Arsenal DPS in operations

Hey all,

I just got back to playing this game after a few months of not playing I wanted to know how I'm able to raise my DPS in actual operation boss fights. In dummy parses, I usually go for 5.8k-6.1k DPS but I am only able to reach a maximum of around 4.7k-5k DPS in a boss fight. I usually see other classes such as maras and snipers hit around high 5k's usually in the same level gear. I play Arsenal and my gear is a mix of a few 216, 220 and 224 all optimized. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

These are my stats: with purple level stim

Ranged: Bonus Damage: 1741.1

Accuracy: 109.60% (648)

Critical: 38.87% (1325)

Alacrity: 11.59% (809)

Power: 2688

Mastery: 5200

Hey all,

I just got back to playing this game after a few months of not playing I wanted to know how I'm able to raise my DPS in actual operation boss fights. In dummy parses, I usually go for 5.8k-6.1k DPS but I am only able to reach a maximum of around 4.7k-5k DPS in a boss fight. I usually see other classes such as maras and snipers hit around high 5k's usually in the same level gear. I play Arsenal and my gear is a mix of a few 216, 220 and 224 all optimized. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

in two words: raid awareness. i know that that is probably not the answer you want to hear, but it is the simple truth. there almost certainly isn't any one thing you can do that is going to raise your dps by 1000. instead, you need to focus on the half seconds throughout the fight, where you can pick up a little bit. take a look at your actions per minute, and compare it to the top parses for your class, against each boss. knowing the triggers for mechanics and swaps and when they are coming is the single biggest thing you can do to increase your dps. if you know that a required movement is coming, then line up the movement for when your instant attacks are up, so that you don't lose anything on the move. if you know a swap or adds are coming, have your eyes where they spawn, aoe ready for them. the difference between hitting them when they spawn vs. 2 seconds later after your teammates have half killed them already is huge. the hard truth is that getting top parses against real bosses isn't much different than getting top parses on a dummy. just go do it 100 times. what you won't find are shortcuts to the top.

• 3 weeks later...
Hey all,

Stats placement of each role :

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15hge9sBFjqeMI7MjmOp8dSZznEh9Z3mFz-HpIj9vz7M/edit

Props to whoever created it

What kind of stim?

Use accuracy and crit-stim.

Stats - BUT :

Less alac, 9-10%

More acc: 110%~, rather higher than lower.

For what you remove of alac, put in mastery and/or crit (crit to 39-39.50%)

Crystals: Crit crystals

Opener: Super important with the right opener, can help you gain 400 dps~ on a 3 minute fight.

Dulfy opener is simple, easy to learn and efficient-ish :)

http://dulfy.net/2015/12/02/swtor-4-0-mercenary-dps-pve-guide-by-marisi/#Rotation

Hey all,

I would suggest going and getting all the datacrons to ensure you have the highest mastery possible.

I main a merc and actually run quite a bit more alacrity than you (around 13.75%) and keep crit around 1350.

Here's a recent parse of mine to compare opener/rotation (Keeping in mind my APM may not be the best as I'm a dirty clicker :p)

http://parsely.io/parser/view/174886/0