Loot Chance

So my friend is a 50 inquistor and we have ran the ilum false emperor instances 3 times each and not a single time has anything for any type of inquisitor dropped. Its making him very discouraged and almost thinking of quitting. Is anyone else having this problem? any type of char? Im an operative agent and everything that is exactly for my class and tree ,Healer, has dropped practicably every time any thoughts?

So my friend is a 50 inquistor and we have ran the ilum false emperor instances 3 times each and not a single time has anything for any type of inquisitor dropped. Its making him very discouraged and almost thinking of quitting. Is anyone else having this problem? any type of char? Im an operative agent and everything that is exactly for my class and tree ,Healer, has dropped practicably every time any thoughts?

My advice. Tell your friend to form groups that are made up of only inquisitors. The more of a class in a group the better the odds of loot for that class dropping.

That being said. It sounds to me like your friend just got very unlucky. If hes really considering quitting the game because he didnt get any loot in 3 tier 1 runs this probably isnt the game for him.

RNG is RNG.

I ran an instance where i was the only Sent, and in fact only force user. Maelstrom Prison.

The Sentinel chest piece dropped 3 times during that same run.(even more amusing, i had gotten that chest long ago on a previous run).

So again, RNG is RNG.

My advice. Tell your friend to form groups that are made up of only inquisitors. The more of a class in a group the better the odds of loot for that class dropping.

That being said. It sounds to me like your friend just got very unlucky. If hes really considering quitting the game because he didnt get any loot in 3 tier 1 runs this probably isnt the game for him.

First off, that's wrong. If you have 4 inqs, you have a 99% chance for that gear. 3 inqs is 50%. The loot bias is only dependent on what classes are there not how many. IE, 2 inqs and 2 bh's would be 50/50 beacuse there are only 2 classes there, but 2inqs, 1 bh and 1 agent would be 33/33/33 because there is 3 classes.

Now, I will say this, your friend is unlucky atm, but not nearly as unlucky as one of my former guildlies. Before 1.2 and the loot bias and when FP's still had daily lockouts, he had to run FE 17 times before an agent chestpiece token dropped for him.

Ok well mabye i wasnt clear enough, 3 times each for both illum and false emperor as well as kaon, so a total of seven times. So seven times he didnt get anything, We are a group of each class, warrior,agent, inquis, bounty hunter. So the chances that what drops is for me should be even but its not i get almost every loot drop. Sorry if i wasn't clear but seven runs is ridiculous.

Your friend had to run stuff 14 times? what a trooper XD

Ok well mabye i wasnt clear enough, 3 times each for both illum and false emperor as well as kaon, so a total of seven times. So seven times he didnt get anything, We are a group of each class, warrior,agent, inquis, bounty hunter. So the chances that what drops is for me should be even but its not i get almost every loot drop. Sorry if i wasn't clear but seven runs is ridiculous.

Your friend had to run stuff 14 times? what a trooper XD

If you really think about it, 7 runs isn't all that many. Its unfortunate, but its certainly not outside of the realms of possibility of it being random bad luck. Do some more and see what happens, if after 20, 50, 100 he's still not getting anything, then yes perhaps something is wrong :p