Anyone interested in a 'solo' Guild?

AlixMV

From an idea spawned in a thread over in the General Discussion board:

I just got a thought to make a guild of such solo players who do not like to be urged and forced (and kicked) by any other guilds, but still want to experience all of the content. including Operations and Warzones.

Just a SOLO guild...

The idea came about from a lot of players (including myself) saying they enjoyed playing most of the game alone but wanted access to the social aspects Guilds can provide and a collection of likeminded individuals to possibly do Operations and Warzones without the pressures it seems (from an outsider's perspective) are put on guild members to do so.

It doesn't look like any of the people expressing an interest in a guild like that on that thread are on Jedi Covenant, as I am, so I wanted to throw the idea out there: is there interest here?

I'd be willing to organize one on the Republic and/or Imperial side, I'd just want to get additional bodies to form it.

Let me know in comments or private message if you are. :)

I'd be up for that, i play mainly for the story but do occasionally enjoy the odd flashpoint etc.

i have a jedi sentinal , level 50 callede Daveid and a sith jugg (50) called Dougal. have 6 other alts over both sides at differing levels, 1 of each class so pretty flexible. As i said i like the stories.

If you want to set up this no pressure guild i would gladly join.

Edited by widdleflaps

I'd be up for that, i play mainly for the story but do occasionally enjoy the odd flashpoint etc.

i have a jedi sentinal , level 50 callede Daveid and a sith jugg (50) called Dougal. have 6 other alts over both sides at differing levels, 1 of each class so pretty flexible. As i said i like the stories.

If you want to set up this no pressure guild i would gladly join.

I'd be interested in such a beast myself. My play time is very sporatic, so I too find myself soloing more than I'd like.

Cool. Would either of you be willing to try to coordinate if I can find two other people online at the same time interested in doing this, to get the Guilds created?

You can either PM me or send me in-game mail with when you'd likely be available. I'm actually a West Coaster (long story) but I can generally be online after 8:30pm EDT or during the EDT early afternoon on weekends.

what about voice and web?

I'll be upfront: this is my first MMO and I've never been part of a 'real' Guild (*), which is part of why I'm interested in doing something like this. I only know (from the peripheries) a lot of Guilds have a voice channel and web presence.

If there's enough interest in the Guild, I was considering footing the bill to get a Mumble channel set-up for Guild use. The web page, I'd either need to leave to someone else or be convinced of its need for a Guild of this kind. :)

(*) - Although I've never been in an MMO Guild, I'm not a complete n00b to online organizing--long time ago in a galaxy far, far away I was a long time MUD player and an administrator at a few of them.

Edited by AlixMV

If you want to join a guild compatiable with friendly, no pressure play, consider the Hawks. We started as a very laid back leveling guild and have expanded to running 2 operations/ weekend and are active in PVP. Real life always comes first for us and we are family friendly. We are up to about 200 toons and generally have 10-20 players online.

If you are interested, contact Escalon, Iolar, Armacron, Battlemonger, or Biqua. We are usually on most evenings (EDT).

http://hawks-swtor.enjin.com/

Edited by DWinner

Consider us as well..we are the Noblesse Oblige. We are a casual Guild, and when we say casual..it doesn't just mean we play whenever we have time..it means that there are no pressure on Guild activities what so ever. We built this Guild to help each other out on story progress, leveling, and end-game content. We DO hold out weekly Events that members of the Guild can come and join...but it's there so we can have fun, it's not a must.

We're a laid back Guild...we're not going to boot you off the Guild because you left in the middle of a Flashpoint run. Our Guild consists of mature individuals and understand that life comes first. We are here to squeeze out everything that the game has to offer. We have members doing their own thing while they progress through their story and level to 50...then other members get together to do dailies, Hard Mode Flashpoints, and Operations.

The only pressure we give you is trying to get everyone on at the same time so we can have a Guild picture lol...hope that's ok with you?

Website and Voice Server are provided

Look for Nicodagreat or Teivioko in-game if you're interested.

If you want to join a guild compatiable with friendly, no pressure play, consider the Hawks.

Consider us as well..we are the Noblesse Oblige.

Those both may be viable options to some people, but since it's not clear from the posts, they're both Republic Guilds.

Anyone know of a similar type of Imperial Guild out there already? Because I'm still game to create one, if not.

I'll be upfront: this is my first MMO and I've never been part of a 'real' Guild (*), which is part of why I'm interested in doing something like this. I only know (from the peripheries) a lot of Guilds have a voice channel and web presence.

If there's enough interest in the Guild, I was considering footing the bill to get a Mumble channel set-up for Guild use. The web page, I'd either need to leave to someone else or be convinced of its need for a Guild of this kind. :)

Cool, if you reach out to me ingame, I'd be happy to answer any questions around web/vent/guild stuff/etc. I'm also cool if you'd like to borrow the vent server we have and I'll be more than willing to lend you out some FTP space for your own website if you need. No charge, just willing to help you get it off the ground if you'd like.

PM me sometime and we can see if it's a fit!

Cool, if you reach out to me ingame, I'd be happy to answer any questions around web/vent/guild stuff/etc. I'm also cool if you'd like to borrow the vent server we have and I'll be more than willing to lend you out some FTP space for your own website if you need. No charge, just willing to help you get it off the ground if you'd like.

PM me sometime and we can see if it's a fit!

Thanks! I'll keep that in mind, depending on what the outcome is to this weather balloon... :)

Those both may be viable options to some people, but since it's not clear from the posts, they're both Republic Guilds.

Anyone know of a similar type of Imperial Guild out there already? Because I'm still game to create one, if not.

Tribunal is also very low pressure social guild. Mostly adults with jobs and families. We do raids, but if you're not able to be there, it's cool.

Looking at starting an Imp guild in the near future as well.

Mosaic has always had a 0 pressure culture within the members for any and all types of gameplay. Most of us have lives outside of the game where we are unable to play at specific times everyday. We have both republic and imperial based guilds for those players who prefer one side over the other. We do have voice chat and a guild website for organization methods. We do have a guild bank on both sides with 3 slots and looking to purchase a 4th on the pub side soon. Unfortunately we have not been able to get enough players for raiding but would love to start but would need more members to start.

Website link

recruitment thread

I'm in one on Sith side. We have a few (7-8) 50's (that all have multiple 50 alts) with more coming up that will do HMs with 2-3 pugging ops, but it's not really a concern. Some casual PvPers (none do ranked as far as I know) with some pretty dedicated crafters that have no deadlines.

No application, no website, no voice server. Pretty liberal access to the guild vault. Not too much swearing in guild chat. When peeps act like rotten kids, they get booted... doesn't matter about their gear or "accomplishments". Laid back and relaxed support structure for people who want to play the way they wish. Any member can invite. After years of raiding, crafting, running people through stuff, running the gear treadmill, having to log on at specific times so I could treat a game like a job, it's a refreshing change.

If you ever want to chat in game, feel free to hit me up: Kalibos, Amendrous, Cal'mina, Kol'than, or Sobilak.

Our guild leader's toons: Onic, Daunted, Mungus, Sneakypoo

We give hardcore people who have joined us headaches due to our pacing and "eh" attitude. Can't beat the game so may as well enjoy the ride, right?

I am not going to promote or encourage you to join my guild in this post. But I want to point out the issues with the concept of a solo guild.

A guild by its nature is designed to aid its members through the various aspects from sharing resources to helping form groups to complete missions. Now I am not saying you can't solo or do some items like flashpoints with who ever you gather at that moment, but the concept and need to solo everything is not always an option.

This being the case the question arises on the following:

1. How would a guild bank benefit or hinder a solo concept guild?

2. What would be the real gain from being in SOLO, versus another informal guild (e.g. those previously mentioned and others like mine)?

Now do not get me wrong, the concept is a noble one especially if you consider that some of the players start out on the starting planets without the understanding of help. So would this not be the same here?

I am not going to promote or encourage you to join my guild in this post. But I want to point out the issues with the concept of a solo guild.

A guild by its nature is designed to aid its members through the various aspects from sharing resources to helping form groups to complete missions. Now I am not saying you can't solo or do some items like flashpoints with who ever you gather at that moment, but the concept and need to solo everything is not always an option.

This being the case the question arises on the following:

1. How would a guild bank benefit or hinder a solo concept guild?

2. What would be the real gain from being in SOLO, versus another informal guild (e.g. those previously mentioned and others like mine)?

Now do not get me wrong, the concept is a noble one especially if you consider that some of the players start out on the starting planets without the understanding of help. So would this not be the same here?

Excpectations. From what I've been able to gather, most Guilds exist to get to end game and do Ops, Flashpoints, etc.

The kind of guild I had in mind when I posted this would be there for the social aspects without the expectations of group play. A resource for solo players to ask for help from likeminded players, without having to worry that they're not 'supporting the Guild' or anything because they preferred to go off and do their own thing instead of grouping. And maybe, just maybe, if they wanted to dabble in Ops or Flashpoints, they could again have an immediate resource of likeminded individuals to call on, with the understanding that most of the players want to play a majority (but not all) the time.

Just because we like to solo doesn't mean we want to divorce ourselves entirely from the other social aspects of being in a guild. :)

Since posting this, I've found an Imperial Guild that fit for my solo alt (it fell into my lap), but the fact is that I, and at least a small percentage of players out there, want a different kind of guild than is usually presented or advertised on the forums. If you read the ads, they might talk about about casual guilds, but then immediately say 'we do Ops and FP'. That's not a selling point for me, it's a turn off.

Edited by AlixMV

I'd love to make a solo guild! I'd especially like to make one on my main... I don't really do much in guilds as I have a LOT of characters but I've been playing my main a little bit more lately and he's a lvl 46 sith juggernaut and i'm really enjoying him and as I'm getting to the end game content I'd really like to find a guild so I can do it all but I play I guess you could say randomly and I don't really have a schedule so that would be a problem but in a guild like this I might be able to actually not have to worry about it as much...? anyways my mains name is (hilarious) Demolitionator!

Since posting this, I've found an Imperial Guild that fit for my solo alt (it fell into my lap), but the fact is that I, and at least a small percentage of players out there, want a different kind of guild than is usually presented or advertised on the forums. If you read the ads, they might talk about about casual guilds, but then immediately say 'we do Ops and FP'. That's not a selling point for me, it's a turn off.

Totally agree with you. May I ask what Imp guild you found? I'd like a home for my Imp character, and I have a very similar play style. I solo most of the time, and I don't like feeling pressured to have the best gear and raid all the time.

Totally agree with you. May I ask what Imp guild you found? I'd like a home for my Imp character, and I have a very similar play style. I solo most of the time, and I don't like feeling pressured to have the best gear and raid all the time.

I sent you a Private message. :)

I created a post about this topic back in August and got one reply :)

I make jokes about this in chat when guild recruiting spam shows up. Full range of responses, from ridicule to peeps wanting more details / join. Never been able to get three other peeps at the same time to create one.

The biggest benefit of a "solo guild" would be people willing to craft gear & mods for orange gear and share mats for such. Since I cannot get Mandalorian iron from sending companions out, I was buying it on GTN for 8k each average. Today (10/5/12) it's up to 25k EACH. No more purple cybertec crafting for me. I'd happily pay guild members a REASONABLE price for it to make stuff for myself, and craft any thing they might need / want in exchange, since I have all six crafts.

I'm not much interested in fp, ops, pvp, but not totally adverse to running them. Wouldn't mind occasionally grouping with others to do:

Heroics

General exploring, sight seeing, seeking lore objects

Chasing datacrons

Etc.

What would be REALLY fun for occasional group fare is getting a bunch of peeps together and attacking imp starting points / quest hubs. :)

Same could be said for someone whom creates a "solo guild" on imp side.

Edited by profhermit

I created a post about this topic back in August and got one reply :)

I make jokes about this in chat when guild recruiting spam shows up. Full range of responses, from ridicule to peeps wanting more details / join. Never been able to get three other peeps at the same time to create one.

There's a part of me that still wants to do this, but it would mean leaving the Guilds that fell in my lap while I was lamenting wanting to make a solo guild.

Still, I may do it. I have a Level 50 Jedi in a vanity guild and maybe wanting to do something with her again some day. Being a resource is one way to do that.

And, yeah. Getting the critical mass to create the Guild seemed to be the hardest part. :)

Edited by AlixMV

I would be very much interested, I have a hard time committing the time needed for flashpoints and ops without having to go afk. (I'm the full-time caregiver of my elderly parents). I much enjoyed the social aspect of the guild I was in back on Juyo server (Quixotic) but they quit the game and became a Everquest 2 guild.