copy char to testserver...

TheHolgar

I'd be curious to see how many of us that didn't get copied over had characters on test from the previous testing.

This ^

I applied for 2 characters to transfer over - none of them succeded and im 100% sure i filled out the form correctly.

I do have a level 10 since last test....

BW pointing at the playerbase, saying we cant fill out 3 lines in a form without making mistakes is pretty weak tbh.

Just a headsup BW, not all of your customers are illiterates.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

still no toon copied filled out form correctly 2 times, once when it started and once last night around 9-11pm.

Same, except I filled out my second form about 2 days ago. I can't believe it, filled out the form correctly and no characters? To the person that said this isn't a good sign for server transfer i concur. That wasn't even tested publicly on the PTS, just internally (I presume). Let's hope they are much more thorough in those transfers and getting "everyone" copied over to their correct server.

Edited by ILonestarI

Same here, I filled it out 3 times since Jove was saying "if you weren't copied, fill it out again" so I did. But nothing. And I am absolutely sure that my information was correct. I don't know is it because I had a character on the PTS already or what?

No copy here as well. Been filling out the survey once a day since Monday and I'm pretty sure that at least one of those (all of them) were fill out correctly - not likely to make typo's with account/char names I've used in various games for the past 10 odd years, and the 3rd item being an autofill server name, not much to mess up with there. I was including the optional guild name which maybe filling that line of info is consistent with those who didn't get copied.

While I understand the PTS is not guaranteed and am fine with technical issues preventing the copy during the initial batches, I'm with many of the others here who feel a little insulted that the first response as to why a copy didn't go through is to point the finger at user error (couldn't possibly be the 3rd party survey system that gives no confirmation other than redirecting back to the swtor site). Granted, it's been updated since that there's other factors that could've caused it, I'd say that the majority of people downloading the 11+ gb of test files and trying to copy 50's for end game testing are your more devoted users and it probably wouldn't hurt to double-check posts before publishing them to make sure they can't be misconstrued.

Meanwhile, I'll just hope there'll be another batch of copies next week as I have zero interest in rerolling the starter zones and hope that I'll get enough time to put in some beneficial testing of the patch content at max level.

looks like no pts for me this round. i did the servay 4 times, and still nothing... for 1.2 i got on pts and found 4 legit bugs, i know that may not seem like much to some of you, but compared to most, that's 4 more then what thy found. let alone reported.

No copy here as well. Been filling out the survey once a day since Monday and I'm pretty sure that at least one of those (all of them) were fill out correctly - not likely to make typo's with account/char names I've used in various games for the past 10 odd years, and the 3rd item being an autofill server name, not much to mess up with there. I was including the optional guild name which maybe filling that line of info is consistent with those who didn't get copied.

While I understand the PTS is not guaranteed and am fine with technical issues preventing the copy during the initial batches, I'm with many of the others here who feel a little insulted that the first response as to why a copy didn't go through is to point the finger at user error (couldn't possibly be the 3rd party survey system that gives no confirmation other than redirecting back to the swtor site). Granted, it's been updated since that there's other factors that could've caused it, I'd say that the majority of people downloading the 11+ gb of test files and trying to copy 50's for end game testing are your more devoted users and it probably wouldn't hurt to double-check posts before publishing them to make sure they can't be misconstrued.

Meanwhile, I'll just hope there'll be another batch of copies next week as I have zero interest in rerolling the starter zones and hope that I'll get enough time to put in some beneficial testing of the patch content at max level.

this made me think, im using crome, and swtor has had problems with this browser, so i just re-entered all my info using, crome, iron, firefox,and "(lame) internet explorer " if my player gets loaded on to pts tonight or tomorrow thin i think we may of found an answer

this made me think, im using crome, and swtor has had problems with this browser, so i just re-entered all my info using, crome, iron, firefox,and "(lame) internet explorer " if my player gets loaded on to pts tonight or tomorrow thin i think we may of found an answer

That is a very good point. I think it is moot at this point since they are not adding more characters now, but it would be interesting to see and certainly something they should investigate.

There could be additional reasons for a character copy to fail (which we'll investigate) that are unknown, but one reason we could identify was not filling out the survey correctly. For any that failed for other reasons, we still may not be able to copy those characters, but we'll investigate the causes.

If they were Concerned about Us filling out it correctly they would have given more detailed instructions.

Allison relayed that character copies were done for today and that players who filled out their surveys incorrectly, may not have copied over. One of the most common reasons why a copy fails is a mistake somewhere on the survey, but of course, other factors may be a cause. In fact, on the PTS blog we state:

We cannot guarantee that every character will copy to the PTS successfully, however we can assure you that characters on Live servers will not be affected in any way should the tool fail. If you notice that you filled out the survey but your character did not copy, please fill out the survey again.

We know you are all excited to play, but please also allow for constructive discourse.

The problem that everyone has is with these 2 posts:

If you haven't been copied, you should try filling the survey out again before the end of the day today. If it is filled out correctly, you'll be copied as part of tomorrow's batch!

We'll be running the batch through today, so if you have filled out everything correctly, you should see your character on PTS before the day is over!

It is wrong for Allison to say these things as they are bad CSR responses (you'll is short for you will), then to come back and say we did not fill the survey out right is also very unprofessional, its 3 lines. it is not rocket science.

i entered my Mercenary the day we could and when PTS came back up he was coppied over twice, i thought "whatever" and played a bit, yesterday i entered the info for my Sage checked it just now to see if she was coppied over and wouldnt you know it, my Merc, for a third time.... really?

and incase some dev wants to tell me i entered it wrong no i did not i checked and rechecked.

Waited ALL day after I entered my info correctly about 15 times. Yet no lvl 50 copied. Please fix it. Space Slug is the server and Tir is the name.

I am not sure how you can "error" 15 times. Its YOUR fault not MINE. Please fix it.

One more thing, I am PAYING YOU MONEY TO TEST YOUR PRODUCT. Getting to level 10 is fun and all but I want one of my level 50's over....

They do not need everyone to test. They have plenty. Play on live servers.

Based on the number of bugs that are getting through I'm not sure how many are actually "testing".

I agree. I filled out the form the first day it was available. Then I filled it out 4 times since. None of the characters were moved. So Im testing stuff like the group finder and things I do not need to be level 50 for. I agree I think most consider it a preview of new content than testing it for bugs etc.

They do not need everyone to test. They have plenty. Play on live servers.

There aren't even enough people to adequately test the LFG tool on the PTS, so I highly doubt they have enough. Given the quality of the patches we've gotten, I doubt they've ever had enough people testing.

There aren't even enough people to adequately test the LFG tool on the PTS, so I highly doubt they have enough. Given the quality of the patches we've gotten, I doubt they've ever had enough people testing.

You do not need to be level 50 nor have a character copied to test the LFG tool.

Server transfers may turn out to be an adventure folks. Buckle up.

You're talking apples and oranges. The character copy process is not the same as the server transfer process. The server transfer process works differently and they already used it for the Oceanic/Asia servers.

You do not need to be level 50 nor have a character copied to test the LFG tool.

Because everyone is just dying to level a new character on the PTS. As usual you miss the point. If we are going out of our way to help BW test this patch, you'd think they could follow through with character copies. Instead we have a repeat of 1.2.

Because everyone is just dying to level a new character on the PTS. As usual you miss the point. If we are going out of our way to help BW test this patch, you'd think they could follow through with character copies. Instead we have a repeat of 1.2.

You are not being asked to go out of your way to test lvl 50 content. What you are upset about is you do not want to test anything you want to just check out the new content. Thats not what this test is for. There are plenty of things to test if you want to help out. Noone if forcing you to and they have already stated not everyone will be copied over.

My character is still not copied to the pts. Some of my guild mates are not able to get a group for ranked warzone to test this. When I go to the pts they are almost no people. How to test this if you fail to copy most of the chars over that are active testers.

Also no notification that the char has been copied. I have been checking a few times everyday but nothing.