I'm Broke

ChaoticDynamite

So I'm flat out broke with my main sitting on about 370,000 credits plus all my alts with about 200,000 total which puts me at a total of 570,000 credits. You see this lack of credits does not come from excessive spending just when I hit 50 didn't give myself a good head start which in term led to a drop of credits over a certain amount of time. So is anyone else in the same boat?

Basically I'm broke don't understand all these credit sinks everywhere and wonder if some of you also have this credit problem. :o

So I'm flat out broke with my main sitting on about 370,000 credits plus all my alts with about 200,000 total which puts me at a total of 570,000 credits. You see this lack of credits does not come from excessive spending just when I hit 50 didn't give myself a good head start which in term led to a drop of credits over a certain amount of time. So is anyone else in the same boat?

Basically I'm broke don't understand all these credit sinks everywhere and wonder if some of you also have this credit problem. :o

Less than 100k on all my characters currently.

What are your professions? How/where are you spending your money? Are you doing the daily missions?

Give us more information...

Simply do the daily quests... you'll have plenty of credits in no time.

this. BH dailies give you at least 100k. i think Section X gives around that much too. forgot how much Belsavis and Ilum dailies give, but back before Section X, you could make about 350k in one day just by doing BH, Ilum, and Belsavis dailies.

Doing Blackhole (just under 80K), Belsavis (North and south) (around 150k), Section X (somewhere between 70-90K), and Ilium (70-80k), and your space daily I think 100k)....My estimations may be off you can make between 450-500k per day in under 3 hours per lvl 50 character. Edited by morningstation

Ord'os - About 1,500,000

Nydus - About 500,000

Naresa - About 750,000

Toclafance - About 100,000

- Arcada

I used to be pretty broke. Did dailies, (surprisingly, killing mobs for about an hour on Corellia and looting them for creds/gear to sell makes a decent amount of money) did Flashpoints and Ops, recently sold a Black Market Cartel Pack on the GTN for 400k, Now i'm at 950k or so. You'll get there, don't worry.

(Please don't take this as bragging) My highest is 36 (BH) and I have many, many alts. Most of which have taken all of the crafting professions (with exception of the one that makes stims and meds and such 'Biotech'?) With lucky drops being on the low end of the totem pole, most of my income has come from crafting. I just went over four million credits.

Selling low end starship parts, droid parts, my purple recipes in the crafts I have, have paid off. I shunt all my money to one character, as well as all the gathered resources (a few of my alts are just pure gatherers) You would be surprised at how much some specific mats are worth.

I'm patient and smart about trends. With the Cartel Market, there are alot of empty slots to fill in gear. I'm quite happy to supply them to the masses.

Crafting made me money, I guess I'm one of the MMO people who go that route. It's fun. Also what everyone else said about the zones, dailies ect.

I have about 500k spread across all my characters (8 total). That's only because I haven't been doing dailies lately and I haven't put any effort into crew skills yet (boooring). Do dailies, 300k a day or thereabouts.

If you have multiple 50's the easiest thing to do is Ilum dailies. I think I can normally run everything in right around 20 minutes per toon (soloing darkness). So 400k in an hour and 20 minutes. Next is black hole, same 20 minutes for ~80k each. I vendor all greens and gtn all blues, and I think I've gotten 3 schems for magenta crystals in the 3 months I've been doing this which can be sold for ~400k each on my server.

Another thing is to play the GTN. There's plenty of people who sell 340 crafting missions for 4320 (default price). If it's slicing or underworld trading, you can resell for almost 10x that. There are plenty of items going up for the default price, you just have to be looking for them. There's tons of ways to make credits in this game, you just have to look for it.

Another possibility is grab around 6 people (columi or so) and kill the first 9 or 10 trash groups in TFB. It'd take you maybe 20 minutes and net 35-40k and possibly a stabalizer (~200k).

It honestly depends on your servers economy, which is why I have a bone to pick with Biowares pricing scheme, which seems to be based off the old fatman and its high pop economy.

See, servers with less players, like Gav Daragon on Oceania for example, have a poorer economy. Example, 750,000 on Gav Daragon is a LOT of money, and not easily gained. Simply because the market lacks Sellers and Customers to feed the money through. So for something like the legacy items which can cost in the millions, it's damned near impossible to earn the money easily, and you generally don't want to drop a cool million on something that is just a show off item.

• 2 weeks later...
It honestly depends on your servers economy, which is why I have a bone to pick with Biowares pricing scheme, which seems to be based off the old fatman and its high pop economy.

See, servers with less players, like Gav Daragon on Oceania for example, have a poorer economy. Example, 750,000 on Gav Daragon is a LOT of money, and not easily gained. Simply because the market lacks Sellers and Customers to feed the money through. So for something like the legacy items which can cost in the millions, it's damned near impossible to earn the money easily, and you generally don't want to drop a cool million on something that is just a show off item.

I don't think it matters what server you're on, the fact that you have to grind out legacy level 20 and spend almost a mil credits to get cool, exclusive looking deal is kind of silly in my opinion. Your dues should have been paid already when you hit legacy 20.

I was always short on money until my leveling experience with Scavenging / Slicing / Underworld Trading.

Gather scavenging mats and slicing boxes in the wild, run UT missions at every opportunity.

Then sell everything on the GTN. At level 45 with over 1 million.

I would recommend using some of the profits to get your companions to level 8000 affection. It costs about 100k worth of level 1 and level 2 gifts. This increases their crit chance by +4% for the UT missions.

I really don't see why this is a big deal. I have 4 lvl 50's and I doubt I ever have more than about 300k between them at any one time. If I need money for something I just do a dailies until I have enough for what I want and then I'm good. Money is easy to get, and rarely needed after you hit 50. I'd shutter to think of what you think you need that you can't aford, tbh.

Another way to make money... do mid-level heroics and sell the items you get on the GTN... cha-ching. I do the heroics sometimes just for fun and sell the stuff at a lower price than everyone else just to help out leveling players, it's nothing to make 100-200K of the GTN with loot from just a few heroics.

Edited by bahdasz