Hatred vs. Deception PvE

Theshrimpy

You all talk of switching or using Hatred on some runs and Deception on others. Is there an easy way to save your keyboard setup for each? So I you switch your abilities are set up already?

not really you do it manually as in drag and drop. but of course keep the same keybinds on shared abilities because that just makes sense. the only thing you should do on any discipline and also on any toon really is a setup an overall system for yourself where you keybind similar abilities on different disciplines to the same keys. for example I use the mostly spam "filler" ability of a class to dps or heal ability as my "2" key. I use my mez stun always on "x", mobility on "f", interrupt on "t" etc. That way you can change from spec to spec more easily once that is set-up and you have an overall layout for your keyboard saved.

Beyond that I would recommend using often used abilities on left side of keyboard and long cooldown abilities on right side of keyboard as you right hand (at least in my case) will be on the mouse.

You all talk of switching or using Hatred on some runs and Deception on others. Is there an easy way to save your keyboard setup for each? So I you switch your abilities are set up already?

Unfortunately there is not. But, only 4 abilities come and go so if you keep all the others in the same keybind slot it won't be much of a change. Edit: 5 abilities but double strike/clairvoyant strike are kinda the same.

Edited by bdatt

Ok, thank you. Since returning a week or so ago, my assassin was spec Hatred and was level 60. I am 64 now and still hatred and it seems to work pretty well, although I will say the game seems much easier in normal PvE with all the companions just healing you non stop. I am sure its still difficult in operations etc.

For normal PvE would deception be ok also? I am not sure when to switch and learn the spec as I have always been hatred I believe.