Did 1.4 correct the latest Nvidia Driver issue?(306.23)

Ditolus

Myself along with seferal other people on the forums reported that the latest geforce update from sept 13 cause problems with swtor such as major fps drops and crazy graphical glitches. i was told by bw they were aware of the issue and to roll back to previous drivers. did 1.4 correct this so i can now get the latest driver?

Nope. No matter what driver you have you are going to get stuttering and graphical glitches.

no im talking pre 1.4 this was happening. i was fine til i got the latest driver around sept 15th when i started getting these issues and and had to roll back.

Nope. No matter what driver you have you are going to get stuttering and graphical glitches.

Has any general fix been announced or has there been an announcement that BW is working on the problem?

I've never had a performance/stuttering issue in this game since launch, save for WZs at one point, but this has been smooth for months.

Downloaded 1.4. Now I can't play the game because the stuttering is so bad. I was leveling an alt Guardian, and can't walk around Balmorra. What happened, and can we simply revert to pre-1.4 until this is figured out? I think TOR is a great game, but I simply can't understand how something as bad as 1.4's performance issues can be approved for launch.

The problem can't be ALL our machines! Especially when many have reported never having had a problem running the game before, including all previous major and minor patches.

Edited by arunav

^This ... in relation to Nvidia Driver issues.

This Thread from CS Forums may have some help:

Choppy gameplay post patch

Please do the following: Uninstall video driver, clean boot and then clean driver install.

Depending on the graphics card the uninstall can differ:

NVidia recommend completing this through Control Panel/add/remove programs.

1) Go into your Control Panel

2) Double-click the Add/Remove Programs icon

3) Select the NVIDIA Windows Display Drivers from the list of programs.

4) Click Change/Remove or Add/Remove button.

5) Confirm with Windows that you wish to continue with the uninstall

Nvidia link:http://www.nvidia.com/object/IO_13955.html

ATI on the other hand recommend removing drivers via their own catalyst:

1) Click on Start

2) Open the Control Panel

3) Select Programs and Features

4) Select ATI Catalyst Install Manager

5) Click on Change

AMD link:http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/GPU57RemoveOldGraphicsDrivers.aspx

Instructions on performing a clean boot: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

When installing an Nvidia driver please choose the advanced install and tick the box for "perform a clean installation".

When installing AMD drivers, just perform the installation as normal after the clean boot.

Ive done everything theyve asked us all to do in order to fix the horrible frame rate, did the drivers they told us to downgrade, ive done the deletions they told us to do. IVe done everything and so has everyone else. Why cant they ackknowledge that this horrible frame rate issue is caused by their game not by our pcs. They try saying we have other programs running which we dont. IVe never had an issue withstwor untill this patch. I know its not my pc or internet cus I am running Battlefield 3 online on very high settings and its running better then on an xbox360...

Weve all tried your suggestions bioware, no fix for the hundreds of players.. So now what. stop responding with the same thing please cus we all did what you said over and over. no fixes still :( We know its not us cus wever never had issues. Cant you all just acknowledge its your patch 1.4 thats the problem. I can run BF3 on very high so dont say its my drivers or gpu

it isn't the new nvidia driver that's the problem cos I had the issue with the old and now with the new drivers .......... just another reason to drop this junk game as soon as possible.

If they don't even accept they have caused a problem they aren't going to look at fixing it................

You keep respsonding with the same responses about uninstalling drivers and deleting that stuff, weve even toned down all of our graphics in game to very low, still getting really bad frame rates. taxis on corusant still go invisble, space combat is horrible now, stuff dissapearing and so much more

it isn't the new nvidia driver that's the problem cos I had the issue with the old and now with the new drivers .......... just another reason to drop this junk game as soon as possible.

If they don't even accept they have caused a problem they aren't going to look at fixing it................

They havent accepted it, they just keep blaming it on our pcs, which i know its not my pc cus im running BF3 online no issues on very high

They havent accepted it, they just keep blaming it on our pcs, which i know its not my pc cus im running BF3 online no issues on very high

totally agree but it's just about their level of service ie non-existent; like the quality of the game itself. Shame really as there was so much promise which they managed to screw up even better than totally.

Uuntil I see a stickied thread at the top addressing this issue I'll assume the DEVs are still in denial. Seen this sort of early attitude before after major updates on DCUO - do all these hoop-jumping steps they ask which rarely ever help at all other than sending people on wild goose chases. At some point they'll fix the mess they created on their end and all will be well again. I just wonder how many days it will take?...

Well as you can see, they know the bugs hundreds of players started seeing with sound, and frames and graphics issues. We get the same responses everytime, when everyone tried what they told us to do and it stil doesnt fix the issue... They just keep repeating the same thing over again if you notice. Oh sorry that didnt fix it, so they post the same thing again, we know its not our computers. It's the patch itself. but its easier to deny the issue is the patch but simply us instead. This is why you need to have actual real beta testers not the public

Myself along with seferal other people on the forums reported that the latest geforce update from sept 13 cause problems with swtor such as major fps drops and crazy graphical glitches. i was told by bw they were aware of the issue and to roll back to previous drivers. did 1.4 correct this so i can now get the latest driver?

I had the same issue and rolled it back. Have been looking for info. updates dilligently on this and haven't seen any, so I think it's a safe assumption at this point 1.4 didn't include a fix. If you do try the latest driver again please post if it works or not.

Side note - Still seems strange seeing all these games listed as supported in gpu drivers and stuff but never TOR.

Edited by Joesixxpack

I've had AMD driver issues since launch, at the time I had a new i7 when this game came out, I've taken my PC back to,where I bought it too twice. They can't find anything wrong with my machine only thing they could think of was its a power issue. So I bought a battery back up. Was playing few weeks ago and when I grouped with people if they weren't next to me the player character picture would look like white noise. Switch to nvidia 560 played for a week. Seemed ok. I haven't been on since update. But at this point. I'm getting back into other games I haven't played since this game went live. Sorry BW I bought a new PC to play Star Wars but I'm burnt out. Lol. :mad:

They have no responsibility to keep up with current manufacturer drivers. Just because your card OEM released a new driver doesn't mean you should be installing it.

If the new drivers screwed up the performance, then it's time to roll back to the previous driver so that it functions correctly.

The driver issue was caused by that one patch. I uninstalled my nvidia driver and then reinstalled it. It fixed my problem. The patch that was "supposed" to fix the fps issues did nothing nor did the 1.4 patch. And all my other games ran fine for me as well. So if your qqing and blaming Bioware and have not uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, you have not attempted to solve the problem as most people reported that the only game that was effected was SWTOR and reinstalling drivers fixed their issues.

I hadn't had any graphical issues before 1.4 and hadn't updated my Nividia drivers in 2 years. Post 1.4, I've gotten the stuttering and no in-game graphics settings clears the stuttering. I also uninstalled my old driver and downloaded a new one and while I've noticed an improvement in the graphics, the stuttering issue continues.

It is NOT my cpu.

I have an AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series, I have un-installed and re-installed the catalyst center and nothing has changed, i'm still experiencing stuttering ingame and poor performance. Any other ideas? Besides quitting for awhile until maybe they get it fixed!

I have an AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series, I have un-installed and re-installed the catalyst center and nothing has changed, i'm still experiencing stuttering ingame and poor performance. Any other ideas? Besides quitting for awhile until maybe they get it fixed!

Dunno, that's certainly tempting. Things I've noticed since 1.4:

1) Graphical framerate stuttering

2) Schematics no longer check against your known schematics when you use them.

3) Companion headgear appears after any cutscene if you had it toggled off

4) Esseles Group Finder mission does not give you the option to go back to where you originally were.

5) Power core room in Esseles now has other sticking issues.

...and on, and on...

Edited by Gemin

I tell you what I had to do to fix this problem. It's a somewhat lengthy fix. I reinstalled (clean install AND IN WINDOWS SAFE MODE) my 296.10 Nvidia drivers. Once installed I set all my Nvidia control panel settings to what I had previous in 306.23 (so write them down if you need to) BUT I did one other thing. on the "Maximum pre-rendered frames" located in "Manage 3D Settings" I set the max frames to 8. now I have to be honest it did not completely remove all problems, however there is a HUGE improvement in the horrible stuttering that was happening before. It may work for some of you and not for others but my frustration led me to try ANYTHING. Good luck. If you need the driverw for 296.10 .....here http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/43997 :D. I am going to try the 301.42 drivers next and see what happens

I just received my new uber Lenovo laptop about a week ago. Quadro Nvidia card--not for gaming, I know, but purported to handle games pretty well.. SWTOR ran beautifully until 1.4--smooth as a baby's butt on max settings.

With 1.4, stuttering frames when I move. I guess I can try reinstalling the drivers, though I know they arent the changed variable causing the problem. Should I really reinstall the drivers, or should I roll back to a previous one? Or leave them alone and wait? I'm not eager to start screwing with the drivers because I've seen them work well with not only SWTOR but other softwares.