Scheduled Maintenance: February 26th, 2013 - Postponed

gamorrean

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you post a video showing travel to Ilum, load in, complete clear of all dailies, turn in, travel to a place to actually play in 20 minutes flat I'll believe you. Pics or it didn't happen.

Just because you're unable to do it, doesn't make it impossible.

Besides, running Ilum only 1-2 times per week won't fund progression raiding.

Sure it does, it funds my HM TFB raids weekly.

Ilum will net you approximately 100k credits.

And no, I'm not willing to grind dailies with all or even half of my non-raiding playtime.

Then your argument for not being able to afford repair bills is moot.

Just because you're unable to do it, doesn't make it impossible.

Again, pics or it didn't happen. 20 minutes for getting there, grabbing quests, completing all, turning in, travelling somewhere else so you can actually play. Just because you're unable to prove it, doesn't make it possible.

Sure it does, it funds my HM TFB raids weekly.

Because all players have the same gear with the same repair costs under the old system and are wiping the same number of times and doing the same content? Someone is a narcissist: "It works for ME, so it works."

Then your argument for not being able to afford repair bills is moot.

No...it's not. Your point here makes no sense and points to nothing at all. I have time to raid. I don't have time for dailies 3 times per week.

I guess there's no point in arguing though. The system has changed and repair costs are reasonable again. So if it makes you feel more hardcore and willing to "work", then feel free to send credits randomly to other players to offset the new decrease in repair costs.

Edited by Eldrenath

Again, pics or it didn't happen. 20 minutes for getting there, grabbing quests, completing all, turning in, travelling somewhere else so you can actually play. Just because you're unable to prove it, doesn't make it possible.

LOL!

I don't need to prove it, lots of people can do Ilum in 20 minutes.

Black Hole can be done even quicker!

FYI: I'm in full 63 gear, less earpiece and implants.

ONE death and my repair bill is about 8k or so,maybe 9k or 10k at most.

If yours is 150k, that means you're dying WAY WAY WAY too much.

Once again, missing the point. Prior to today's patch, the level of the mods didn't matter. As was proved several times the shells of the gear were one of the biggest driving factors, leading to widely varying repair costs from player to player. 150k was for running several different ops and was the total over a weekend, not a single wipe.

But I don't see the point of discussing this--you stick to pointing out little details like "you need to be willing to work to earn money to run ops", which is a facile and childish argument. I have a job. I don't want to work in a video game. I put in effort on the ops trying new strategies, new builds, gear optimizations, etc. I'm not willing to spend 50%+ of my non-ops playtime funding the ops.

But again, pointless debate. The costs have lowered and are going to stay that way for now, it seems.

Man, it's like I'm talking to a frickin wall here.

You don't want to do what it takes to fund your raiding.

You are unable to do daily's 2-3 times per week, because you have a job (congrats, I have a job too)

You want to just raid, I get it.

How about the devs just give you a full dread guard set for your tears.

The game is designed a certain way, you are unable/unwilling to do what it takes to get said rewards, therefore you want it changed to suit your special needs.

Booooooooooooooring...

My favorite part was when someone said that doing Ilum dailies is "work." You play a game to play it as a game. Games have objectives in order to win/progress. You don't sit down to play Monopoly and just.. take what property you want. Please tell me a hobby where you don't have to put forth effort to enjoy it? That's the point of a hobby. Literally the point. It's something you do for pleasure. All "activities" take effort.

..Anyway, I'm boring myself with all this effort it takes to type. My next post will be made with mind powers, since complaining is my hobby. I wouldn't want to have to type my complaints.

Oh yeah, stop dying so much and you won't have to repair.

Man, it's like I'm talking to a frickin wall here.

You don't want to do what it takes to fund your raiding.

You are unable to do daily's 2-3 times per week, because you have a job (congrats, I have a job too)

You want to just raid, I get it.

How about the devs just give you a full dread guard set for your tears.

The game is designed a certain way, you are unable/unwilling to do what it takes to get said rewards, therefore you want it changed to suit your special needs.

Talk about talking to a wall...

You're right. I DON'T want to do that. It's a meaningless time sink. Comparing that to demanding a full dread guard set of armor is a puerile argument. I'm perfectly willing to try time and again in challenging raids. I'm perfectly willing to try different skill builds, work on optimizing different gear sets. At no point did I, or indeed anyone here disagreeing with you, demand a full suit of raid gear with no effort. My point is that the effort should be the op ITSELF, not pointless, simple, time-wasting grind. THAT is worth the effort, not the pointless anyone-can-do-it grind to get coin for repairs.

If you're point is something has to be earned, why does it have to be earned doing something that you yourself have said is completely easy and takes no effort or skill whatsoever, apart from time? What is the value in that?

And the game ISN'T designed that way. That's why they changed the cost today BACK to a more reasonable amount. Because they admitted it was out of whack. YOU are the one demanding the game be designed around your preferences of mindless, EZ Mode grind. YOU don't mind gating access to raids behind EZ mode grinding that takes no effort and wastes only time. You don't mind spending your time that way. Other people DO mind. Why gate challenging content behind zero challenge grinding?

I had ZERO problem with the repair costs pre-1.7. And now they've fixed what they admitted was an issue, and what many, many MANY players also thought was an issue. Once again, narcissism: "it works fine for ME to grind something that takes zero effort and just wastes time, therefore it should work for everyone else."

Edited by Eldrenath

I want to buy a new car, but I can't afford it... I'm going to complain to the dealership that I don't have enough money, and they should just give me the car.

Wow...just wow.

/endofdebate. I won't bother arguing with someone so completely out of touch with reality that they would compare time spent on a hobby video game swinging fake light sabers to demanding a free car in real life. Thank you, /ignore list.

Edited by Eldrenath

... I tried for like 20 minutes, but unfortunately I have to type. My keyboard won't give me what I want.

Anyway, if I remember every MMO or even RPG for that matter has had a grind aspect to it at some point of almost every single one of them. You grind for exp, cash, rep, potions, tonics, tintinabars WHATEVER it is. Everyone grinds in every RPG at some point, period.

I honestly don't think he's saying the game shouldn't be built around what he wants. He's saying quit whining and play the game. That's about it, if I read what Thundergulch said correctly. He wants you to stop being whiners and just play. Which includes some grind...

Thank you...

And you're very welcome.