Cyan Sphere and starting with 0 Gree rep

Wrzaskun

Here is the question - is it possible to get the cyan sphere during this (2013) event if you started with 0 Gree rep?

Edit: Ok, I just read that the gree vendors remain in game after the event ends, but what about the life day vendor on fleet? Will I get a chance to hit Champion with Gree and get the Cyan Sphere?

Edited by Wrzaskun
addditional info

Depends on if the Life Day vendor stays after the event:

The game caps you at 12,000. However, the cap will not restrict the reputation earned from the last token. Example: If you have 11,990 and get an Ancient Gree Artifact and use it, you will have 12,430 rep without any guild bonuses.

This means that you can only get up to Friend reputation or just slightly into Hero if you use your reputation wisely over the 2 week period. If the Life Day vendor leaves after 2 weeks, you will not be able to get the Cyan sphere.

However, if the vendor stays after the event, you can keep excess rep tokens and use them in the 2 weeks following the event to get Champion status.

Note: there is a very similar Red Sphere that drops from Xenoanalyst II Hard Mode. http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/swtor-red-sphere-mount.jpg

There is a similar Blue Sphere that requires Legend status that you can probably get the next time the event comes.

Source:http://dulfy.net/2013/02/12/swtor-galactic-reputation-guide/#3

I know about the reputation caps and how to maximize the reputation gain per week, that's basic stuff, but thank you for the reply.

The cyan mount is a bit different from the blue/red ones, and those last two are easy to get, because the gree event is here a couple of times a year.

I was rather wondering if someone has knowledge about the availability of the vendor post the event, either from official sources or previous Life Day experience. By now I learned there's no such info, at least not among forum users.

Edited by Wrzaskun

This Life Day event is the first time it has occurred.

I do not know if the vendor will stay or not. Other people are asking this same question.

This^

Last year, all "life day" offered was the chance to acquire items through the CM. There was no event.

It is my understanding that the Gree event will run through Dec31 and the Life Day event ends Jan7. But do not quote me on that.

Edited by psandak

• 1 year later...
So, now that it's a year later, can anyone tell me if the Life Day vendor sticks around for awhile? I'm two Gray Helix Components short of buying this mount, and the Gree Event is not in town.

He hasn't been sticking around before (after the event ends), but the hope is that he will this time since they couldn't get the Gree event back in time.