EA stocks plummetting (Hit below 52 week low today!!)

MadCuzBad

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow!!

The stock crept below its 52 week low today.

This is not what investors had hoped to see on the heels of the biggest game release of the year.

Not good, hope things change here.

http://investor.ea.com/stockquote.cfm

Are people really this dumb?

Stocks go up and down all the time for ALL companies for all sorts of reasons, I like how some of these Einsteins seem to think EA stock is tied exclusively to SWTOR lol..

Right now with the issues in Greece almost all stocks today are dropping... Please stop making posts like this, I'm embarrassed for you..

Edited by Monoth

Wow!!

This is not what investors had hoped to see on the heels of the biggest game release of the year.

First, looking at your post history, I question your "hope things change here".

Second, do you know how to read those reports? It clearly states it's 52 week low is 16.85, it is currently at 17.05 hence, not below it's 52 week low ...

Either way, game fun (I know you hate to hear someone post that so I assume at some point, someone, maybe you, will call me a fanboi), still paying and playing =)

The Old Republic is literally the only product that EA has?

Edit: And how is this the biggest game release of the year(2011 or 2012?). it was never expected to be, and it isn't in any sense of the word. Why are you just throwing around hyperbole?

Edited by Claymaniac

Wow!!

That's what happens when you miss analysts estimates.

Are people really this dumb?

Stocks go up and down all the time for ALL companies for all sorts of reasons, I like how some of these Einsteins seem to think EA stock is tied exclusively to SWTOR lol..

Right now with the issues in Greece almost all stocks today are dropping... Please stop making posts like this, I'm embarrassed for you..

Actually, the major indexes(DJ, Nasdaq, S&P) closed at multi-year highs yesterday. Today is a profit taking day. While the general market has been rising, EA stock has been falling all month.

Because stocks are reliable...

Stock prices are reliable when gauging investor confidence in a company's ability to make money(which is why they are in business). It is not a reliable indicator of whether a product will be good or not, but it is a good indicator of investor confidence regarding a company's ability to deliver on their promises. Low investor confidence is a market expression of EA's overall ability to deliver and continue making money.

Wow!!

As a day trader I recollect a post saying that EA stock had risen on the announcement of December figures and total subscriptions retained?

The current drop would be the result of profit takers, I'm not offer any advice as i'm not a fund manager but I would assume that the stock will recover. It's not unusual for profit takers to cash in on a rise in a stock price pending an announcement.

Edited by NoxiousAlby

Wow!!

A quick look at your post history says everything I need to know about your "hope" for this game. You don't like it - we get that.

You must be some kind of sad case though to be trawling finance/news sites just so you can spew your ill thought out hate on the forums of a game you don't like.

In other news - WoW has lost a tonne of subs just lately...maybe you should link that one too?

Driz

While market is indeed down today, EA is down as much as it is since one of it's bigger supporters, Macquarie, dropped their rating on the stock. One of the reasons cited was a 'lack of visibility into Star Wars trends'. This was one of the groups that was very high on TOR and downplayed when others dropped their estimates. I don't think they are saying that TOR is failing here, just that they are concerned about a lack of information on TOR sub trends as well as the overall mess that is EA.

P.S. IMHO EA hits $15 in the next 60-90 days.

People sell and hope to cause doubt causing the price to drop further just to go back and buy the stock even cheaper now prior to a game's release. After the release the stocks go up and up and then they sell for profit.

In this case, its stock flipping prior to Mass Effect 3.

People don't buy EA stock and hold it for a lifetime. They are selling stocks with one company to buy stock with another company that has a release soon. With Diablo 3 now having a release target I would assume many are flooding there now to grab some of the release hype stock gains.

I would bet my money on Diablo over Mass Effect right now and that's where my money would be going on the stock market.

While market is indeed down today, EA is down as much as it is since one of it's bigger supporters, Macquarie, dropped their rating on the stock. One of the reasons cited was a 'lack of visibility into Star Wars trends'. This was one of the groups that was very high on TOR and downplayed when others dropped their estimates. I don't think they are saying that TOR is failing here, just that they are concerned about a lack of information on TOR sub trends as well as the overall mess that is EA.

P.S. IMHO EA hits $15 in the next 60-90 days.

Thanks for an honest assesment!!