1.2 New Proc Rates

JakeDawg

Trying to sift through all the kicking, screaming, and crying on here but I can't find anywhere the new -confirmed- rate of procs from anyone who's been on the Test Server.

Clarification:

1.) Charged Gauntlets now triggers from damage dealt such that the bleed caused by Retractable Blade can trigger the buff. It now has a visual effect.

^CAN trigger the buff. What's the % and from what abilities?

2.) Prototype Particle Accelerator now requires Combustible Gas Cylinder to trigger. The chance to trigger this effect has been increased significantly but cannot trigger more than once every 6 seconds.

^What does "increased significantly" mean? What's the % and from what abilities?

Thanks to anyone who can provide this. I don't have a lvl 10 on the Test server, so can't look at the trees myself.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All of the following are based on the entries for the relevant skills in the PTS game files.

Barrage: Proc chance increased to 45% from 30%.

Charged Gauntlets: No change to proc rate in files, I assume this means that instead of proccing on use of Retractable Blade, it now can proc each tick.

Prototype Particle Accelerator: Proc chance increased to 45% from Flame Burst and 60% from Rocket Punch, from 30% from Flame Burst and 45% from Rocket Punch.

Thanks for the response!

I'm not sure I'd call 15% increased chance "significant" considering the new 6s CD....

And they didn't buff AP to make it viable....

I'll keep the whining, kicking, and screaming to myself though.

*sigh*

Prototype Particle Accelerator: Proc chance increased to 45% from Flame Burst and 60% from Rocket Punch, from 30% from Flame Burst and 45% from Rocket Punch.

if thats really true, its one hell of a massive nerf to the spec.

any idea how the % are for mercs?

Yeah, the not-so-visible implication of this is it's going to cause massive overheating issues.

We don't just rely on PPA for burst, it's essential to staying cool, and as it was we were always on the verge of overheat.

Thanks for the response!

I'm not sure I'd call 15% increased chance "significant" considering the new 6s CD....

And they didn't buff AP to make it viable....

I'll keep the whining, kicking, and screaming to myself though.

*sigh*

looks like the improvement to AP is to make a railshot crit as close to guaranteed as possible (it SHOULD proc if it becomes available at any time, and you just have to wait for the 6 sec cooldown to use), by making the proc work off of dots. so 21 AP, 18 pyro, will be the new 'parakeet', while using CGC because they apparently really dont want tank/dps hybrids. the 6 sec cooldown on the proc is an attempt to balance it.

but yeah on tis own AP still doesnt have a lot going for it.

Edited by blackhumbug

Yeah, the not-so-visible implication of this is it's going to cause massive overheating issues.

We don't just rely on PPA for burst, it's essential to staying cool, and as it was we were always on the verge of overheat.

That's what I said before. We're not only going to loose the nice back to back bursts that happened every so often, but have serious heat issues as well. This is definitely a nerf. The 8/8/25 and 8/6/27 are going to feel it the most because they relied more on those back to back procs. I guess pyros will all be TD builds, at least to compensate for the burst loss part.

looks like the improvement to AP is to make a railshot crit as close to guaranteed as possible (it SHOULD proc if it becomes available at any time, and you just have to wait for the 6 sec cooldown to use), by making the proc work off of dots. so 21 AP, 18 pyro, will be the new 'parakeet', while using CGC because they apparently really dont want tank/dps hybrids. the 6 sec cooldown on the proc is an attempt to balance it.

but yeah on tis own AP still doesnt have a lot going for it.

I've been looking at 1/22/18 for the same idea, but even if RS crits most of the time, I dont think it will compensate for the huge dps lost by not taking Rain of Fire, Firebug, Burnout, and TD.

Edited by Agooz

Pyrotechs will be constantly overheated. I see my Rapid Shots key getting worn out very soon after this change.

Pyrotechs will be constantly overheated. I see my Rapid Shots key getting worn out very soon after this change.

Yep, exactly. If they want to make this change, they need to make it so RS is on a 6s CD, not proc'd, otherwise the spec is no longer viable.

They also need to make AP viable... I fully expected that in 1.2.

The change they made to AP is worthless, as if you didn't proc charged gauntlets over the 15s RS cooldown previously, you'd have to be very, very unlucky.

Edited by JakeDawg

looks like pyro will be pretty worthless now.. the significant increase to proc rate isnt really that significant and the 6 second cooldown will lead to massive overheating/or rapid shoting with no bursting capabilities.

if they put in cooldown on proc rate they should just make it proc 100% after the cd. the biggest issue i thought was the potential burst not overall damage as i see many classes doing similar/better damage in both pvp and pve.

I really hope people test it out in test realm before making it live because this change seems a bit too drastic nerfing the burst and the sustained damage.

Edited by dudexx

Yeah looks like my PT is either respecing to tank full time or being put on the shelf for a bit.

I for one have no desire to be a short-range fighter with no escape and no knockback who has to spam my auto attack to keep my heat under control.

At least Merc pyro's should still be alright, since they are ranged and have a KB. So when they over heat they can los or kb+rapid shots and still have a fighting chance.

You guys are trippin.....

We will be using flame burst less, which means rapid shots more. They both do around the same damage, and one does not build up heat.

If you play pyro dps anyways you have to use rapid shots so that you don't overheat. In 1.2 it will be easier to know when not to use flameburst and use rapid shots or whatever instead.

Pyrotech (Powertech)

Prototype Particle Accelerator now requires Combustible Gas Cylinder to trigger. The chance to trigger this effect has been increased significantly but cannot trigger more than once every 6 seconds.

Serious nerf for PT Pyro dps, it used to be that you could dot an enemy, Rail Shot, Flame Burst while closing distance, Rail Shot again, Rocket Punch, Rail Shot if lucky on the proc.

What they've done is space out the proc, but make it happen every six seconds or so, unless you happen to be very unlucky. So that means they want us to go through 4-5 gcd's between Rail Shots as opposed to 3 a drop in dps of about 25% and a complete nerf to our spike dps.

It won't be very interesting to see bounty hunters shelve their powertechs and rant in the forums after this hit to our dps.

Pyrotech (Powertech)

Prototype Particle Accelerator now requires Combustible Gas Cylinder to trigger. The chance to trigger this effect has been increased significantly but cannot trigger more than once every 6 seconds.

Serious nerf for PT Pyro dps, it used to be that you could dot an enemy, Rail Shot, Flame Burst while closing distance, Rail Shot again, Rocket Punch, Rail Shot if lucky on the proc.

What they've done is space out the proc, but make it happen every six seconds or so, unless you happen to be very unlucky. So that means they want us to go through 4-5 gcd's between Rail Shots as opposed to 3 a drop in dps of about 25% and a complete nerf to our spike dps.

It won't be very interesting to see bounty hunters shelve their powertechs and rant in the forums after this hit to our dps.

Spike dps is still there....

Thermal detonator = 3-5k

Incendiary Missile = 2,000k duration

Railshot = 3k-5k decently geared

Rocket Punch = 2000-2500k

Flame Burst = 900-1200k

That's an initial burst of 8,000-13,000 damage.... thats not including the DoT and the fact that you probably procced or will be able to use RAILSHOT after the initial opening moves.

The way I see it, this is a buff, not a nerf. Most likely guaranteed RS's just about every 6 seconds? Sure we wont be able to do 3 railshots procs in a row anymore, but that was REALLY rare for that to happen. From the numbers we also won't have to worry about going through an entire RS cd to fire it off.

After this patch we will be right in the middle of the two extremes, which will still be epic damage.

Edited by MiZrYdj

RS isn't going to be every 6 seconds, you have to wait out the internal cool then use more gcds on abilities to proc it. It looks like it will be Rail > 6 sec wait > FB > FB > Rail. The higher proc on RP to trigger the initial internal cd in the rotation and then afterwards to try and make sure you get a proc at least every 10 seconds.

Here is a question that I am curious about, WHEN does the internal proc kick in. When you get the buff or when you use the skill....

It's basically an extra ability/gcd inbetween procs or not which can have a big impact on damage and heat management

Edited by exphryl

Pyrotech (Powertech)

Your 1st RAILSHOT on someone will not be procced, the second one will.

Opening move = TD>IM>RS = 5-8k+ opening damage = 3 seconds

After that you will be fishing for another RS

RP>FB>FB = 3-5k damage = 3 seconds (With the % increase to proc you will more often then not get the RS proc in 3 moves.

Proc = RS = 3-5k more damage

11k damage ON THE LOW END if you proc after 6 of the opening GCD

After the second RS you most likely have crushed your dreams of the opponent. Thats a lot of damage thrown out very quickly with another RS to come every 6-9 seconds after the initial burst. Just weave in some rapid shots here at there (like you should be anyways to keep from overheating).

Edited by MiZrYdj

You guys are trippin.....

We will be using flame burst less, which means rapid shots more. They both do around the same damage, and one does not build up heat.

If you play pyro dps anyways you have to use rapid shots so that you don't overheat. In 1.2 it will be easier to know when not to use flameburst and use rapid shots or whatever instead.

You couldnt be more wrong, bro.