of Terror Brigade, then me, trying to heal him, while risha and the sent finish the rest of the mobs.

So its amusing, lets continue, and I'm in laidback mode with a glass of wine, so I'm not in a teaching mood. That works, nobody dies or even get closes, lets keep moving!

Then comes the 2nd fun part. We get to wampa champion. Sentinel pulls, fight start. Guy don't need much more than 2 kolto packs to be kept up, he is a bit overleveled after all. So I do moderate dps while still maintaining positive energy levels. Then...Risha pulls from him. Level 43 dps comp pulls. Wait what?

Then with my MODERATE dpsing on full heal spec...I pulled from Risha. Thats when I realized the guys dps was under 350. Then Sent more closely...and yep no procs from the Focus tree his stance suggest.

Maybe i should have helped them. But I didn't feel the need for The H4 (thing were slow but fine, no big mistakes from either, so saw worse) and as said, I was not in the mood for a long winded convo, so we finished the H4 and left it at that.

Looking back I do feel guilty about it a bit, since I suspect with a bit of coaching they should end up fine.

And yes, if I had been group leader, I certainly would've used my own tank companion instead of incompetent DPS. I did later on in the heroic when the Marauder ditched us and things worked perfectly well. This isn't exactly my first rodeo. Unfortunately, I wasn't the group leader, and I figured that ditching the group and trying to form a new one would take even longer.

You are really being too hard on people here. Remember that not everyone is on their third of fourth character, some people are on their first still trying to figure out their rotation, the map, gearing and the overall game. This is not an ops or level 55hm fp or even a belsavis heroic. It's tatooine, not even the end of chapter 1 (not even the last planet in chapter 1). This is the place to make mistakes, to run around, to put on the wrong gear, to break CC etc. It's frustrating, but you always have the option of not running group events early. To expect people to know all about moddable gear (not everyone has alts and collections to get adaptable armor from btw), and the maximum output rotation, much less expect a dps how to hold aggro at this stage is insane. The best you can do is gently tell them what they are doing wrong, and move on. If they listen, they listen, if they don't they don't. Get over it. In my case, when they make the mistake of breaking CC, I gently tell them to make sure not to attack characters that are CCed after making sure they understand what CC is. By the time we reach hoth, I get a little more peeved and say "we are on hoth, you should know not to break CC by now".

After reading the thread, thought I'd share my oddest fp experience.

I was on my sorc dps and had foundry pop up right after HK was released. Had a group of a PT dps, assassin tank, and operative heals. Each of the first trash fights ends with my dying after pulling aggro from the tank and getting only small heals from the operative because he blew his energy doing burst dps. Finally inspect the other players and our tank had a focus instead of a shield generator and our heals is badly undergeared.

The PT dps whispers me and says " We can't kick both the tank and the healer, can you off-heal this?" I say sure and the PT switches to tank stance and throws a guard on me and we proceed to roll through the FP without another single death with the PT dps taking all the aggro, the sorc dps spamming bubbles and basic heals, the operative healer rolling into cover and sniping, and the assassin tank single target dpsing from strongest to weakest.

It was one of the most absurd and fun FP's I've ever had.

You are really being too hard on people here. Remember that not everyone is on their third of fourth character, some people are on their first still trying to figure out their rotation, the map, gearing and the overall game. This is not an ops or level 55hm fp or even a belsavis heroic. It's tatooine, not even the end of chapter 1 (not even the last planet in chapter 1). This is the place to make mistakes, to run around, to put on the wrong gear, to break CC etc. It's frustrating, but you always have the option of not running group events early. To expect people to know all about moddable gear (not everyone has alts and collections to get adaptable armor from btw), and the maximum output rotation, much less expect a dps how to hold aggro at this stage is insane. The best you can do is gently tell them what they are doing wrong, and move on. If they listen, they listen, if they don't they don't. Get over it. In my case, when they make the mistake of breaking CC, I gently tell them to make sure not to attack characters that are CCed after making sure they understand what CC is. By the time we reach hoth, I get a little more peeved and say "we are on hoth, you should know not to break CC by now".

:confused:

So, I go out of my way to say that I was not getting angry in group chat, that I stayed with the group to the bitter end, that I didn't demand that the group leader kick the offending players, that I made every effort to provide helpful tips to the players that I felt were not playing well...and this means I was too hard on them?

The only manifestations of my frustration with that group were a) a little bit of commiseration with the Sorcerer after the fact and b) typing up this post here because I felt like telling the story. I didn't explode into a million pieces out of sheer rage, I didn't scream at the other players in chat. I just wrote up a story as a sort of "haha, this group was kinda bad and annoying, here's why", and that's it.

You might be mistaking the whole wall-of-text thing for anger. Nah. That's just what I do: I write long posts about all sorts of stuff. I wanted to get the full story in there because I enjoy telling stories. So sure, I was annoyed by the group, by the wasted time, and by the players' insistence on not paying attention to the help I was trying to give. But it was just annoyance and that's it. :)

You might be mistaking the whole wall-of-text thing for anger. Nah. That's just what I do: I write long posts about all sorts of stuff. I wanted to get the full story in there because I enjoy telling stories. So sure, I was annoyed by the group, by the wasted time, and by the players' insistence on not paying attention to the help I was trying to give. But it was just annoyance and that's it. :)

Gotcha. Sometimes it is hard to tell with just plain old cold text.

That sounds bad to me. So, the Empire is destroying everything the Republic has ? It sounds to me like a boy destroying freshly built castels in the sand ...

Um yeah that's kinda why the Empire is the BAD GUYS? Plus, there is strategic reason for destroying Taris. Taris is really close to Dromund Kass, so if the Republic were to rebuild Taris they would very much have a great forward base to attack Dromund Kass from. In fact, the Imperial Taris Bonus series is all about that... attacking and further destroying the Republic Garrison on Taris that they were secretly building alongside the "humanitarian" restoration efforts.

So, leaving Taris alone just isn't an option for the Empire, and they don't have the resources to kick out the Republic and rebuild the planet themselves. But, being so close to Dromund Kass, they can't ignore it.

In fact, the Imperial Taris Bonus series is all about that... attacking and further destroying the Republic Garrison on Taris that they were secretly building alongside the "humanitarian" restoration efforts.

Not to get hugely off topic here, but that personally always felt more like an after-the-fact means to justify the whole thing, and less like something that would legitimately happen.

I mean, you're told the Republic has constructed a fleet there that dwarfs the Empires. I assume it's just referring to the ships around Taris, but still. A fleet of what, cruisers? Capital ships? Why would the Republic build them on Taris? How would they build them on Taris? They'd literally have to create their own construction facilities from scratch, which feels more than a little uncessesary when they control the manufacturing behemoths that are the core worlds.

Yeah. You have a point. Taris can't be a good shipyard.

But it can be a good training ground for special forces (die or become a man of steel).

Also, Taris can provide tactical advantage in case of fullscale war actions.

Exellent forward base, to attack home planet of Empire.

I've been leveling my commando healer and having a blast dealing with the "exceptional" people I meet along the way.

A few things to note, some of the fresh tanks filling the ranks, are worse than a tanking companion. Ultra tunnel vision, guarding healers left and right and can't interrupt for the life of them.

Story 1: Battle for Ilum round 3.

So I've well and truly out leveled my class and planet stories on my Commando. I really wanted to make level 50 so I started running flashpoints to get some exp. My second time through battle for ilum I had a pretty bad tank with horrible threat generation and tunnel vision. I queued up again and got the same tank and flashpoint.

Upon zoning in the tank d/ced. I'm guessing he/she bailed. After a few minutes of waiting I suggested we kick the tank, queue up and start up with my Treek as tank. Despite having less than optimal gear, my Treek tanked the flashpoint with fewer problems than many of the tanks I've had to heal while leveling up.

Hardmode False Emperor.

So I pooled my resources and upgraded my gear to a standard that is ready for heroic 50 flashpoints. I get a group with a 55 Commando dps, a 50 Scoundrel, a 55 Guardian and myself at 50. The scoundrel has 13.7k hp and almost dies every time something looks at him, the commando dps pulls mobs left and right and the tank has trouble tanking some of the pulls.

I was lucky to have a group that provided a few special moments. The first moment was on the twin droids. Both dps and the tank ran far away from the blue circle and take several stacks of the damage increasing debuff.

Then on Malgus, they let Malgus cast his "I win" ability. I pointed out that everyone has an interrupt and they failed to do so. The tank replies that his interrupt was on cooldown.

I can only wonder what he was interrupting prior. :rak_02:

I don't know what it is with my Merc, but I've been getting bad group with him. And I am not talented enough to pull the group on my own with him.

Did HM Kaon Siege last night:

Jump in and tank asks to respec. DPS Sin is in tank stance. After tank respecs, he says he is OK and immediately pulls the first mob with Rage's stance. I mention that he hasn't guarded anybody and should change stances. Not a good beginning. He does change stances and guards me and switches to the Sorc DPS a few pulls later after I mentioned that the Sorc was pulling aggro hard. DPS Sin also changes stance, but does not respec because he does not have the droid.

Tank continues to chain pull and I'm having trouble with keeping the Sorc and myself healed (who are still putting out more aggro than the tank) while maintaining my heat. I'm also find myself explaining all the different Raks in this FP, but nobody but the Sorc listens and we wipe a few times due to the Bloated (exploding) and Mercenary (stunning) Raks.

We close to the turret "boss" and the tank runs ahead and jumps on the turret with us far behind. We survive about half of the encounter and wipe. Second time we get through with the Sin taking the turret.

Things start to turn around somewhat and the Sin DCs. We go through the trash mobs and I ask the tank to wait at the Behemoth boss. He doesn't and ignores my instructions and the boss enrages and we all die.

We kick the Sin and get a Shieldtech Powertech as the DPS. Tank pulls even before the Powertech loads. Tank takes the boss to one barrel and try to keep the boss there. Powertech DCs after one attack. We get a little bit farther this time, because the boss glitches and throws the Jugg Tank across the area instead of just a little bit away and the Sorc and I switch tanking for the rest of the fight until the enrage again. (Behemoth's toss is an aggro loss move.)

I suggest we wait for the Powertech to connect. Nope: tank pulls anyways. We wipe after enrage, but the Jugg realizes this time that he has to take the boss to multiple barrels. Jugg then complains how hard this fight is. Sorc and I tell him its because he did not follow the mechanics the last 3 times and we only had 1 DPS the whole time. Jugg kicks the Powertech and pulls the boss again. This time, we are able to finish the boss off even though Sorc and I died and he enraged.

We ask the Tank to requeue us multiple times. He does not and we kick him finally. He faceplants on the way out, but the Sorc and I are able to kill the mob. We requeue for tank and DPS and use our Melee Tank/DPS companions to get through part of the next room.

We get a tank and DPS and guess who the Tank is: the Powertech that DCed. I say that I'm thankful that he joined. He replies that he is ticked that we kicked him. I stated that it was over 5 minutes, he was a tank in a DPS spot, and that the tank kicked him. He is still ticked and pulls the next mob without me there. I rush there, but the Sorc dies. The new Marauder DPS keeps getting knocked back by the Screamers and pulls every single mob in the room. We survive with me tanking half the group and the tank and DPS getting the other. (So happy at this point to have 2 points in Custom Enviro Suit and Protective Field.) Guess whose fault that all was: mine.

Bonus boss: tank uses Hydraulic Overrides and runs to the boss and engages and turns the boss around. I mention quickly to kill the adds fast. The Marauder decides to stand in front of the boss so that the conal attack can hit him and I have to constantly heal him. When the adds come, all except one attacks me: the Sorc has that one and DPS them down one at a time like it supposed to be. I'm using Defensive Cooldowns just to stay alive. Marauder dies: Tank yells in chat that I should heal the Marauder and not let him die. Sorc kills adds. Second round of adds come and same thing happens: I have all the adds except 1. This time I run by the tank and shrug some off on him. We kill the boss.

Last boss was fairly uneventful compared to the rest: Tank and Marauder ignore kill order and attack commander first. Sorc DPS both of the two big Raks first and helps the other guys kill off the commander.

I gave the Sorc the speeder afterwards for putting up with all of that.

*snip*

Lately, it seems like there have been more tanks who just have no idea how to tanks mobs. They'll just attack a single target and leave all the rest to go after the rest of the group (namely the healer). The tank doesn't need to grab *all* of the weaker enemies because the dps should kill them in short order, but you can't let multiple strongs and elites go after the healer.

I had an HM Cademimu run on my Sentinel the other week where the tank (who was in ~50% dps gear) never attacked more than one target at a time. The healer was geared well enough to keep him alive despite his lack of tanking gear, but had a much harder time keeping himself alive when all but one of the mobs went straight for him. I ended up spamming Twin Saber Throw and Force Sweep to try to get the mobs off the healer in every pull. I basically ended up tanking 90% of the mobs in the instance while the tank and other dps just went through their (seemingly random) target priorities. Fortunately, between the healer's gear and my defensive abilities (would not have wanted to try that on, say, a sage or operative), I was able to survive playing the "sentinel tank".

And here everyone complains about how sentinels are convinced they are actually tanks. :p

Lately, it seems like there have been more tanks who just have no idea how to tanks mobs. They'll just attack a single target and leave all the rest to go after the rest of the group (namely the healer). The tank doesn't need to grab *all* of the weaker enemies because the dps should kill them in short order, but you can't let multiple strongs and elites go after the healer.

I had an HM Cademimu run on my Sentinel the other week where the tank (who was in ~50% dps gear) never attacked more than one target at a time. The healer was geared well enough to keep him alive despite his lack of tanking gear, but had a much harder time keeping himself alive when all but one of the mobs went straight for him. I ended up spamming Twin Saber Throw and Force Sweep to try to get the mobs off the healer in every pull. I basically ended up tanking 90% of the mobs in the instance while the tank and other dps just went through their (seemingly random) target priorities. Fortunately, between the healer's gear and my defensive abilities (would not have wanted to try that on, say, a sage or operative), I was able to survive playing the "sentinel tank".

And here everyone complains about how sentinels are convinced they are actually tanks. :p

Charging into battle a head of the tank isn't quite the same as protecting the healer from the tank's incompetence. I should know, I frequently protect healers from bad tanks. CC, Aoe / aoe stuns. Anything that keeps the healer alive works for me. :D

*Lots of failure*

Last boss was fairly uneventful compared to the rest: Tank and Marauder ignore kill order and attack commander first. Sorc DPS both of the two big Raks first and helps the other guys kill off the commander.

While I know some people learned to kill the small one first, I can tell you when tanking this its rather nice to kill the commander first since he makes taunting useless.

Once that done, even if an heavy pin happens it will be on the tank, to which the healer can easily keep him alive with moderate output, while dps continue bursting down the big guy.

In the end both way work, and its not an especially hard fight.

Edited by verfallen

On the exact same flash point, had that same issue. however I lacked an awesome mara/sent with cooldown, since I was on my lightning sorc on that run, and it was among my first runs of HM 55 upon coming back to the game. My gear was still mostly 61/63s.

So I pretty much figured better be me who dies than the healer, and force stormed the mobs that went for the healer all fp.

Healer was decent tough, and he quickly figured the tank was useless after ignoring our tips and telling me "I was pulling too much aggro with my aoes".

Well geez genius, obviously someone has to keep the healer safe.

So roughly was LoSing (healing to full doesnt work BW) popping force barrier when I was about to die, healer took some heat, when he was under 50%, I was taking the barrier back down and we ping ponged the aggro between ourselves.

Interesting "how to survive when BW doesn't want you to" FP.

This wasn't a flashpoint or anything, but it was group content, so I figured it qualified. Apologies in advance for the wall of text, but hopefully you can get a few laughs out of it - and a few "what the hell happened there" headshakes, too. :)

Great tale ! :)

In short - I once had a similar group on Nar Shadaa ... ;) With one undergeared Jedi running into mobs he claimed to not have seen ... (Later, someone siuggested in the forums that he might have had the option "show enemy NPCs names" off ...)

and the assassin tank single target dpsing from strongest to weakest.

In fact, trhere are 2 thought-schools regarding fighting :

- Strongest first, then weakest

- Weakest first, then strongest

Both schools are fully incompatible with one another, and if members of both meet here in these forums, there's usually a "clash of cultures" soon going on. :D

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

On the exact same flash point, had that same issue.

So roughly was LoSing (healing to full doesnt work BW) popping force barrier when I was about to die, healer took some heat, when he was under 50%, I was taking the barrier back down and we ping ponged the aggro between ourselves.

Interesting "how to survive when BW doesn't want you to" FP.

Gehe, I know exactly what you mean, had quite some red reaper fps myself on my slinger where I ended up tanking.

But correct me if I'm wrong, in PvE the barrier works as an instant aggrodump. Meaning, pop it and all mobs go for someone else. Release the barrier and they are still going for others. I never tried it out as sage dps since as a healer the mobs will glue on you again because of the healingaggro.

I gave the Sorc the speeder afterwards for putting up with all of that.

Nice and weird story :)

However dont judge to fast on the killorder thingy. They only ignored the killorder which you are used at. The tank needs to hold aggro on the commander in all possible killorders, after that you can decide to burn the commander so that the 2 others become tankable or burn the beasty who pins you.

I just had a frustrating Sm run on Esseles. We have full group? One commando and jedi sentinel as dps with jedi guardian as tank.im playing healer with scoundrel. We start off fine ,but I can't help but notice that dps jedi is pulling ahead of tank and taking aggro. I resigned myself to healing hi often because this the first flashpoint. On the way to fight the mandalorian Ironfist, the tank call out the jedi about pulling ahead and the jedi gets al defensive about stating he can handle it. Things gets heated between them and I chime in stating that the tank is fighting a losing battle and he i can handles the heals. Things settle down for bit but after defeating Ironfist, the tank chimes that he challanges the jedi to a bet. If he can survive the rest of the way as tank without dying and bo healingby me ,he will apologize. If he dies, he gets to tank. It accepted and and the jedi survives thru end with out my direct healing but i was keeping the other ones alive.after it over, the writes that he won't apologize and that even though the jedi survived the flashpoint, he won't survive against him. A duel is started between them with the jedi winning and the tank spewing excuses and names like noob ECt. Needless to say at the final scene the commando had enough and told him to ****

But he wouldn't. Last he said was I hope to never have to run with you noob again, you sux. Except the healer,he did a good Job. Suffice to say he is on my ignore list.

I just had a frustrating Sm run on Esseles. We have full group? One commando and jedi sentinel as dps with jedi guardian as tank.im playing healer with scoundrel. We start off fine ,but I can't help but notice that dps jedi is pulling ahead of tank and taking aggro. I resigned myself to healing hi often because this the first flashpoint. On the way to fight the mandalorian Ironfist, the tank call out the jedi about pulling ahead and the jedi gets al defensive about stating he can handle it. Things gets heated between them and I chime in stating that the tank is fighting a losing battle and he i can handles the heals. Things settle down for bit but after defeating Ironfist, the tank chimes that he challanges the jedi to a bet. If he can survive the rest of the way as tank without dying and bo healingby me ,he will apologize. If he dies, he gets to tank. It accepted and and the jedi survives thru end with out my direct healing but i was keeping the other ones alive.after it over, the writes that he won't apologize and that even though the jedi survived the flashpoint, he won't survive against him. A duel is started between them with the jedi winning and the tank spewing excuses and names like noob ECt. Needless to say at the final scene the commando had enough and told him to ****

But he wouldn't. Last he said was I hope to never have to run with you noob again, you sux. Except the healer,he did a good Job. Suffice to say he is on my ignore list.

Really? It was STORYMODE! Jeez, take a chill pill.

Tank *way* overreacted, but I can understand his frustration at the start. Even though SM Esseles and SM Czerka flashpoints don't really require any roles (and most pulls could be solo'd even without a companion), I personally feel like it's still polite to let people try to fill their roles if they express an interest in it. Half of tanking is learning the mindset and flow of a run, not *just* about abilities or cooldowns. People may be running them for practice. If I get into an SM with someone who is trying to tank (whether or not they're succeeding) I don't mind waiting half a second to let them pull ahead of me. If they're exceptionally slow or don't seem like they care, then I'll jump ahead as long as the rest of the group seems to be on board. No reason to go out of your way to make a tank's life miserable unless you have to. Still, from the other side of things, no reason to get so upset if you have an obviously dense DPS either.

Tank *way* overreacted, but I can understand his frustration at the start. Even though SM Esseles and SM Czerka flashpoints don't really require any roles (and most pulls could be solo'd even without a companion), I personally feel like it's still polite to let people try to fill their roles if they express an interest in it. Half of tanking is learning the mindset and flow of a run, not *just* about abilities or cooldowns. People may be running them for practice. If I get into an SM with someone who is trying to tank (whether or not they're succeeding) I don't mind waiting half a second to let them pull ahead of me. If they're exceptionally slow or don't seem like they care, then I'll jump ahead as long as the rest of the group seems to be on board. No reason to go out of your way to make a tank's life miserable unless you have to. Still, from the other side of things, no reason to get so upset if you have an obviously dense DPS either.

Most "tanks" in Esseles/BT aren't even tanks yet as they lack the tanking-stance/cell/... which you get with level 14.

So I don't see any reason to take them serious when they rant about not letting them tank (HS and above is a whole other story)

In fact, trhere are 2 thought-schools regarding fighting :

- Strongest first, then weakest

- Weakest first, then strongest

Both schools are fully incompatible with one another, and if members of both meet here in these forums, there's usually a "clash of cultures" soon going on. :D

Well, since the "first school" is provably wrong (when you kill the strongest first, which usually does not do significantly more DPS than the weaker ones, the total damage taken is much more than doing it the other way round), it becomes a question of the "sensible way" vs. the "stupid way".