The loss of Named weapons

JasmineMoldovia

I don't know about anyone else, and I'm probably alone here, but I Really enjoyed the special weapons we used to have at end game, "Fast Credits" "Neo-crusader's Notchcutter" "Oath of Ragnos" and the like. I find it severely disappointing that they seem to be removed from the game. I get that we have better drops now, but it just...seems like a loss to me.

They added flavor/personality. If I could I would of ripped the mods out of the new stuff to keep in my guns. But, it seems like they're just no longer available.

I wanted Quickshot so bad, but my smuggler never made it to the elder game in time... now it's lost forever. I feel your pain, OP. They've even gone and rebalanced Lost Island HM, but all for naught now.

It's small consolation that I can get an identical looking weapon for 150 classic comms, with a long boring name and an orange crystal (as opposed to Cyan).

Thematically especially for the Sith/jedi weapons it made sense. Most Sith are always hunting for relics of the past steeped in the power of the Darkside, while jedi would take a look at a lightsabre and feel the weight of it's legacy and use it as a focus to do great things.

For the rest, the claims might be a bit more loose. I just wish they could bring those back. Honestly I love the new condensed Comms, but if their going to take stuff out, is it really worth continuing to subscribe. I was looking forward to my sets so much, but now... what's the point it's all generic.

Edit: Also, how are we supposed to get Purple crystals now...they were found exclusively in those weapons.

Edited by JasmineMoldovia

Edit: Also, how are we supposed to get Purple crystals now...they were found exclusively in those weapons.

Artificers will be able to RE purple and cyan (and black-blue/red) from high end weapons... eventually, when they get the kinks out.

For the rest, the claims might be a bit more loose.

Well perhaps a bit of Corso's blaster fixation rubbed off on my smuggler.

Edited by ArenRakescar

Well perhaps a bit of Corso's blaster fixation rubbed off on my smuggler.

Indeed it's something that will be missed, though in all honesty I may not stay subbed after the month ends, given No Cathar, Loss of something I loved, people still Skip happy in end game flashpoints and lack of more class story. I'll probably resub when class stories continue again.

As the above poster said, they can be RE'd by artificers. They also drop from the Scum and Villainy operation.

OT: I can see why they did it. A lot of people don't know how to stat their class and so only use the pieces that they're "supposed" to use. The result is a lot of people asking "which blaster am I supposed to take?". Now it's just "Campaign Eliminator Blaster" or somesuch, and it matches the name of the rest of their set.

That said, I really liked the names on the old weapons. They certainly added a sense of uniqueness to the weapon, even if everyone else had one.

Armstech at 450 can craft orange versions of those named ranged weapons. However I do not believe the lightsabers are available anymore.

Would be cool to open up the lightsaber schematics to artifice.

Also would be cool to see new named weapons drop in the new Ops.

Edited by KarethRiker

I know, but I didn't get a chance to get more than 2 of a 4 weapon set (titonese, and then the upgrade, got one upgrade and one titonese.) I would of enjoyed finishing the set. I just think it's a loss, an expansion should never REMOVE stuff, just add.

Welcome to MMOs. Items and gear are retired all the time in these games. There are other things along the way that people can no longer get like certain pre-order bonuses or pets. Life goes on.

I agree. I liked it in LOTRO where you could give your weapons custom names. That probably wouldn't work well in SWToR, but they could make something where an item adorns your weapon with a name that has to do with the objective you completed. Would be a nice change.

• 7 months later...
Armstech at 450 can craft orange versions of those named ranged weapons. However I do not believe the lightsabers are available anymore.

Would be cool to open up the lightsaber schematics to artifice.

Also would be cool to see new named weapons drop in the new Ops.

I thought they could craft new shells, but the old names are gone for good.

Either way I'd love to see names on weapons again, other than [randomnumbers genericname] and [settitle weapontype]