[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

Adelbert

I just read Ohlen's interview, http://www.computerandvideogames.com/332295/star-wars-old-republic-update-2-will-be-much-bigger/

Really, Patch 2 will be "much bigger", and there is not a single word on the community concerns or the high resolution textures? And this is march?

They are clearly not listening to us.

Two other MMOs come out within 2 months of then, Tera and The Secret World. Good luck to those waiting for this magic patch to materialize....I'll be playing something that works as advertised out of the box. I wish I'd screenshotted my cancelation here, I made it super clear that EA and Bioware won't see another dollar from me.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just read Ohlen's interview, http://www.computerandvideogames.com/332295/star-wars-old-republic-update-2-will-be-much-bigger/

Really, Patch 2 will be "much bigger", and there is not a single word on the community concerns or the high resolution textures? And this is march?

They are clearly not listening to us.

Let's not forget Ohlen is the one also bragging in interviews that only a very small minority of people have performance issues ingame, and they are all on outdated PC's way below the requirements.:rolleyes: At the same time that Reid confirmed that they were "looking into" performance issues for people with top end rigs, I might add.

The whole company is filled with liars that can't even keep their **** straight with each other, much less with us.

Edited by Zorvan

Two other MMOs come out within 2 months of then, Tera and The Secret World. Good luck to those waiting for this magic patch to materialize....I'll be playing something that works as advertised out of the box. I wish I'd screenshotted my cancelation here, I made it super clear that EA and Bioware won't see another dollar from me.

Honestly, this really puts thing into perspective.

Most agree that TOR "has potential", but what we know is coming isn't anything huge and it's coming the same time as some true "next gen" MMOs are launching. Tera looks absolutely gorgeous and TOR has graphics that actually looked better in beta.

Also, Ohlen believes low meta-critic scores are a conspiracy against the game.:rolleyes:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-01-12-bioware-swtor-post-mortem-its-more-innovative-than-an-fps

"Oh that's easy," he retorted. "Several of the designers were watching the Metacritic page when it finally came up and what happened was there is a community out there, and we don't know who they are - it could be a bunch of different people - who aren't really playing the game but have a vested interest in hating the game. And we saw literally hundreds of 0/10s come up within the first couple of hours of Metacritic coming on. So it was people who weren't even playing the game basically putting on that they hated it.

Still shameful that the game looked and performed better during beta than live. I can't understand why they can't undo/revert changes back to before this 'texture atlas' was decidedly used and implemented with the claim it would improve performance.

Its so clear that single change is the cause of the loss of the High Res textures and whoever made that decision should be ousted and cursed to watch all the Olsen twin movies non-stop for eternity.

Also, Ohlen believes low meta-critic scores are a conspiracy against the game.:rolleyes:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-01-12-bioware-swtor-post-mortem-its-more-innovative-than-an-fps

all you ever do is complain, every single one of your posts. You literally need to get the hell off the forums and explore the outside world instead of sitting infront of your monitor pretending to be some sort of Media Critic hardjob.

/yawn

all you ever do is complain, every single one of your posts. You literally need to get the hell off the forums and explore the outside world instead of sitting infront of your monitor pretending to be some sort of Media Critic hardjob.

/yawn

How can you even see what I type with your head stuck so far in there?

"I'd say we're still rocketing right now. Every day the numbers continue to grow - we have more people going into the game."

Just check out my signature MR. James Ohlen !!

Stop lying and trick people to get their money, what you and the company you work

for doing is " fraud advertising " and I deeply wish and pray that a huge lawsuit come

on your head for what you doing.

What is most astounding to me about this game is not the bugs, which are to be expected in a new MMORPG, but rather the terrible decisions made during development. How can anybody think removing graphics options and forcing the game to look terrible is a good idea? Even the ORIGINAL Everquest had better textures than this:

http://resolution-magazine.co.uk/content/wp-content/uploads/everquest1.jpg

The original EQ, lol. That brings back memories. Bioware should have taken that 300 million, and developed a time machine to travel me back to 1999, where Verrant actually listened to us beta testers, and provided one of the most memorable gaming experiences I've ever had.

But yeah, the original graphics were pretty terrible actually. Great for their time, but I played the EQ progression server not too long ago and it was stark to say the least...lol.

no word from the developers again....

/lowered expectations

:mad:

A dev confirming that hi-res textures will be implemented would go a long way towards appeasing a lot of customers. Promising to "improve the fidelity of the game" means less to me than the promises of the last Nigerian Prince that E-Mailed me needing my help.

I am seriously so disappointed with this. What were they thinking? THESE are supposed to be high textures? In what game in 2012 are these considered "high," or anything other than a complete eyesore? The handling of this issue was borderline dishonest. I never thought WoW would be better looking at 7 years old than this game. We need to keep this issue at the forefront, folks, because this is simply unacceptable for $15 a month.

The sad part is my NEW top of the line gaming computer plays this game on medium-low worse than my old computer played WoW on high settings.

I'm at a loss as to why an MMO developer can't ever get the basics right... UI, performance, decent graphics (not the best, but at LEAST as good as WoW) should be considered before the game is even released... When you have almost non-existant UI and oddly poor performance WITH relatively terrible graphics (character faces aside), you've got major problems on your hands. The cut scenes look great tho...

Until recently I was among many players who were under the assumption that the lack of 'high resolution textures' was a bug. After reading threads about this issue and reviews on other websites, I now understand this was not a bug. According to one review, the upcoming patch 1.1 will alter the graphic options so that the ‘Medium’ setting, which was not meant to be there, will be replaced, "....reducing the game’s available graphics options to ‘High’ and ‘Low’ settings. High is (visually) the old Medium, and what should actually be ‘High’ by most players' gauges is essentially what you’re seeing in the in-game cut-scenes."

It was also stated "...update 1.2 will feature a number of changes that are said to 'bring greater visual fidelity to your character and those around you, but will still allow for good performance in situations where a lot of characters are on-screen at once.'”

I am severely disappointed with Bioware's decision to launch this game when they did. Obviously they did not have this issue figured out, yet they enticed consumers with footage that gave the impression that high resolution textures would be available. I did not expect this type of problem to be an issue with this game, I was wrong. I do not like paying for something that is broken. I have a high end machine and I prefer to pay for games that are capable of taking advantage of it. In today's world, the demand for high end technology and software are expected.

Yeah I've never seen such a timid article before. It was almost spin too but at least he posted it.

Mmorpg.com has been like that for the last few years since they got "big time". The only time you'll see them trash a game is if it's an indie dev who didn't have the money to splash on full page advertisements.

http://www.gamezone.com/news/swtor-s-confirms-that-high-resolution-texture-setting-is-a-lie

I liked this article. I've seen tons of sites just commenting about how good it was that Stephen responded, but this is saying what we are mad about, at least partially.

And then you have sites that don't bow down, which is nice to see:

"Many are accusing Bioware of false advertising, and they do seem to have a point, the ethics of showing beautiful high-res screens and then delivering a low-res product severly suspect."

Edited by Zorvan