List of Missing or Bugged Codex entries from all Planets(Imperium)

Anduni

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello

please AmberGreen add problem with bugged/unobtainable codex entries

in "Known In-Game Issues"

this problem exists from start game in 2011 year and creates inconvenience to many people

also deserves attention

this lists of bugs

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=292539

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=104803

AmberGreen (responsible for problems and bugs- employee of Bioware) answer:

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting me. While we do know that there are Codex entries that are bugged, this is not something that belongs on the Known Issues. I've made a post here that clarifies what belongs there and why. Missing Codex entries do not affect gameplay, and we try to ensure that this list doesn't include issues such as this.

Nonetheless, I'll do some talking in the studio and will see if I can get enough solid info to post an update on the forums with regards to what's going on with Codex entries.

Thanks for understanding, and please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

I guess according to Amber, exploring the star wars universe and collecting lore objects giving a back-story behind many characters and locations is not apart of any persons gameplay experience. If it is not considered gameplay, why even have it in game? Why do bugged codex entries not qualify as bugs, yet the few achievement you acknowledge as bugs are on that list (still missing acid stalker from taris)?

• 2 weeks later...

5/30/2013 patch lists:

Exploration and Lore Achievements

Planet Exploration Achievements now display the Macrobinoculars requirements, which were previously hidden.

The "Imperial Explorer of Balmorra" Achievement can now be completed.

The "Loremaster of Nar Shaddaa" Achievement can now be completed, as it no longer requires lore objects which cannot be found. Players who have already met all requirements will automatically be granted the Achievement.

Players who have started or completed the Makeb mission "The Monstrous Mesa of Solida Hesk" now receive the proper Codex entry entitled "Operational Briefing: Makeb Strike Team" which counts towards the completion of the "Loremaster of Makeb" Achievement.

- The "Explorer of Ilum" Achievement can now be completed.

So, we're getting some love here. It's not a full bug squashing team, but at least we've got someone's interest on the patch group.

Here's what that means for Imperial Explorer of Balmorra:

Corrupted Fields

1/2 Farnell Research Facility

Gorinth Canyon

Markaran Plains

1/2 Sobrik

Sundari Flatlands

So, they've added an additional area flag to Sobrik and Farnell Research Facility in Bugtown. The above is on a lvl 40 Sorc with bonus and heroics completed already. Not sure if they trigger if you just go around wandering or not yet.

Macro binoculars are showing up for Balmorra. You have a tally of targets listed under the appropriate Legacy tab for Balmorra. So, no more guessing that you might need the expansion to close out a tab.

Loremaster of Nar Shaddaa was cut down to 3 objects:

Data Slicing

Slave Trading on Nar Shaddaa

The Spice Business

I don't have all 3 yet, so I'll have to see if the lore closes out when I do or not.

Update:

I have just finished Loremaster of Nar Shaddaa. It is correctly updating in both the Legacy achievements and the Planet entry of the Codex now.

Edited by Zerlatik
Updated information

For the completed Balmorra explorer items:

1. Sobrik: Walk out of town. That's seriously it. Somewhere around the heroic quest NPC you should update Sobrik to 2/2.

2. Farnell Research: Once you land at the bugtown taxi, start running into the lake. When you see the "Exhaustion zone warning", this should update to 2/2 and give you the bottom half of the map.

Nice to have that one finished.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Locations - Sith Academy now available for all imperials player (i tested on Bounty Hunter)

simple go in in sith academy on Korriban

Species - Advozse now available for all imperials player

kill mobs around 302; 512 Hutta (i tested on sith juggernaut)

still stay in my list becasuse republics player cant go on Hutta- so still bugged for republic

thanks theStirge for info :)

Edited by EnmaAii

• 4 weeks later...

hi guys,

i may have an idea about the codex 'history of tatooine'. i noticed you said it doesnt exist but i found an 'ancient tome' in outlaws den (see this video -

)

i do not mention it in the video but the tome is on the 2nd jump on the GTN building inside the crack.

if you read the 'history of tatooine' it talks about the war no one can remember. maybe this tome has the story of what happened in the war 30,000 year ago. although we arent sure how to activate the tome im assuming this relates.

hope this helps

• 2 weeks later...
For the Mutated Colicoid codex, when you encounter the two drones, ensure that you have your companion dismissed and DO NOT use an area of effect attack. Kill them one by one and you will get the entry, if you kill them in one shot with an AOE you get nothing and the respawn time is horrendous!!

• 1 month later...
Nar Shaddaa

Locations

• Lower industrial sector

Lore

• The spice business

Organizations

• Hutt Cartel

• The Exchange

This is the complete list of missing or bugged (for the Empire) codex entries for Nar Shaddaa.

These above items are definitely obtainable. I will say, they are a bit tricky to get. The Lore/Org datapads/codex items are hidden very well and in locations you likely just overlooked, or didn't visit altogether.

As for lower industrial section, this was the most tricky as there is no information on how to get there (at least, none that I could find) online at the usual places we find them. You will actually have to enter the republic area without getting killed by the several champion droids, actually go onto the Republic Lower Industrial taxi pad. You can actually see the taxi pad from Upper Industrial taxi pad, but you CANNOT jump down to it. You have to navigate through the building, find the right elevator, travel through several areas to finally reach the pad. Once you figure out how to get on the Lower Industrial taxi pad in the Republic area, you MUST get very close to or click on the republic taxi droid to get the codex. It is not easy to find, you will really have to look for it, and if you are not fast enough, you may get killed by the champs and/or get flagged for PvP in getting this. If you are quick, you can get past all the droids, get the codex, not get flagged and ride/jump off the platform and end up back at Upper Industrial. Good luck - I won't spoil it, but I assure you, the above things you can obtain, they are just very well hidden.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

At risk of necro-ing...

I got the Imperial Scholar title on Korriban. I ran my lvl-55 Sorc through picking up datacrons and killing Klor-slugs with my companion, and picked up The Hate Machine again on a whim. Ran through it solo, did the bonus, got the codex entry for it. I have 100% on codex entries on Korriban now.

For the Yozusk Platesmasher on Dromund Kaas: as far as I could tell while trying to hunt it down, it respawns once a week, on Tuesday after the patches--but ONLY ON THE MAIN INSTANCE. If there are multiple instances of Dromund Kaas, switch to the other instance: a Yozusk Platesmasher will spawn each time there's a new instance, and that might happen several times a day, depending on traffic. I switched to Instance 2, and he was right there just waiting for someone to kill him for the codex/achievement.

• 2 months later...

TaitWatson just posted this to one of the other bug report forums. Thanks Tait!

Just so you all know, there are two Codex fixes coming in 2.7:

• The “Species: Weequay” Codex Entry has been added to the game, and can be obtained via a Lore Object on Nar Shaddaa.

• The “Species: Trandoshan” Codex Entry has been added to the game, and can be obtained by killing a Trandoshan on Belsavis.

Thank you all for your reports! :tran_smile:

-tw

• 3 weeks later...

Hello fellow Codex hunters!

Tait just posted this earlier this month to his thread called 'Known Issues'. He also mentions there that they are carefully choosing what to include on that list and what not to. Look what's at the top of the list!!

General

A number of Achievements do not grant as intended.

A number of Codex entries do not grant as intended.

To me, this is a positive sign that they are going to be continuing to fix the codex. Tait if you read this, THANK YOU to you and the developers who are tracking these down and fixing them. Lots of people love to hunt and complete these, and we've never been able to complete them since launch. Please don't stop fixing them, and thanks again!