BioWare are you trying to get your operations players to leave?

DarthTexas

Uh...had they NOT had a knee jerk reaction, it would have been even worse! I would wait in queue for up to 2 freaking HOURS to log on. I'd get home, load up SWTOR, make dinner, clean up dinner and I'd STILL be in a freaking queue. I spent more time playing OTHER games than I'd spend in SWTOR, while waiting to play.

Bioware should have figured out that 200-300 people per server was far too freaking few from the start. They are 100% liable for their complete and incomprehensible negligence at launch...NOT their freaking customers who were rightfully upset that they couldn't play for hours, or would finally get in, join a WZ queue, CTD and have to wait another 2 flipping hours. How dare you accuse the customer of "crying"...the entire server staff at Bioware should have been canned for how this launched.

The queue problem took three weeks to fix. Granted, they would have initially lost a few thousand newb customers who expect MMOs to come off like console games when they launch had those servers not been added. But most would have staid the course for that first free month because their experiences with other MMO launches meant they had a clue. Had BW stuck to their guns they'd have had 40+ populated servers by 1.2. WoW's launch took nearly a year before servers were stable. LOTRO took almost 4 months. TOR's 3 weeks was pretty good by comparison actually.

Most of the server staff did get canned.

The next stage of a debate like this is, well ... the game launched too early. Yep, it did. It should have launched with what it had at 1.3. That was 2011. It's already 2014. Next ...

[edit] How dare I accuse? That's funny. The threads I linked speak for themselves.

Edited by GalacticKegger

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THow dare I accuse? That's funny. Know what I find truly amazing? How some folks who would freely accuse a game, its providers and its community of everything from fraud to ignorance are comfortable dishing it out but can't take it without making it personal.

Yes, how dare you blame the customer for Bioware's ineptitude at launch. They were merely customers, paying Bioware for a service, a service that was utterly failing to be fulfilled. They had every right to complain.

What exactly are you trying to "dish out"? Criticism? Critique of how the game launched is "dishing it out" to you? LOL! Dude...how is the customer to blame in any way for Bioware's failed launch? This isn't personal at all, so I have no idea what the hell you mean. I wasn't involved in any of the launch debacle, except as a customer.

Eight hours a day? Zoiks! If I'm doing something for eight hours a day I'm either getting paid for it or it's a lifelong pursuit. We'll leave the lights on ...

Indeed.

IF a player enjoys playing MMOs for 8 hours a day.. totally fine IMO. But for that same player to expect (and complain) that a game designed to serve very large numbers of players is not keeping up with their play style is absurd. Most MMOs are designed these days for the middle of the bell curve distribution of play style, play time, etc. 40+ hours a week play is going to cause play saturation in most MMOs if played for more then a few months.

The mature and sensible thing to do IMO is to spread your play time across multiple MMOs (either daily, weekly, monthly, whatever), NOT complain that boredom has set in and leave a given MMO. With the proliferation of flexible access business models for MMOs... nobody can complain about the economics of maintaining multiple MMOs.

TL;DR player created issues -----> resolve through more player resiliency and forethought about how to balance content needs in game play with personal play style. Of course Zeta's approach is to move from MMO to MMO in a longer rotation.. but I personally feel most heavy hours players would benefit by working a couple of three different MMOs in regular rotation.

Edited by Andryah

Yes, how dare you blame the customer for Bioware's ineptitude at launch. They were merely customers, paying Bioware for a service, a service that was utterly failing to be fulfilled. They had every right to complain.

What exactly are you trying to "dish out"? Criticism? Critique of how the game launched is "dishing it out" to you? LOL! Dude...how is the customer to blame in any way for Bioware's failed launch? This isn't personal at all, so I have no idea what the hell you mean. I wasn't involved in any of the launch debacle, except as a customer.

You can blame a company for ineptitude but I can't blame it's customers for petulance? And here I thought this was an intelligent discussion. That's what I get for thinking I guess. You win. Edited by GalacticKegger

Bioware tried that once and it nearly killed the game:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=421725

... so the mob screamed for more servers which led to ...

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=254

... which thinned out server populations and eventually led to ...

http://www.swtor.com/transfer

If the customer was always right they'd be forced to do it themselves because no one could afford to do it for them.

I don't know who you are, but I love you. <3

You can blame a company for ineptitude but I can't blame it's customers for petulance? You win.

Of course you can, and people were petulant, but that doesn't change who was responsible for the failed launch. The customers fulfilled their end of the deal, Bioware didn't for many, and like with any service you pay for, they had a right to complain when the service failed to meet their expectations.

The customer had no role in the failed launch and to blame them is just silly. However, over 2 million of them have helped correct the problem by lightening the server loads to where Bioware can handle it.

Of course you can, and people were petulant, but that doesn't change who was responsible for the failed launch. The customers fulfilled their end of the deal, Bioware didn't for many, and like with any service you pay for, they had a right to complain when the service failed to meet their expectations.

The customer had no role in the failed launch and to blame them is just silly. However, over 2 million of them have helped correct the problem by lightening the server loads to where Bioware can handle it.

You already won ...

cz, oricon, forged alliances granted not much story in those but still some new story they added...

There is no story content in any of those, you can't even count Oricon as story content. It isn't. The last story content, and it wasn't that great, was Makeb. I'm here, resubbed, because I am an RPer too and I love the housing they are releasing but I do think they need more story content and new operations.

There is no story content in any of those, you can't even count Oricon as story content.

What makes Oricon not story content? If you wanted to argue that it isn't a well-told story from your viewpoint, I could give you that.

But it is absolutely story, and it completes an arc that (for me anyway) began on my level 42 Sorcerer on Belsavis when

I freed the Dread Masters, continued later in fighting Soa (who started to escape from prison as well), then Karagga (who was pushed out of Hutt territory), then to Denova, then Asation, then finally confronting Styrak, culminating in the Dread Masters taking over a planet as their base of operations.

The Oricon story sets you up for the final assault, bringing to a close a story that spanned a LOT of gameplay.

You may not personally like that story. But it was definitely story.

Edited by Khevar

There is no story content in any of those, you can't even count Oricon as story content. It isn't. The last story content, and it wasn't that great, was Makeb. I'm here, resubbed, because I am an RPer too and I love the housing they are releasing but I do think they need more story content and new operations.

How are those places not story?

They have have story content presented.

Such a nonsenses, there's lot of content coming, a bit for everything, wait PVE'ers and you will get new Ops, sooner or later anyway, I've enjoy every content SWTOR presents, suggest you do the same...

Note: For ''Explosive conflict'', my lvl 55 couldn't queue for Group finder, but I had no problem to find a Ops team so no complains at all.

Been there done that...

Issue was to start once, and most of puggers simply boot out tank in 156s (what I was at least crafting myself).

Had to change 3 guilds until find proper one (no elitists behavior but still some OPs and support).

Now have more gear that I know what to do with... over whole legacy.

It is still not correct for tanks to have half of their gear crapped, do you support the idea half DPS gear to have absorption on it?

And PvP ... if you are not in it you will need at least 2 weeks or some relaxants to eat all that crap that new player at 55 receive in PvP.

I was exclusively pugging on 2 fresh dinged 55`s and capped both their weeklies worth of elites and ultimates. Granted, they are both DPS, but never been kicked. I also saw poor tanks that gone afk and didn`t know tactics for lvl 50 operations - they still weren`t kicked. People were more than willing to help, so I have no idea why you are having this problem. Hell, they even let me in DP and DF with 140 rated gear! And if that bridge datacron wouldn`t have been so sweet I even would have made it out of there alive :)

As for PvP, I openly announced that I am not geared, so I will play support only and guard duties ONLY if I am supported by at least one more player - didn`t get flak, got guarded nicely and generally I did what I could, with what I had at my disposal. Nothing could ask for more and it was not asked.

Maybe I am lucky, but I am never part of those horror stories and I do play a bit. I am beginning to think I am missing on game content :)

Edited by Styxx

• 2 weeks later...
It's sad that operations are going to get cut (by the looks of it). I'm a total pve player story content looks dead as well. 1 of 3 things are going to happen. 1. Empire will be dissolved into the republic because the empire is to beaten down and will team up with he pubs to kill emperor. 2 story will sorta continue slowely with seperate factions working toward a common enemy. 3 story will never be resolved/completed and will become a vanity game. Just new cartel stuff and house things Edited by ComanderBrady
Spelling and grammar

• 2 years later...