Thread: Inflation
View Single Post

ChoppedSuey
08.25.2019 , 06:45 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
Are you serious? (Methinks not.) Take 9/10 of everyone's credits away without changing any prices for anything? Think about how that would look for a newish player who is measuring his credits against what he has to pay to merchants for speeders and all that. Imagine being on Ord Mantell, logging off for the night with 1500 of the 1650 or so credits that you need for one of those level 9 blue armour pieces, and the next day you only have 150...

Do you really want SWTOR to die with the reputation as the game that stole 90% of the credits (gold in more general terms) from all its players?
I think that's being over dramatic a bit. But yes, I'm serious. Everyone still has their slice of the pie, percentage wise compared to other players.

Regarding the newish player you are describing, do you think that when he sees a 50 mill price tag on the GTN, that that players level of intimidation has less effect than missing 1500 credits. Which is why I think this is a good idea. It will prevent new players from being overwhelmed by the cost of goods on the GTN.

With some rare exceptions there are very few expensive items outside the GTN.

This really isn't a bad idea, if it weren't for people not being able to see past their own selfish desires. Such as the amount of credits they have. Costs would crash down and new players would be able to afford a greater amount of items than they currently have the ability to do.
chopped suˇey