Kaggath Series: Darth Traya vs Revan

Beniboybling

But there is evidence; ITS KOTOR 2. The Sith destroyed themselves after the death of Malak, and either Revan's defection or just leaving. The Sith lost Korriban, Traya even says that when the pub forces arrived the Sith had all killed themselves.

Traya never had an empire, she lead Malacore V and a few ships. You are using flawed information to make your assumptions, therefore your assumptions are false. I call a re-examination.

^This. Kreia has scattered remnants of forces while Revan has a vast army...this is the main reason I thought this contest ridiculously favored Revan.

After reading the OP I honestly expected more from this thread than the "who's better/cooler" threads I've glanced at and skipped over in the past. But half the arguments here have come down to support of which character people like more without any real thought put into the pure logistics of the militaries facing off against each other, leaders aside. But while I expected more from his initial post, the OPs contrivance to force a 1 on 1 battle, and his blatant defense of Kreia throughout the debate...well, I guess I know to just pass over these Kaggath threads like I would a thread titled "Death Battle".

You know it's a good debate when your supposedly impartial judge is going to argue for one side the whole time :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Darth Traya wins. Revan's biggest advantage in this battle is the Republic fleet. But just like we saw with the Harbinger, Sith Assassins can neutralize that advantage with ease. This forces Revan to mobilize troops for an attack on Malachor V, where they would be utterly crushed. Whether the Jedi there are killed by the Sith or turned by Malachor's dark energies, Revan would lose. And then, Traya turns Revan to the Dark Side.

Traya wins a sound victory.

If Revan turned Dark, again. would not he just get stronger? PLUS, Revan would still be alive. The match would not be over.

Edited by Lexor_YoMommah

Yeah ,maybe not THE best,but you have to agree,he was one of the best....
Yes I agree (I believe he was more powerful as a Sith however). But Traya was one of the most powerful Sith Lords - I'm not saying she would win in a fight, but this is as much a battle of minds than of strength. Edited by Beniboybling

traya was a very powerful force wielder.a manipulator ,a historian.she could protect herself from poison,control

beasts ,make her enemies feel their worse terrors,and forsee things far away from her time.revan's was

an expert dueler and had a very strong connection to the force,but not as strong as traya's.he could

also resist the dark side very affectively ,which means that traya's manipulating abilities

wouldn't work on him.Revan was a great strategist,while traya was more of the mastermind type.

if they went in a one on one lightsaber duel ,traya's telekinitic lightsaber's would give quite a fight

since traya is a master of shii-cho makashi and soresu.But Revan's lightsaber skills were better

because of his experienc all this years both as a Jedi and a Sith Lord.The best chance for Traya

to defeat Revan is using her powerful standart dark side abities(lightning,force grip,e.t.c.)

in an ammount that would overwhelm revan,but I don't think there's a big chance for that to

happen....Finally not sure if Revan's Empire and the Revanchist can be used(because he didn't have any

in the end)but if they can they would defeat Traya's Sith Triumvirate,because,mostly,by their overwhelming numbers...

Edited by konstadinosblue

traya was a very powerful force wielder.a manipulator ,a historian.she could protect herself from poison,control

beasts ,make her enemies feel their worse terrors,and forsee things far away from her time.revan's was

an expert dueler and had a very strong connection to the force,but not as strong as traya's.he could

also resist the dark side very affectively ,which means that traya's manipulating abilities

wouldn't work on him.Revan was a great strategist,while traya was more of the mastermind type.

if they went in a one on one lightsaber duel ,traya's telekinitic lightsaber's would give quite a fight

since traya is a master of shii-cho makashi and soresu.But Revan's lightsaber skills were better

because of his experienc all this years both as a Jedi and a Sith Lord.The best chance for Traya

to defeat Revan is using her powerful standart dark side abities(lightning,force grip,e.t.c.)

in an ammount that would overwhelm revan,but I don't think there's a big chance for that to

happen....Finally not sure if Revan's Empire and the Revanchist can be used(because he didn't have any

in the end)but if they can they would defeat Traya's Sith Triumvirate,because,mostly,by their overwhelming numbers...

Your point is..... decent. But there are a lot of variables you didn't consider. This is a battle of powerbases. While I disagree with the outcome as well, it is over. Not much we can do.

Revan was known as a brilliant strategist. He humbled the Mandalorians, who's sole purpose is war.

He then was crushing the Republic, even against an enemy that had the battle meditation of Bastila Shan.

Traya was not 'that' powerful. Her apprentices grew more powerful than her, and when you see how Revan disposes of one of the most powerful Sith Lords on the Dark Council in the book 'Revan', you see why this fight clearly goes to Revan. Darth Revan or not.

Unfortunately Traya wasn't as tough as a Sith as people like to think. She was wise, (Sort of, she was immensely incorrect about Revans motives as we now know he was pretty mind 'mind dominated' to obey.) but in duels she wasn't that good, and it would come down to that.

I see people mentioning Malachor V being her strength...well...who caused Malachor V to be as it is? Revan. Why do people think it would favour her more than Revan himself? I have no idea.

So I think Revan wins the forces battle, and the solo contest. Traya wasn't much of a warrior.

(may I make clear that the Revan in this battle is the Revan of the Mandalorian Wars – and his power base is all that he had command over during the said conflict)

I know this one's already finished, but I just wanted to point this out re: Malachor V's Force imprint favouring Traya. Not only is Revan still a Jedi (albeit an unorthodox and increasingly desperate one), but he'd have no knowledge or use for the Malachor V 'wound'/Dark Side imprint. Traya, on the other hand established and studied the nature of the focal point of the Force irregularity at what would become the Trayus Core for years.

Granted she was defeated there previously by Sion and Nihilus, but the Trayus Core also amplified their Dark Side affinity as well. With Revan, that's not the case. Even if he was hovering somewhere in between Light and Dark at this stage, he'd be completely overwhlmed by Traya's combined Mastery of the Force and amplified power via what is basically a Dark Side Nexus.

Darth traya can no more kill revan then a mother can kill her favorite child(wicked mothers excluded)

Now compleetly ignoring that revan is a far greater combatand tatictian or force user then traya lets focus on the tiny little thing that revan has and traya doesnt.

Leadership skillz.

To clairfy she said very cleary agains the exile(while my male exile anyway) that she know she is not a leader.

Revan is a leader.

Darth traya will find her power base turning on her sooner or later and then she is screwed.

Her only advatage(manipulation) is non existance because revans knows her.

This isnt a battle this is a massarcar.

• 1 month later...

I love how this thread won't die, mostly because it is obvious that some people disagree with the reasoning of why Darth Traya beats Revan. After having just read about all the pages I too was a bit disgruntled by the supposed decision reached by the OP.

At the most, she could make it a stalemate. At the most.

You all have basically boiled it down to her and her assassins vs. Revan and his entire armada. Malachor V was a nice curve ball, but let's be honest: it wasn't what turned Revan to the Dark Side. I

I feel as though only someone like the Emperor could twist Revan's mind to his bidding as that was some above and beyond mind control. So Malachor V, while interesting is balanced out with Revan, well Revan. One of the most powerful Jedi known.

So it comes down to Revan and his fleet vs. Darth Traya and her assassins. In sheer numbers Revan has that beat, but people seem to continually discuss how Darth Traya can use her ninjas to cut off the head and let the body die. Which would work if Revan hadn't faced that numerous times before. Even in his weakened state after Malack's betrayal I can't help, but remember Revan not being stopped by stealth ambushes. So why would that beat him on his own ship? Or if they do take over one of his many, many ships in his fleet, why one or two ships would stop him?

It comes down to how effective are these assassins and how many does Kraya actually have. It is a bit of a numbers game, but also these assassins proved to be very ineffective in the game once they revealed themselves.

And a 1v1 fight is equally murky. Kraya has her little floating light saber trick, but that didn't stop a still recovering from being cut off from the Force Exile from beating her. So couldn't a fully powered and operational Revan be able to give an equal *** beating? Especially with age on his side in addition to the Force and his skill with a light saber.

While I was pleased to see that people don't gush about Revan as much as I thought, it kind of looked like people made up for it with an over abundance of hate toward the fanboying nature of him. Which may or may not have influenced some people's choices.

In the end, would have preferred a vote on this one because these two come really close in terms of their abilities and resources. But oh well. I didn't get a chance to see this when this was originally made so my fault for not replying in time.