Dot Classes

Monoth

Dot classes seem to be tearing up the parses right now leaving behind all the non-dot spec's

unless your dot spec nobody wants you in their HM/NIM raids.... Is Bioware ever plan on balancing this? or do we all have to play dot spec's..

It has more to do with gear rating inflation rather than how specs work. Nowadays with the 248-especially 256 gear any dot spec can handle fight phases where previously an experienced raid leader would insist you play a good burst spec to get through a certain phase easier.

• 2 weeks later...
Because Veng jugg is as far from a DoT class as a DoT class can be :D

how so? you have multiple bleeds, its great for stacking bleeds on boss then killing adds, while bleeds dot the boss. its also juggs only dot spec, rage is burst.

how so? you have multiple bleeds, its great for stacking bleeds on boss then killing adds, while bleeds dot the boss. its also juggs only dot spec, rage is burst.

It’s probably because Vigil dots seems really weak when compared to other classes like Ruffi and Plasma. Guardians are good for their survivability but when compared to other classes in terms of DoTs they seem weak.

Either way it does matter since every spec is viable in an endgame scenario.

It’s probably because Vigil dots seems really weak when compared to other classes like Ruffi and Plasma. Guardians are good for their survivability but when compared to other classes in terms of DoTs they seem weak.

Either way it does matter since every spec is viable in an endgame scenario.

You make it sound like jugg has bad dps. It's DoTs are weak because most of it's damage comes right away from your instant attacks. Which is why I am saying it is as far from a traditional DoT spec (Hatred, Annihilation, Madness etc) as it's possible while still being considered the DoT spec of juggernauts.

Having so much frontloaded damage makes juggernauts incredibly strong because they don't suffer from the weaknesses that other DoT specs have.

Out of all DoT specs in SWTOR juggernauts have the lowest percentage of total dps coming from DoTs. Most of your damage is frontloaded. The only spec that is similar is Pyrotech but that one still does more DoT damage compared to Instant damage attacks.

There is a reason why Rage juggs have like 6% presence in operations while Vengeance is played by over 90% of juggs. Of course, lower dps of Rage is the main cause. But it's also that by taking Vengeance you are not going to suffer from severe lack of burst damage or bad target switching capabilities. Those 2 weaknesses are typical for a traditional DoT spec but Vengeance doesn't suffer from them.

Edited by Equeliber

Does this mean I can use Innovative Ordinance excessively again? That would make me very happy if so.:D

Not only you can, you should. Arsenal is the lowest parsing spec in the game. Even sorcs that are still considered a meme are quite a bit ahead of Arsenal. I feel like the only people who play Arsenal are those who don't know/don't care about their position on DPS charts or those who just can't play anything else for some reason.

I feel like the only people who play Arsenal are those who don't know/don't care about their position on DPS charts or those who just can't play anything else for some reason.

Pretty sure that Arsenal is way too friendly for new players. The rotation is like Veng juggs, honestly. Too easy to handle.

Pretty sure that Arsenal is way too friendly for new players. The rotation is like Veng juggs, honestly. Too easy to handle.

It was nice when it was a necessity to know both specs for raiding. Although it was always fun to do arsenal since I never had to think. Still might use it for dailies though. Can't start my brain during that boredom.

Not only you can, you should. Arsenal is the lowest parsing spec in the game. Even sorcs that are still considered a meme are quite a bit ahead of Arsenal. I feel like the only people who play Arsenal are those who don't know/don't care about their position on DPS charts or those who just can't play anything else for some reason.

You surely haven't met Cogesh yet

You surely haven't met Cogesh yet

Haven't met him but I have seen his parses. He is one of the exceptions. He would fall under the "don't care" category. I am guessing he just really loves Arsenal's gameplay? Can't blame him, it is very fun, indeed. With 258 gear giving you an extra boost, anything can work in good hands.

Edited by Equeliber