PVE AoE Sniper: The Explosive Engineer [Video]

paowee

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm guessing you've already found another guild,am i right?
Yeah, testing the waters with Intrepid on my slinger (pub 16-man:) and a certain late night Imp guild on my Assassin. Edited by paowee

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi guys.

Sorry in advance if my question has already been answered but I just hit lvl 51 with my Sniper Engineer and for the life of me I can't get the "Covered Escape in place" trick working. Even when pressing CE and jump at the exact same time I roll forward. Did they fix this?

Thank you.

Hi guys.

Sorry in advance if my question has already been answered but I just hit lvl 51 with my Sniper Engineer and for the life of me I can't get the "Covered Escape in place" trick working. Even when pressing CE and jump at the exact same time I roll forward. Did they fix this?

Thank you.

Yep, they fixed it 3 weeks ago. Also Paowee stopped being on the forums a while ago so im surprised his guide was relevant until then

BTW, Engineering is about to change a lot tomorrow night anyway, so this guide is about to become completely out of date.

Any tips for aspiring engineers post-2.10?

Simple:

The rotation is:

Series of Shots

Filler

Filler

Snipe

Filler

Filler

If you use adrenaline probe, immediately follow it with EMP discharge (its better that way, trust me)

Activate Laze Target on cooldown, even though you aren't sniping immediately

Target Acquired should be used so 2x series of shots as well as an explosive probe end up under it.

Basically, the guide doesn't change, as engineering was always a priority based spec, and the priority never changed

Edited by TACeMossie

Simple:

The rotation is:

Series of Shots

Filler

Filler

Snipe

Filler

Filler

If you use adrenaline probe, immediately follow it with EMP discharge (its better that way, trust me)

Target Acquired should be used so 2x series of shots as well as an explosive probe end up under it.

Basically, the guide doesn't change, as engineering was always a priority based spec, and the priority never changed

Wow, that's more simple than what I do!

I basically follow this guide, minus all the things I don't have like relics and adrenal. I almost never use covered escape either despite this guide claiming the necessity to spam it. The bulk of my DPS comes from Plasma probe, adrenaline probe, series of shot and explosive probe (coupled with target acquired). I used Snipe and Ambush as fillers (though snipe much more than ambush) and occasionally I get out of cover to finish off the standard enemy with a free of charge Overload Shot (if their health is > 30%).

• 2 weeks later...
Simple:

The rotation is:

Series of Shots

Filler

Filler

Snipe

Filler

Filler

Unless I am noobing this up tremendously the problem with the above rotation is that you will run into trouble with your dots. Eventually your dots will either run out at the same time of speedshot or during the speedshot cast. This is due to a 21 seconds rotation with 2x SoS (2x 10,5s). Most dots are 18 seconds (even vital shot can be specced to 18 seconds).

For example when you use sabotage charge right after speedshot both will be off cooldown when you want to use the 3rd speedshot cast. In that case the above rotation delays sab charge by 3 seconds.

Personally I think that saboteur remains very clunky like this but thats why I love it. Dummy dps is fun and whatnot but during an ops you will have to prioritse attacks at times and you won't see a 21 nor 18 seconds easy to follow rotation.

Biggest tip I can give is to follow the principale of this guide like Tace said and prioritse your attacks mid fight accordingly.

• 6 months later...
Can we get this post unstickied plz?

As far as I know Paowee stopped playing nearly 1 year ago and at the least this guide is very outdated seeing the rather large changes Engi / sab received in 3.0.

Might be possible. To get my guide stickied I had to actually use the report feature. Maybe it might be worth to try to do the same thing.