Is everyone force sensitive in some way?

DrFaroohk

Of all the classes - of course there's Jedi and Sith, but do you guys imagine that even the other classes are slightly "force sensitive"? I don't think everyone who is FS can actually shoot lightning out of their hands, of course, but I would see that as why you are considered "tops" in your group. I think it was Kreia who said sometimes the force manifests itself in diferent ways, too. Some people are experts at lightsaber combat. Others are good with droids or ships. Maybe you're an FS Bounty Hunter or something.

As far as the game is concerned, I don't think there is any force sensitivity at all outside of the Force professions. However, according to the Star Wars novels, and more specifically, Luke Skywalker, every living thing has some sort of force sensitivity. It's just that some, like Han Solo, it is so little that they can never use or sense the force. Some can touch it just enough to enhance some aspects of their lives but don't know it. And some can access it and use it knowingly.

Everything that lives touches the Force. It is said so many times in the Star Wars movies.

Obi-Wan: The Force is an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us, penetrates us. . . it binds the galaxy together.

Yoda: Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you. Everywhere. Between you, me, the tree, the rock, everywhere. Yes, even between the land, and the ship.

Qui-Gon: Without the midichlorians, life would not exist, and we would have no knowledge of the Force.

In the Star Wars universe, everything that lives is part of the Force, and touches it in any number of small ways. In "ordinary" people, their subconscious, low-level connection to the Force is what allows them to perform miraculous feats of pure will, drawing on their drive to succeed and press on to overcome fantastic odds. (Represented in any number of iterations of Star Wars tabletop RPGs as "Force Points," which any character can spend to increase their chances of succeeding at a roll.)

However, not all beings are "Force-Sensitive," which is the term specifically applied to those who have the ability to consciously reach out and touch the Force, to influence it to their will and make themselves instruments of its will. These are the people who become Jedi or Sith.

Now, for the non-Force-Sensitive, no amount of training will allow them to use telekinesis, or Force Lightning, or see the future. But perhaps, the training and hardening and focusing of their will allows them to draw more effectively on the Force, increasing their chances of success. The exceptional individuals. . . such as the main characters of this very game. . . have such a high level of training and personal drive that they draw on the Force more than any "normal" person, making themselves more successful, more heroic, and worth any five, ten, or even twenty "lesser" beings. As the old saying goes, "mine is the strength of ten men, because my cause is just." Except in this case, the saying is more likely to be "mine is the strength of ten men, because I refuse to fail."

Any Jedi will tell you that you can WANT the lightsaber to jump to your hand all you want. . . but until you actually visualize it happening, SEE the lightsaber leaping from the ground into your hand with such clarity that it may as well be real, that the Force responds to your command, bringing your will to reality. In the same way, one of these highly-trained, expertly motivated, exceptional individuals refuses to fail, refuses to give in, pushes on against adversity through sheer force of will. He or she visualizes their success with such clarity that the Force responds to their subconscious manipulation, and brings about their success, guiding their blasterfire to their enemies, heightening their body's ability to shrug off pain, injury, and fatigue, subtly altering a million microscopic events to bring their vision of success to reality.

Everything that lives touches the Force. It is said so many times in the Star Wars movies.

Obi-Wan: The Force is an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us, penetrates us. . . it binds the galaxy together.

Yoda: Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you. Everywhere. Between you, me, the tree, the rock, everywhere. Yes, even between the land, and the ship.

Qui-Gon: Without the midichlorians, life would not exist, and we would have no knowledge of the Force.

In the Star Wars universe, everything that lives is part of the Force, and touches it in any number of small ways. In "ordinary" people, their subconscious, low-level connection to the Force is what allows them to perform miraculous feats of pure will, drawing on their drive to succeed and press on to overcome fantastic odds. (Represented in any number of iterations of Star Wars tabletop RPGs as "Force Points," which any character can spend to increase their chances of succeeding at a roll.)

However, not all beings are "Force-Sensitive," which is the term specifically applied to those who have the ability to consciously reach out and touch the Force, to influence it to their will and make themselves instruments of its will. These are the people who become Jedi or Sith.

Now, for the non-Force-Sensitive, no amount of training will allow them to use telekinesis, or Force Lightning, or see the future. But perhaps, the training and hardening and focusing of their will allows them to draw more effectively on the Force, increasing their chances of success. The exceptional individuals. . . such as the main characters of this very game. . . have such a high level of training and personal drive that they draw on the Force more than any "normal" person, making themselves more successful, more heroic, and worth any five, ten, or even twenty "lesser" beings. As the old saying goes, "mine is the strength of ten men, because my cause is just." Except in this case, the saying is more likely to be "mine is the strength of ten men, because I refuse to fail."

Any Jedi will tell you that you can WANT the lightsaber to jump to your hand all you want. . . but until you actually visualize it happening, SEE the lightsaber leaping from the ground into your hand with such clarity that it may as well be real, that the Force responds to your command, bringing your will to reality. In the same way, one of these highly-trained, expertly motivated, exceptional individuals refuses to fail, refuses to give in, pushes on against adversity through sheer force of will. He or she visualizes their success with such clarity that the Force responds to their subconscious manipulation, and brings about their success, guiding their blasterfire to their enemies, heightening their body's ability to shrug off pain, injury, and fatigue, subtly altering a million microscopic events to bring their vision of success to reality.

Good post, but you mentioned midichlorians, so I'll have to give you -50 DKP.