Starship Analysis: YT-2400 Light Freighter.

Wolfninjajedi

Alright guys, now were starting to head back into the Technological side of things in Star Wars. I figured, doing these Analysis randomization would give readers a surprise and perhaps new info sooner...so without further ado lets look at the YT-2400!

=========

The YT-2400 light freighter was a YT series produced by the Corellian Engineering Corporation much like the YT-1300 light freighters. These ships were favored by smugglers, due to being fast, tough, and endlessly modifiable the ships came with 16 weapon emplacements though only 6 are used in the stock design but it also gives the owner an easier time to make modifications this made the ship for smugglers and mercenaries a well armed transport. With its double armor plating and bulky engines, the YT-2400 could handle deep space combat, it had power to spare so it can take huge powerful engines and weapons in being modified.

The rounded hull area was devoted to cargo holds and ship's systems. In practice, much of the interior hull space was taken up by modified engines, power generators, weapons systems, and all the other illegal goodies any self-respecting smuggling ship needed. The YT-2400 was configured with a pair of starboard bracing arms that connected to the cockpit compartment, essentially a long tube. The aft section of the cockpit tube contained the primary escape pod, which seated six. The bracing arm's interior space generally was used for crew quarters and living space.

By 137 ABY, YT-2400 freighters were still in use by the Galactic Alliance Remnant.

========

YT-2400 specs

Deck plan schematics= http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/6/61/YT2400schematics-SS.png

Cost: 130,000(New), 32,000(Used)

Max Speed(atmosphere)= 800 km/h

Hyperdrive Rating: Class 2.0, Backup 12.0

Shielding: Equipped

Hull: Doubled-armor plating

Navigation System: Equipped

Armament: 2 CEC 1D servo turret laser cannons

Crew: 3(minimum crew 1)

Passengers: 6

Cargo capacity: 150 metric tons

Consumables: 2 months

Other Systems: 2 escape pods

=======

Pictures

http://www.bwafer.com/starwars/images/YT2400.jpg

http://img.swcombine.com/ships/34/large.jpg

======

Thoughts: This is my favorite ship(freighter/transport wise), the CEC pretty much handed you a freighter in which the owner could modify it to their specifications. That is what I like, you can make your own YT-2400 pretty much from the ground up and have it be on hell of a vessel...that isn't to say the stock isn't done well it is but...you'd get more out of a YT-2400 if you modified it. Its a great freighter, loved it ever since I saw Dash's Outrider in Shadows of the Empire and I also had one in SWG and it was a great ship.

Not only that, but these vessels are G-canon yay! If any of you guys watch ANH sometime, when Luke and co are entering Mos Eisley and the camera is panned out to show the large portion of the city before the Stormtroopers, take a look in the sky and you'll see a YT-2400 heading out.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

That last mission on Shadows where you finally got to fly the Outrider was epic and then you fly into the skyhook....oh man....right next to the Falcon DS II tunnel run on X-Wing Alliance in terms of awesomeness. Very few things are more badarse than flying a freighter in a compact tunnel with sharp turns. :cool:

Good analysis dude.

That last mission on Shadows where you finally got to fly the Outrider was epic and then you fly into the skyhook....oh man....right next to the Falcon DS II tunnel run on X-Wing Alliance in terms of awesomeness. Very few things are more badarse than flying a freighter in a compact tunnel with sharp turns. :cool:

Good analysis dude.

Not on topic, but I love how ****** gets censored, but badarse (Using the correct spelling of arse) doesn't :)

Edited by _Darkstar

Good analysis dude.

Yep sure is, I like the Outrider more then the Falcon. <<

The design on the 2400 always appealed to me more than the 1300 series. Though I'm more a fan of to the 2000 Series myself...speaking of which....any chance you'll do an analysis on that :D? Such a great ship...discontinued too soon. :(

I'll have a look see about it, though am doing these things randomized so as to give people a surprise. :p But i'll see about fitting it in.

• 3 years later...
For those who managed to get one in SWG, how did it feel to control or fly in-game? I mean how did the 2400's controls feel? And for those who also flown the YT-1300's, was there any control differences? Or did they feel the same? Was curious since I regret never playing SWG when I had the chance. Edited by DeralElfor