Where's all the aluminium??

Axvil

So, DK resource nodes are pretty much -all- dash piles, with maybe one or two lucky spawns of aluminum, then once you get to Balmorra, it's already bronzium..

Yes, there -are- a few piles of aluminum but they're rare and few. Are we just supposed to skip right over the lvl 13 gear?

ps in it's own way, same goes for archeology as well

Indeed Dark Temple is where the upper T1 nodes are at. And it really is all kinds. Same goes for all gathering skills.

For Aluminum I have also found droid to be the most reliable source. There are a lot just west outside of Kaas city on the way to the Dark Temple.

Republic has a simular issue, but it's a bit easeier for them.

Their Aluminum Nodes start to consistantly show up in The Works, which also has loads of robots in them. So they can get Aluminum from the Nodes and droids in the area.

Edited by Jerid

[quote name='Rhaphael']Indeed Dark Temple is where the upper T1 nodes are at. And it really is all kinds. Same goes for all gathering skills. For Aluminum I have also found droid to be the most reliable source. There are a lot just west outside of Kaas city on the way to the Dark Temple.[/QUOTE] yeah, its just a shame that they nerfed the amount we can gather from creatures/droids.

yeah, its just a shame that they nerfed the amount we can gather from creatures/droids.

This is something I found really curious when they first announced it when it was on PTS... before the nerf was announced, I was often getting only 1-3 items from skinning critters/droids. I dont' see how they could have reduced it that much that anyone doing less then 100's of skinnings a day would really notice the difference.

Post Nerf I've never gotten a 0 result.

Level 1 Scavenging Metals have really HORRIBLE imbalance.

Usually you will end up with A LOT OF Desh and Silica and short of a large amount of Laminoid and Aluminium with your leveling of your paired crew skills. In the case of Coruscant, there is only one area out of 4 that give you Laminoid and Aluminium while you still get a lot of Desh there.

I thought I might be able to farm them from the level 16 FP but unfortunately I got a lot of level 2 mats instead.

Best and easiest solution is to make them dropped from level 10 or 16 FPs, so we won't have to station on the level 15-16 zones for days to get what we need. It will be terribly bad for lowbies because we would take all they need, only make things worse.

Or reduce the number of mats required for their schematics, at least half. Current situation is just more than horrible.

Edited by Hologramx

For Empire, you can run a loop around the area outside the Dark Temple and by the time you get back to where you started, the nodes have respawned. Repeat until you have enough mats.

For Republic, you can run a route through The Works and by the time you get back to where you started, the nodes have respawned. Repeat until you have enough mats.

There is a spot on Balmora that has a lot of aluminum. I can't remember where or what it's called... (not in game and just can't remember) but it's a spot around a bunch of heroic droids. They're fairly loosely grouped so it's possible run around and harvest with out getting aggro'd.