Skank Tank or Shank Tank imbalance

Caeliuxrules

Its simple. Tank mitigation that defense rating is giving needs to be tied directly from the shield equipped. Meaning the tank specs needs a overhaul completely to provide actual mitigation for pvp. ATM the current stat of tanks is useless in pvp far as a meat shield is concerned.

Sure a high HP tank takes longer to kill, but there is problems that exist for jug and pt where shadow actually is given a boost cause its still categorized as a light armor class in the spec itself.

The absorb and shield rating either needs adjusted or put in use for tanks better. No crit for max tanks needs to happen.

As well tanks should least have one offensive move even in full tank gear that does damage due to maybe a high defense rating.

Tanks should not be able to mix a match Dps gear, its imbalanced if game allows a tank to be able to hybrid itself.

Bottom line is this fix should of been done years ago, there needs to be fixes to pt and jug tanks to equal the mitigation sin tanks has. As well offering a stable defense with some fine tuned offensive moves to make the class unique being a tank.

ATM, these Skank tanks is imbalancing the game, nobody wants to do 4s cause of it, nobody wants to gear as a full tank cause of it, the game is now a complete slug fest of healer and Skank tank premades.

Its a abomination of bioware allowing this to happen.

I don't understand why this thread is still going on. It doesn't look like anyone plays actual team ranked here.

Nobody ever played with skank tank premade, unless for massive lulz. You're saying skank tanks are imbalancing 4s. But what will happen if tanks will suddenly do way less damage? Acid will happen. Every single game.

Healing is still very strong and TTK is too big, skilled healers can routinely do 8k+++ hps in arenas, which does to 10k with DPS' self healing abilities. At this point to actually kill something before acid another team should do 12k dps minimum, which isn't possible without dps geared tanks.

So please stop this massive nonsense thread, jump off your casual RP server and try real queue against real teams.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the love of God... We have a person who plays a Merc, an OP and a marauder complaining about PTs, Sins, and Juggs being OP. It is hilarious but yet at the same time pitiful......

Did you even read the thread, I never said overpowered.

I said imbalanced, which is actually a fact.

There is a difference between a class being overpowered, and a spec being imbalanced due to lack of fine tuning with the gear and what the spec actually should be doing.

Read the thread, before you come and throw the he said nonsense, what I never said nonsense please and ty.

Edited by Caeliux

I don't understand why this thread is still going on. It doesn't look like anyone plays actual team ranked here. .

You mean actually team ranked, or lack of a better term q sync. Cause let me tell you q sync is happening alot. Lets not forget reg pvp is stocked piled with skank tanks and healers, no actually dps anymore, and if so its few and far between.

Nobody ever played with skank tank premade, unless for massive lulz. You're saying skank tanks are imbalancing 4s. But what will happen if tanks will suddenly do way less damage? Acid will happen. Every single game.

Healing is still very strong and TTK is too big, skilled healers can routinely do 8k+++ hps in arenas, which does to 10k with DPS' self healing abilities. At this point to actually kill something before acid another team should do 12k dps minimum, which isn't possible without dps geared tanks. .

You mean if tanks actually benefited with tank gear like it should be? Well isn't that the whole purpose of being a tank is actually having gear that matters to the point where the spec don't have to be relevant wearing dps gear in solo or in regs?

So please stop this massive nonsense thread, jump off your casual RP server and try real queue against real teams.

Don't get it twisted, just because Ebon Hawk has the word roleplay under its title, don't mean real legit PvPers don't exist on the server. I am here to tell you there is a decent guilds and players who play on Ebon Hawk. Harbringer isn't the all be all server it used to be, I know TRE has some hitters there probably the best but thats EU and I am a US player.

Don't judge my post with a elitist mindset with your server status, judge the thread as a whole.

And if I am not mistaken looking at your rank, ain't yourself rolling skank tank JUG in solo to get a rating?

http://www.swtor.com/leaderboards/character/4611688396330894464

Is this is why you criticize me cause your having a decent successful solo ranked season in skank tank, and you don't want the rug being pulled under you cause then you would have to be a dps JUG, which is't doing well at all in solo?

Js.

Edited by Caeliux

Did you even read the thread, I never said overpowered.

I said imbalanced, which is actually a fact.

There is a difference between a class being overpowered, and a spec being imbalanced due to lack of fine tuning with the gear and what the spec actually should be doing.

Read the thread, before you come and throw the he said nonsense, what I never said nonsense please and ty.

That’s a fine line you are walking and I think a flawed one. Your redefining imbalanced and declaring something imbalanced if it doesn’t do what you define a spec to do.

What is the spec suppose to do in your view? How much dps should a tank spec have, and how much survivability? If your going to be define what a class should and should not do you need to be clear about it.

Personally the reason people have gravitated toward skank builds is that the dps builds of Van/PT and Guard/Jug are too weak and the tank version has no place. Its not just the tank version not being any good, its also the dps versions being too weak. So people went with a hybrid. Now it still is no gunslinger or commando dps wise, not even close, nor is it as tough but its a world better than they have with any other builds. Only the shadow/assassin doesn’t need it.

I play on ebonhawk and I don’t see only healers and skanks, must be a time thing but I still see plenty of gunslingers, ops, mercs, maras, assassins, and even the rare sorc dps....

can everyone please stop bumping this awful thread? this will be my last post in it

You mean actually team ranked, or lack of a better term q sync. Cause let me tell you q sync is happening alot.
the guy breathing life into his thread every day is talking about queue syncing in TEAM RANKED

queue syncing

in team ranked

is this really a person worth arguing with? we're banging our collective head against a wall here.

Edited by yellow_

You mean actually team ranked, or lack of a better term q sync. Cause let me tell you q sync is happening alot. Lets not forget reg pvp is stocked piled with skank tanks and healers, no actually dps anymore, and if so its few and far between.

You mean if tanks actually benefited with tank gear like it should be? Well isn't that the whole purpose of being a tank is actually having gear that matters to the point where the spec don't have to be relevant wearing dps gear in solo or in regs?

Don't get it twisted, just because Ebon Hawk has the word roleplay under its title, don't mean real legit PvPers don't exist on the server. I am here to tell you there is a decent guilds and players who play on Ebon Hawk. Harbringer isn't the all be all server it used to be, I know TRE has some hitters there probably the best but thats EU and I am a US player.

Don't judge my post with a elitist mindset with your server status, judge the thread as a whole.

And if I am not mistaken looking at your rank, ain't yourself rolling skank tank JUG in solo to get a rating?

http://www.swtor.com/leaderboards/character/4611688396330894464

Is this is why you criticize me cause your having a decent successful solo ranked season in skank tank, and you don't want the rug being pulled under you cause then you would have to be a dps JUG, which is't doing well at all in solo?

Js.

Queue syncing in team ranked? What are you smoking? How can it even work?

My mindset is not elitist, I played on TEH and I'm pretty confident how things are going on there. There is one decent PVP guild that does qsyncing (and probably wintrading, not sure about that) and farms the vast majority of the server, which is kinda bad. Most people don't know general ranked rules (such as vanish regen on marauder, mezzing the healer or mercenary etc). In team ranked this guild is usually running gay comps such as double tank and gay strats such as TT. Still not enough to beat top NA teams.

About me being skank tank - I was playing vengeance until massive mercs and snipers buff. Mostly in s7 when juggs dps weren't really viable in solos already, and got top 3 by only playing dps. In s8 afrer some ninja nerfs and mercs/snipers domination it become unreal to achieve any success in solo ranked as dps. Not saying I'm enjoying tank that much, but since other disciplines are garbage there aren't many options.

But looks like it's not enough for bioware, and they nerfed the overall damage of all jugg disciplines at the same time. I guess primarily because of nonsense QQ threads.

Edited by DerSchneider

can everyone please stop bumping this awful thread? this will be my last post in it the guy breathing life into his thread every day is talking about queue syncing in TEAM RANKED

queue syncing

in team ranked

is this really a person worth arguing with? we're banging our collective head against a wall here.

Q sync in solo, there is no team ranked, and if you even tried to understand what I was saying it would amaze you.

There is countless groups geting into a ops syncing to get same pops in their guild with friends to boost their rating.

Because there is no team ranked.

Do I need to elaborate more?

ps. Do you ever not post senseless jargon to provide any support unless its a marauder discussion?

Edited by Caeliux

My mindset is not elitist, I played on TEH and I'm pretty confident how things are going on there. There is one decent PVP guild that does qsyncing (and probably wintrading, not sure about that) and farms the vast majority of the server, which is kinda bad. Most people don't know general ranked rules (such as vanish regen on marauder, mezzing the healer or mercenary etc). In team ranked this guild is usually running gay comps such as double tank and gay strats such as TT. Still not enough to beat top NA teams. .

Same thing has been happening on harb for years. Either was double ap with skank tank or now if team ranked was going on it would be a skank tank comp. Its reason 4's has died, cause game has imbalance not only with tanks but other classes that need tuned, heals, snipers, merc ect.

About me being skank tank - I was playing vengeance until massive mercs and snipers buff. Mostly in s7 when juggs dps weren't really viable in solos already, and got top 3 by only playing dps. In s8 afrer some ninja nerfs and mercs/snipers domination it become unreal to achieve any success in solo ranked as dps. Not saying I'm enjoying tank that much, but since other disciplines are garbage there aren't many options.

But looks like it's not enough for bioware, and they nerfed the overall damage of all jugg disciplines at the same time. I guess primarily because of nonsense QQ threads.

Like I said I know you run a skank tank do get that rating, Kana'ba runs on my server and is one of the top rated. The normal of late is jug or sin skank tanks all over the place. Every now and then a pt but mostly jug and sin skank.

The damage overall of other classes surpass jug and pt defenses in this current state.

I apologize for going there with you about your rating, my point being most of these post are from people who play skank in the current imbalance and wanna make it out like everything is all fine and peachy which by a long stretch isn't.

I do think heals is way overtuned, I do think sniper and merc are really crazy dps atm, I do think too many off-heals is going on. I do think PT needs some work, I do think there is alot of imbalance across the board.

And I stand behind tanks being fixed or ever overhauled to work in tank gear to provide a spec where dps isn't needed to be fun as well being viable.

I will hold my breath.

Edited by Caeliux

Personally the reason people have gravitated toward skank builds is that the dps builds of Van/PT and Guard/Jug are too weak and the tank version has no place. .

PT isn't weak dps wise, but is defensively, same with jug but jug is better off than PT current, and sin is good across the board current.

Tanks have no place cause of gear ration not providing actually mitagation good enough, sin does more because of way its been laid out, light armor spec still exist for it so it gets more mitigation than pt and jug current.

The fix AGAIN is to make tanks in hard cap defensive rating no crit, meaning you can't crit a full geared tank if they are hard capped defensive rating in pvp.

The fix also is along some of the skills to provide maybe a good one hit or 2, where some decent damage can be put out in a full tank gear setting.

The fix also is not allowing tanks to wear any dps gear, mods ect, make it spec mandatory to wear one certain named gear only that way no hybrid can happen. If tanks wanna gimp themselves after that they pay the price with the no crit.

The no crit would make tanks viable, stats needed adjusted for tanks to be viable, cause current its not.

Edited by Caeliux

Same thing has been happening on harb for years. Either was double ap with skank tank or now if team ranked was going on it would be a skank tank comp. Its reason 4's has died, cause game has imbalance not only with tanks but other classes that need tuned, heals, snipers, merc ect.

Like I said I know you run a skank tank do get that rating, Kana'ba runs on my server and is one of the top rated. The normal of late is jug or sin skank tanks all over the place. Every now and then a pt but mostly jug and sin skank.

The damage overall of other classes surpass jug and pt defenses in this current state.

I apologize for going there with you about your rating, my point being most of these post are from people who play skank in the current imbalance and wanna make it out like everything is all fine and peachy which by a long stretch isn't.

I do think heals is way overtuned, I do think sniper and merc are really crazy dps atm, I do think too many off-heals is going on. I do think PT needs some work, I do think there is alot of imbalance across the board.

And I stand behind tanks being fixed or ever overhauled to work in tank gear to provide a spec where dps isn't needed to be fun as well being viable.

I will hold my breath.

When overpowered DCDs will get adressed and healing nerfed then I'll pretty much agree on tank damage nerf. But mitigation stats should get fixed, or tanks will become a free tunneling garbage without having any possibility to strike back.

Personally the reason people have gravitated toward skank builds is that the dps builds of Van/PT and Guard/Jug are too weak and the tank version has no place. Its not just the tank version not being any good, its also the dps versions being too weak. So people went with a hybrid. Now it still is no gunslinger or commando dps wise, not even close, nor is it as tough but its a world better than they have with any other builds. Only the shadow/assassin doesn’t need it.

I play on ebonhawk and I don’t see only healers and skanks, must be a time thing but I still see plenty of gunslingers, ops, mercs, maras, assassins, and even the rare sorc dps....

I've said this on this forum too many times to count. Make dps specs less squishy, dps will go dps. Make tank gear meaningful, tanks will go tank. In the meantime skanking is the way to go for PvP.

I too played a vigi guardian through the early months of 5.0 In the meta of snipers and mercs who hit like trucks and survived like tanks. After a terrible hypergates where I literally died about 10 times I had my buddy make me skank gear.

As for the freezing force nerf, I don't think it's as bad as everyone is crying for tanks. I do feel miffed that an average - underperforming class is getting a nerf and that it is literally the only utility being nerfed because it does damage.

Edited by KendraP

I am going to play skank tanks until it gets fix.

Be ready for screen shots.

That way we can laugh at the imbalance. :rak_03:

I wil repeat myself again since some people aren't getting the point.

A tank will be useless in PVP with fixed tank stats unless they make them immortal or 80% damage reduction.

In a ranked arena without a healer there is no way a tank can survive, period. IT willbe ripped appart by dps. UNLESSS he is a skank. THis is why skank tank is they way to go and will be.

I wil repeat myself again since some people aren't getting the point.

A tank will be useless in PVP with fixed tank stats unless they make them immortal or 80% damage reduction.

In a ranked arena without a healer there is no way a tank can survive, period. IT willbe ripped appart by dps. UNLESSS he is a skank. THis is why skank tank is they way to go and will be.

I don't get what you are saying. People play tanks now and you make your post dramatic as if they will die faster if they have to wear tank gear. Even if tanks are literally useless both teams have ONE, so that must mean the better tank will give his team an advantage still...

(I didn't read your previous posts here btw)

Edited by invertioN

I am going to play skank tanks until it gets fix.

Be ready for screen shots.

That way we can laugh at the imbalance. :rak_03:

Feel free to roll a PT skank tank, and link some screenshots of the results of ranked matches. I don't think it's going to show you the type of "imbalance" you've been peddling here though.

• 5 months later...
Skank Tank = Tank with dps gear.

Shank Tank = Dps with guard, classes like jug, pt, or assassin.

Fyi: I don't care what you wanna call it, both are skank tank in my eyes. Whatever. You wanna call it skank, spank, shank, potatoes, do so. Bottom line a wannabe tank being a dps is a hybrid imbalance, period.

On topic: This debate and issue been ongoing for long time, now it's as bad as it gets with countless players playing this hybrid overturned class abomination.

Snave had a interview on this June 2016 among other issues and even Musco agreed and even commented the combat team knew the issues with guard and tank problems and agreed this was a serious issue for balance changes needed. Snave and Eric agreed a bandaid first is take away guard from dps, then Snave said exactly how to fix tanks is by making absorb or shield rating co exist for pvp where tanks actually can be tanks. Making guard only usable with a certain amount of shield rating or absorb boom fixed.

Link to interview Snave and Musco skip to 24:20

My question is to Eric Musco, or any Dev who reads these forums for feedback.

Question: Are you going to address this issue in 5.4 and if not then, when?

Thanks.

Snave should stop crying about his class ans behave like a true man. Operatives are overperforming in WZ-nes, they have too much mobility (most easy clas to score in Hutball), too much healing as dps, they bug the game with roll (leaped under map 5 times in the same WZ because of roll). Players go for shank because they have no competitive dps jug/guardian atm., the class is a totaly mess, no survivability/mobility, u can better tank with a merc/oper/sniper then a jug/guardian. Period. Do not compare oper with jug/guardian dps, the second one mentioned cant heal forever, cant run aut/in forever, cant stealth and reopen the fight after they full heal, do not have the buging mobility opers have. Class must be balanced in 1v1 scenario or common WZ-nes, not ranked.

Edited by Gingishan

Skank Tank = Tank with dps gear.

Shank Tank = Dps with guard, classes like jug, pt, or assassin.

Fyi: I don't care what you wanna call it, both are skank tank in my eyes. Whatever. You wanna call it skank, spank, shank, potatoes, do so. Bottom line a wannabe tank being a dps is a hybrid imbalance, period.

On topic: This debate and issue been ongoing for long time, now it's as bad as it gets with countless players playing this hybrid overturned class abomination.

Snave had a interview on this June 2016 among other issues and even Musco agreed and even commented the combat team knew the issues with guard and tank problems and agreed this was a serious issue for balance changes needed. Snave and Eric agreed a bandaid first is take away guard from dps, then Snave said exactly how to fix tanks is by making absorb or shield rating co exist for pvp where tanks actually can be tanks. Making guard only usable with a certain amount of shield rating or absorb boom fixed.

Not really gonna solve the issue because tanks will still need to do damage otherwise players will complain that it's boring and bam we are right back were we started!

The tank spec should be a support class one that produces buffs & debuffs. Star wars legends does offer a possible solution as far as implementation that being Battle meditations both Jedi and Sith had practitioners where they used the force to influence out come of battles.

For purposes of the game the player would channel the force into producing buffs/Debuffs for their side such as 3% increased healing or 5% dmg bonus, 2% reduced movement etc etc. Remove the barrier from sorc especially heals and grant to all tanks with caveat that the barrier has a large hit point total so would take a lot of DPS to bring down and that this barrier mitigates xx% of dmg but allows some through. When dmg get through it pushes the channel buff back so instead of 5% your drops down to 2.5% and starts to build back up.

Utilities option could range from multiple channel buffs at cost of less barrier hit points, Reduced push back or the ability to lock a channel to avoid push back, Cloaking, mobility while channeling. The Dev's could actually get creative and have the player manage a complex channeling system for static channeling and one a little more simplified for those on the move. This does several things one gives tanks a purpose along with their ability to guard which they would still have they would have a much desired ability and thus would be in demand. They wouldn't be doing any damage though they would still have base core abilities( for last ditch meh dmg.) so this prevents conflicts with DPS classes. Things to watch out for any attempt to guard or cap a node while in barrier would drop barrier and of course have a lengthy cool down. Limit the number of stacking of buffs so that say you get two tanks on a team one channels dmg buff of 5% the other either suffers diminishing returns or grants no bonus (i.e would have to channel another buff.) This could also add other skills to other classes such as stealth and BH who could hunt channeler's down.

Edited by Kazz_Devlin