We can romance Arcann ...FROM WHEN?

LordBraidenbach

We'd been discussing the hints and rumors that Scourge will be re-introduced as a possible romance. I don't see it making sense at all unless it's for the Knight only.

Why exactly does it not make sense to you, because of his condition?

Edited by Eshvara

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why exactly does it not make sense to you, because of his condition?

Because the Knight spent years forging a relationship with him, breaking down the walls of "Sith" and "Jedi". I just don't see him returning to an Outlander of any other class and them just throwing in a romance that makes any sort of sense or has any sort of depth to it.

I see the Knight finally closing the loop in his quest to find a cure, which opens the pathways for their relationship to escalate.

Edited by Dracofish

Because the Knight spent years forging a relationship with him, breaking down the walls of "Sith" and "Jedi". I just don't see him returning to an Outlander of any other class and them just throwing in a romance that makes any sort of sense or has any sort of depth to it.

I see the Knight finally closing the loop in his quest to find a cure, which opens the pathways for their relationship to escalate.

Unfortunately I don't think BioWare is going to make a romance (or other bigger content like that) for only one class/race/gender/whatever anymore :( Either they make it a one size fits all or more likely they don't make it at all.

Unfortunately I don't think BioWare is going to make a romance (or other bigger content like that) for only one class/race/gender/whatever anymore :( Either they make it a one size fits all or more likely they don't make it at all.

That seems to be the way of things, unfortunately. Thank the sock monkey gods for fanfic! Scourge and my Knight have been together for quite a while in my head! I finally just introduced them in my fanfic.

But for other classes, like my main Outlander (who is a Darth Nox)...I just couldn't see it. Sure, she'd think he's all intimidatingly hot and everything, but I don't see them being able to forge the same sort of bond he has with the Knight.

Edited by Dracofish

Even we men can like Arcann. :) I can't really say why others wouldn't like him but there are few reasons that I can think off:

First one that comes to mind that he will be actually first Force-sensitive male character available for romance, something that we haven't seen with other companions. Sure, some people have fantasized about Scourge, but it's not the same thing. Male characters have gotten female Padawans and apprentices to romance, now its turn for others to gain one male force-user to become a love interest.

Second one that I think is that Arcann is handsome, though this depends entirely from the player playing the game. I do think that he is a good looking person.

Third one, and thing what I personally like about him, his backstory and character. He and his siblings suffered horrendously at the hands of the Emperor, who, despite his new appearance as Valkorion, was in the end using his children as means to an end to achieve again something greater. Senya's attempt to save him and redeem him with her motherly love was one things that made me like her, as well as made me look at him and his family in whole new light.

This. He's a good looking man. Even before he's wearing that mask, along with his brother from the trailer... I guess? They're quite handsome. I just thought "Aww, he's evil and is gonna be killed eventually." but the second I knew I could save him I didn't think twice lol. I'm glad he's trying to redeem himself of his horrible crime to millions of innocent people. And yeah, it's not only women... come on, how bout us gay guys? :D

• 3 weeks later...
...Please tell me the below is someone's idea of a -good- joke?

Because the "Added with" line is giving me entirely too much hope. Which I'm loath to see crushed, considering we have already been given a date for that particular update.

URL removed

That would be data mined material which is a big no-no on these forums. You may want to remove that as posting or liking to data mined material can incur infractions and get threads closed or deleted.

Edited by ceryxp

• 3 weeks later...

My main toons, which are 8 of them and female, romanced and kept the romance going with their original husbands. (Those we've gotten back so far). My two male characters are romancing Theron. I had my male sith pureblood agent dump Temple (the game thought I wanted to marry her just cause I was flirting with her) so he could stay with Theron.

On 11 people I've taken through Forged Alliances through SoR, through Ziost, KOTFE/KOTET, Iokath, Umbara and Copero, I let Arcann live along with Senya.

I don't mind being his buddy or partner in fighting, but I have zero interest in romancing him. Not because of looks or anything, but one he DID kill everyone under the sun, and two I DO like Arcann in some respects, but not enough to romance him. He just rubbed me wrong.

If others want to romance him, for whatever reason, have fun, but not I.

Now if something happens to Theron, which I hope won't happen because I truly believe he's just a double agent and I'm only mad at him for not letting me know *** he was planning, then either I'll romance Koth if I can, the next NPC to come along, or if I have to, maybe Arcann. But I perfer Theron to Arcann.

Edited by Eanelinea

Jesus Christ....

Why do women like Arcann?

I'm a woman, and I'm not atm pining for Arcann. I wouldn't mind seeing it on youtube, but I won't have any of mine romancing him any time soon. Maybe one of my pure evil toons if I take them through the entire arc from Forged Alliances to whenever Arcann is romanceable.

Speaking of, is Arcann going to be heterosexual or bisexual like Lana, Theron and Koth?

As much as I love the idea of someone for everyone, if they keep making new companions bisexual it'll annoy me because not everyone is bisexual. I mean if they do make Arcann bisexual, fine, but just not every single new companion.

to be heterosexual or bisexual like Lana, Theron and Koth?

Confirmed for anyone to romance <3

If it was a single player game, and they didn't need to have resources for operations, PvP, GSF, flashpoints etc etc then I'd expect or rather prefer far more varied sexualities, but seeing as they need so much time and resources for those non-story/non-character things, and there's already very little personalised companion or progressing interaction for the current LI's, I'm glad all new ones have been open for everyone to romance. Wish it was different but I highly doubt companions are going to get enough developer love to justify it. Part of me thinks Arcann may be the last new romance added to the game, I hope not but then again there's already far too many LI's for the writers to give decent stuff :(

I'm a woman, and I'm not atm pining for Arcann. I wouldn't mind seeing it on youtube, but I won't have any of mine romancing him any time soon. Maybe one of my pure evil toons if I take them through the entire arc from Forged Alliances to whenever Arcann is romanceable.

Speaking of, is Arcann going to be heterosexual or bisexual like Lana, Theron and Koth?

As much as I love the idea of someone for everyone, if they keep making new companions bisexual it'll annoy me because not everyone is bisexual. I mean if they do make Arcann bisexual, fine, but just not every single new companion.

I can see both sides to it. I do love developed characters to the point where they have actual known preferences (whatever those happen to be), such as those that are written into the characters of other BioWare games (DA:I is the one that comes to mind the most). Though, that does cause issues around representation and fairness...and BioWare has yet to release a game with fully developed romances and equal representation for all.

In addition, as was already stated, resources are limited much more with this game. It's just easier to leave it open for everybody, not to mention more fair. Preference doesn't really come into play (at all) in the new companion stories (Lana/Theron/Koth), so it's really "playersexual" more than anything to me.

Now, before anybody bites my *** off, I say "playersexual" because it's not brought up at all...not like with other developed BioWare romances that actually mention bisexuality, such as with Zevran, Leliana, and Iron Bull. The romances here are essentially the same, carbon copies, regardless of gender, which is what they did with DA:2, if I remember correctly, and with DA:2 they came out and used the term "playersexual".

I would imagine that sort of thing would eventually come up in a relationship...coming from someone who has a bisexual husband. It doesn't define what we have. It doesn't even come up every day. But it's there. I know what guys on Vikings light his fire (it's Athelstan)...just like he knows what ones float my boat (it's Rollo). It's just...there.

Vikings Spoiler

Yes, we know Athelstan dies...so sad...but it did get weird at the end anyways...

"But maybe they just don't talk about it...to anyone." Okay, I'll concede that one...but I would hope my hubs would kick my *** far out of left field and out the stadium if he thought for an instant that he couldn't talk about that stuff with me. I think it was about a year in before I knew...maybe a year and a half...and I'm still the only person in his life who really knows. So yeah, he's not really open about it either. I dunno. Maybe we're an exception I guess.

Will I be writing Theron as bisexual in my fanfic? Yup. Lana? Yup. Do I think of these characters as bisexual? Yes. But, I still go with the term "playersexual" for these sorts of "one size fits all" romances.

Sorry for my rambling...

Edited by Dracofish

Yet another boring an awkward romance option ..like we didnt had enough already.. What do you find so attractive at a guy with half burned face? A guy who's also a murderer? I hope to God this Arcann romance is a joke.

While I have no interest in romancing Arcann, I have no problems with some romancing him. What someone finds attractive, I might not but I am also not the type to make a big deal about it if they do add him as a romance option. There really isn't enough because a lot of the ones they have I have never had any interest in romancing. My agent never romanced Vector as she found Sagaru more interesting.

Yet another boring an awkward romance option ..like we didnt had enough already.. What do you find so attractive at a guy with half burned face? A guy who's also a murderer? I hope to God this Arcann romance is a joke.

You already get to kill this character you hate so much, so what is your problem? You get to do exactly what you want to already.

I like scars, what can I say? Anyway, lucky for you, you don't have to do any romance you don't want to, you don't even have to recruit him or even keep him alive so...bye!

Because scars can be attractive too?

And for many of our characters, calling him a murderer is kinda the pot calling the kettle, wouldn't you say?

I can see both sides to it. I do love developed characters to the point where they have actual known preferences (whatever those happen to be), such as those that are written into the characters of other BioWare games (DA:I is the one that comes to mind the most). Though, that does cause issues around representation and fairness...and BioWare has yet to release a game with fully developed romances and equal representation for all.

In addition, as was already stated, resources are limited much more with this game. It's just easier to leave it open for everybody, not to mention more fair. Preference doesn't really come into play (at all) in the new companion stories (Lana/Theron/Koth), so it's really "playersexual" more than anything to me.

Now, before anybody bites my *** off, I say "playersexual" because it's not brought up at all...not like with other developed BioWare romances that actually mention bisexuality, such as with Zevran, Leliana, and Iron Bull. The romances here are essentially the same, carbon copies, regardless of gender, which is what they did with DA:2, if I remember correctly, and with DA:2 they came out and used the term "playersexual".

I would imagine that sort of thing would eventually come up in a relationship...coming from someone who has a bisexual husband. It doesn't define what we have. It doesn't even come up every day. But it's there. I know what guys on Vikings light his fire (it's Athelstan)...just like he knows what ones float my boat (it's Rollo). It's just...there.

Vikings Spoiler

Yes, we know Athelstan dies...so sad...but it did get weird at the end anyways...

"But maybe they just don't talk about it...to anyone." Okay, I'll concede that one...but I would hope my hubs would kick my *** far out of left field and out the stadium if he thought for an instant that he couldn't talk about that stuff with me. I think it was about a year in before I knew...maybe a year and a half...and I'm still the only person in his life who really knows. So yeah, he's not really open about it either. I dunno. Maybe we're an exception I guess.

Will I be writing Theron as bisexual in my fanfic? Yup. Lana? Yup. Do I think of these characters as bisexual? Yes. But, I still go with the term "playersexual" for these sorts of "one size fits all" romances.

Sorry for my rambling...

I never ever see it as playersexual, I see it as het, bi, gay, lesbian, etc.

Of course in the game it's actually playersexual, but in the RPness of my mind it's one of the above.

Game wise, truthfully I'm not surprised new companions or npcs are playersexual. Makes life easier for the devs.

RPwise, making everyone (playersexual) or not different types of sexuality is off putting.

I like variety. Cytharat on Makeb was gay. Lana/Theron/Koth are bisexual. Vanilla companions are heterosexual. And some npcs you can sleep with from Vanilla to now are whatever.

I just like variety for everyone in general.

Now, on an rp side where I get into the companions' heads, I can see Arcann being bisexual. (Or game play wise playersexual).

As I said, it's the variety that intrigues me more than 'I can romance character A, B, C, D, etc!!'

Because scars can be attractive too?

And for many of our characters, calling him a murderer is kinda the pot calling the kettle, wouldn't you say?

Yeah the scars don't bother me, my real life husband has big scars from surgeries and such.

It's Arcann's personality and what he did before redeeming himself that turns me off.

Yeah the scars don't bother me, my real life husband has big scars from surgeries and such.

It's Arcann's personality and what he did before redeeming himself that turns me off.

Arcann is actively looking for redemption, and the weight he bears for what he did is quite visible. He's a product of what Valkorion made him, and I truly believe in his sincerity at wanting to make a fresh start.

I think we tend to forget that many of the characters in the game, our own included, are far from innocent. It gets glossed over. My Sith Inquisitor used the hell out of those Silencers. She saved Makeb and then laid waste to it in order to keep it out of Hutt hands. My fairly Light-sided Consular made the choice at the end of Act I that resulted in the deaths of something like 12 pages worth of Jedi. Theron has blown up countless Imperials (but a lot of folks seem to forget about that one because they were Imperials, so that's cool).

If you don't like his character, that's fine...I don't particularly care for Koth (he's entirely a victim of bad writing). But out of all the characters, I think it's easy to see that Arcann is not the same person he was before.

Edited by Dracofish

Arcann is actively looking for redemption, and the weight he bears for what he did is quite visible. He's a product of what Valkorion made him, and I truly believe in his sincerity at wanting to make a fresh start.

I think we tend to forget that many of the characters in the game, our own included, are far from innocent. It gets glossed over. My Sith Inquisitor used the hell out of those Silencers. She saved Makeb and then laid waste to it in order to keep it out of Hutt hands. My fairly Light-sided Consular made the choice at the end of Act I that resulted in the deaths of something like 12 pages worth of Jedi. Theron has blown up countless Imperials (but a lot of folks seem to forget about that one because they were Imperials, so that's cool).

If you don't like his character, that's fine...I don't particularly care for Koth (he's entirely a victim of bad writing). But out of all the characters, I think it's easy to see that Arcann is not the same person he was before.

As I said, Arcann being a friend or a member of the Alliance is cool with me. If I didn't want him or didn't want to help redeem him, I would have killed him and been done with it. I just don't want to romance him. I don't think I could handle it right now (I might be able to further down the road). I know everyone in the game from our companions, to our alliance members, to Theron, Lana, Koth, Arcann, US, aren't perfect or goody two shoes. I get that. Even with my characters being light 5 they've still said or done a few things that I personally in real life wouldn't do and in fact would take offense to, (and just about nothing offends me). But I don't know. Maybe it's because they're okay giving Arcann a romance, but our original companions' romance is kind of meh at the moment. They took Theron and as of today, he's seen as a HUGE traitor to the Alliance. Quinn has nothing on Theron's betrayal at the moment. 5.8 or 5.9 or even 6.0 could be he IS a double agent.

My point, there's just something about Arcann I don't find attractive. It's not his voice, or his looks, my real life husband will never be on the cover of GQ, but it's his past, him putting my toon in carbonite. His family being nuts, killing people, etc. Arcann WAS less crazy *** insane than his sister and father (in his own way), but I'm just not a romance fan.

But that doesn't mean that someone who wants to romance him shouldn't. There's people who love crazy insane Dark Jaesa, I don't, I prefer Light Jaesa. There's people who love and would marry if it were possible, Khem Val, I sure as hell don't. And there's some, serious, or joking, who want Vaylin to somehow come back so they can romance her (I'd be afraid of her ripping a guy's junk off) but I'm not one who wants to.

So, I welcome the romance for Arcann for those who want to. Just as I would welcome a romance with Scourge for those who want him, even though I'd never in a billion years romance Scourge. It has nothing to do with looks, because I use default Andronikos and Corso looks and my Inquistor and Smuggler romanced them respectively.

As I said, Arcann being a friend or a member of the Alliance is cool with me. If I didn't want him or didn't want to help redeem him, I would have killed him and been done with it. I just don't want to romance him. I don't think I could handle it right now (I might be able to further down the road). I know everyone in the game from our companions, to our alliance members, to Theron, Lana, Koth, Arcann, US, aren't perfect or goody two shoes. I get that. Even with my characters being light 5 they've still said or done a few things that I personally in real life wouldn't do and in fact would take offense to, (and just about nothing offends me). But I don't know. Maybe it's because they're okay giving Arcann a romance, but our original companions' romance is kind of meh at the moment. They took Theron and as of today, he's seen as a HUGE traitor to the Alliance. Quinn has nothing on Theron's betrayal at the moment. 5.8 or 5.9 or even 6.0 could be he IS a double agent.

My point, there's just something about Arcann I don't find attractive. It's not his voice, or his looks, my real life husband will never be on the cover of GQ, but it's his past, him putting my toon in carbonite. His family being nuts, killing people, etc. Arcann WAS less crazy *** insane than his sister and father (in his own way), but I'm just not a romance fan.

But that doesn't mean that someone who wants to romance him shouldn't. There's people who love crazy insane Dark Jaesa, I don't, I prefer Light Jaesa. There's people who love and would marry if it were possible, Khem Val, I sure as hell don't. And there's some, serious, or joking, who want Vaylin to somehow come back so they can romance her (I'd be afraid of her ripping a guy's junk off) but I'm not one who wants to.

So, I welcome the romance for Arcann for those who want to. Just as I would welcome a romance with Scourge for those who want him, even though I'd never in a billion years romance Scourge. It has nothing to do with looks, because I use default Andronikos and Corso looks and my Inquistor and Smuggler romanced them respectively.

Yeah, I see that...except for Scourge. Because yeah. Love me some Scourge, lol. He and my Knight are totally IT in my head. I use Customization 5 for Andronikos because he lost an eye in my fanfic backstory (it happened on Voss), but in my head he still has the tattoo on his temple. Too bad there's not a customization for him that fits both. Oh well. Short of Theron, Andronikos is my favorite romance in the game, and both of them are central to my fanfic (yay for fic-enabled OT3's, lol).

I honestly don't know if I'd put anybody with Arcann in my "canon" playthrough. Throughout the entirety of Fallen Empire, he's totally crushing on the Outlander...those vibes are so thick. It's always read like foreplay to me. My Inquisitor is drawn to him, but I'm not sure I see anything actually happening, but I will absolutely be running his romance just to see it. I have three versions of the same exact character...one for Andronikos, one for Theron, and one waiting for Arcann. I definitely don't see Arcann with a Force-blind Outlander, and I don't really even see him with a Knight or a Consular.

About Theron,

I think BioWare has pretty much let the double agent thing out of the bag. With the last flashpoint, we saw him recording that conversation and allowing the Alliance to intercept it...not to mention the fact that his outfit is in the Cartel Market as the "Deep Cover Operative" set.

That being said, I'm not sure he will have a good enough reason for my canon Outlander to forgive him, even if she wanted to. He completely undermined her authority and made her look like an idiot. Taking him back would not bode well for her image of maintaining authority. It would just prove that the Outlander was never really in charge to begin with.

Edited by Dracofish

About Theron,

I think BioWare has pretty much let the double agent thing out of the bag. With the last flashpoint, we saw him recording that conversation and allowing the Alliance to intercept it...not to mention the fact that his outfit is in the Cartel Market as the "Deep Cover Operative" set.

That being said, I'm not sure he will have a good enough reason for my canon Outlander to forgive him, even if she wanted to. He completely undermined her authority and made her look like an idiot. Taking him back would not bode well for her image of maintaining authority. It would just prove that the Outlander was never really in charge to begin with.

My two males who romanced him would probably take him back, but ALL 11 of my toons I took through KOTFE/KOTET would be quite pissed that he just arbitrarily decided that HE knew better than I or Lana IF she's not in on it, which on one hand I don't think she's in on it, but on the other I think she IS in on it because I'm getting vibes from SOR all over again. I mean, I'm supposedly the Alliance Commander, I became a peacekeeper with a computer throne but not a sit my *** down throne and I lend aid and all that to the galaxy.

I have a feeling that the whole Umbara train spiel was for the benefit of the Order of Zildrog listening in because he sounded genuinely upset that he had to say all that and do what he did when he probably didn't want to. I get that.

But what the HELL was his or his and Lana's reasoning for NOT telling me what they planned?? I know he's an SIS spy or ex spy or whatever and he's probably really crappy at relationships in general, but seriously, I'm supposed to be this uber leet person ruling the Empire, Republic, Galaxy, etc and yet, he thought it was okay to leave me in the dark? Did he think I'd be a bad actor? And what about my two male characters who romanced him and love him? He even says he would do ANYTHING for me before Umbara began and yet, he just left pretending to be a traitor for his own reasoning.

I kind of really hope it was just his stupid decision to run off and play traitor and it wasn't a tag team between him and Lana. I think I'd be less pissed off if Theron was being a dullard and thought he was doing good by not letting me in, then if he AND Lana decided to do this **** and not inform me. Arg.

While I have no interest in romancing Arcann, I have no problems with some romancing him. What someone finds attractive, I might not but I am also not the type to make a big deal about it if they do add him as a romance option. There really isn't enough because a lot of the ones they have I have never had any interest in romancing. My agent never romanced Vector as she found Sagaru more interesting.

Aristocra Saganu would have been a far better romance option than arcann because:

- he is not a mass murderer

- never hunted you down

- never kept you as a "possession" in his vault

- is nice and polite

Wanna know why i have a problem with this arcann romance? Because i want my Jaesa back, she is far more popular than any other LI and i don't see why she is pushed back at every expansion.