OPS loot system

Personally, I think that the loot distribution should change in OPS. I don't really like the idea of the items being named to a character. For instance, last night I ran EV and the Jedi Counsalar off-hand token dropped and there were a total of three counsalars and it went to the one who already had the off hand. I feel like it doesn't really give everyone a fair share at the loot. I understand it can eliminate ninjain but, thats part of the game.

I understand it can eliminate ninjain but, thats part of the game.

How does forcing Ninja looting eliminate ninja looting? Still makes absolutely no sense to me and I think the dev that came up with the idea needs to never touch anything that effects gameplay again.

I think the most annoying part of it is that it actually discourages people from having more geared out guildies help them in normal mode Ops if they have another person of the same class there. For example, my Commando is 2 pieces short of full Rakata(and the 2 companions I use are in a mix of Columi and Rakata as well) so I need absolutely nothing from Normal Mode Operations but if I wanted to help out a guild group I would just be stealing Trooper loot against my will from a Trooper that actually needs the loot since there is no way to pass or trade your loot to another raid member.

I think it is a dumb system, poorly implemented, and the worst part is that it is forced on us. The least they could do is make it an optional loot system like master looter or round robin, and that way if your group wants to control the loot they can and if they want the game ninja looting everything then they are allowed to as well.