enough hp for Xenoanalyst II?

I see people in chat calling for over 19000 hp being needed for teams to take out Xenoanalyst II SM, and I am wondering whether this is really correct. Both my 50's have just dinged 50 and have tionesse gear with augments so about 17500 hp or thereabouts. I've done the other two ilum bosees and no one said anything about gear levels requirements for them.

Edited to change xp to hp :o

Edited by Zylaro
wrote it wrong

In story mode fully augmented tionese should be enough, but only because all groups will have well geared people in them picking up the slack. If the entire group were all in tionese, then you would be seeing problems getting it done, and there's no way you would be able to burn the power cores in time. Also, the tanks wouldn't be able to survive the 2nd add phase. Yes you did a world boss in tionese, but what did the rest of the group have?

Are you mixing acronyms?

XP is a general gaming short-hand for "eXPerience"

Perhaps you meant HP "Hit Points"

And frankly while it's quite feasible that well-played characters with 17500hp could be carried through the Xenoanalyst II Operation a full Operation team of such players would be woefully inadequate.

But regardless, it is up to the organisers or the players in the team themselves what gear requirements they set, if they don't feel like carrying an under-geared player along they don't have to,

You are welcome to challenge my assertions by forming a full Operation group of only Tionese geared players & beating the event with them.

Sorry yes, duh, I meant hp, most but not all of the other players were indeed well geared.

thanks for the replies and advice.

Edited to say I have upgraded my sentinel's ear piece, implants and lightsabre hilt and added augments to those, and she is now well over 19,000hp so should be interesting to see the difference. My shadow will have to wait for now.

Edited by Zylaro
an update

For pugs, people always will ask overgeared players. For xeno hm they will always mention gear, they ask 61+.

For sm, well, I remember ppl asking for columi+ or they say nothing, probably because they already have some overgeared peeps and they just looking for a couple of more bodies to fill the team

Anyway, my Commando healer in full campaign/black hole (minus 1 columi implant and 2 pvp relics), 12 augments has exactly 19027 hit points. By those standards, I would barely made it into their team. I think it's a ludicrous request for sm. Sucks for the many people who don't meet the requirements, but the one putting up the team together can ask for it.

For SM, you want the tank to have 19k hp at least. The other members just have to be level 50, it is very, very easy.

For HM, you want the DPS to have 19k hp (which is lvl 58+). You must do over 174k damage over 20 second or so, which translates to 8.7k dps overall. If your DPS can't pull 1.5k at least, you will most likely wipe.

SM is tuned for full Tinonese, just like all 50 content SM.

Uh... no? SM TfB and SM EC are tuned for full Columi. Just because it's SM doesn't mean it's tuned for Tionese. Honestly, I'm not sure whether SM Xenu (XENU!!) is tuned for Tionese or Columi since it's such an easy encounter anyways: the gear it drops would suggest it's tuned for Columi or Rakata, but it's entirely possible that the gear gets a bit of a boost in quality because it's temporary.

How do people come up with nonsense like this?

SM is tuned for full Tinonese, just like all 50 content SM.

There is not much content that is tuned for full tionese. In fact none of them are.

EV and KP SM do drop on every boss half columi loot and half tionese (or exotech or some other stuff that is same level as tionese) gear. They were clearly tuned for people who are not even in full tionese. What would be the point of tionese level drops if they were tuned for full tionese? They seem to be "tuned" for either people with level 49-50 blues or for people with half tionese and half blue gear or something along those lines. Remember that when those ops were new, you did not get full tionese immediately upon reaching 50 and getting even tionese level gear could take weeks for some people.

EC and TFB SM are tuned for full columi. This is not only obvious based on loot drops and other such things, but has also been stated so many times by the developers.

Do I really even need to explain flashpoints too?

Edited by Eternalnight

I think the tank should have at least 19k hp ^^ (which they should easily hit)

For the dps and heals I think the recruit and tionese you recieve when you hit 50 should be enough

:/ "Should be".... I ran with a 8Man Pug Guild with Rakata/Blackhole ... Couldn't even do it ... srsly, who wipes on SM Xeno more then once ... or even once?

I joined a PUG SM 16 man a couple of days ago with my sentinel, who was hitting 20k hp with buffs etc. The group I was in had several players with low level gear in the 14k hp range and we managed it first go. We had a good leader who talked us through what to expect before we started which was greatly appreciated. A few of us were invited to stay and try it 8 man HM but we wiped just at the end and had run out of time to try again. I haven't tried it with my shadow yet.

HP is just the quick/lazy filter for gear rating.

I agree that the fight seems balanced such that even fresh 50s can clear it in a mix of tionese/recruit gear. So, 1900 is overkill. Being a pug group, the organisers were most likely looking to minimize the chance of wipes caused by people learning the fight. You can make up for sloppy mechanics execution to a degree by being overgeared.

Joined a PUG group for 16-man Xeno HM yesterday. It was advertised in chat as people needing 61+ gear. That's fine, but what amused me greatly was spotting three DPS commandos in group with more than 22k HP (including the leader). Closer inspection revealed they had more endurance than aim (*facepalm*). Seriously, people just collect stock BH pieces and think they're done. Really, it matters nothing if you're full BH but you've still only got 1700 aim.... you're not a tank!

Joined a PUG group for 16-man Xeno HM yesterday. It was advertised in chat as people needing 61+ gear. That's fine, but what amused me greatly was spotting three DPS commandos in group with more than 22k HP (including the leader). Closer inspection revealed they had more endurance than aim (*facepalm*). Seriously, people just collect stock BH pieces and think they're done. Really, it matters nothing if you're full BH but you've still only got 1700 aim.... you're not a tank!

I must admit, my sorc heal didn't get into the procedure of min/maxing yet and so he has 21k life.

all the statpoints that are just wasted. :(

I must admit, my sorc heal didn't get into the procedure of min/maxing yet and so he has 21k life.

all the statpoints that are just wasted. :(

It is painful having to go through the process of getting 2-3 BH pieces just to properly equip one, but it makes a mockery of the group requirements ("61+ gear") when those guys are effectively less well geared than someone in min/maxed Columi :rolleyes:

How do people come up with nonsense like this?

There is not much content that is tuned for full tionese.

EV and KP SM do drop on every boss half columi loot and half tionese (or exotech or some other stuff that is same level as tionese) gear. They were clearly tuned for people who are not even in full tionese. What would be the point of tionese level drops if they were tuned for full tionese? They seem to be "tuned" for either people with level 49-50 blues or for people with half tionese and half blue gear or something along those lines.

EC and TFB SM are tuned for full columi. This is not only obvious based on loot drops and other such things, but has also been stated so many times by the developers.

Exactly. My first clear of SM EV was in 4/5 Daily gear with 1/5 Tionese, same for SM KP. When I see a SM LFG Operation group requesting full 61s I know they're doing it to compensate for the lower skill level of your average pug, not because you need full BH for an SM Tier 1.